“Never, ever stay here!”

Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
midlands
“Never, ever stay here!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This overnight booking was not my choice so blame him!

After many years of travelling all over the world using Tripadvisor to choose accommodation we have never had a bad experience. (just proves the worth of Tripadvisor doesn't it?)

However he suggested this one and I didn't check it out. (a mistake!) We were travelling to the rugby league world cup from different directions, but the M6 defied my attempts to get there until the following morning. He had slept there overnight. I had a lucky escape! Had I arrived there on time I would have refused to stay.

I cannot add to the detrimental comments of previous reviewers, it's all so true. Dirty, smelly, unkempt, horrendous breakfast, no heat in the room etc, all so very true.

But .... you get what you pay for and he paid £45.00 for a double room and 'free' breakfast.

Next time I'll be checking out our bookings before we go - as usual. There's a moral here somewhere isn't there?!

Spend a little more. Stay at the Premier Inn locally if you need to be in that area.

Avoid this place at all costs.

Room Tip: Avoid all of them. We had a room overlooking a flat roof at the back which was absolutely littered w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sally k

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
lincoln
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My room was very comfortable and I enjoyed a good nights sleep (not always the case even at very expensive Hotels)
There are places to eat just down the ropad however I decided to eat in. The food at best was of average quality however it (and the beer) was cheap.
Breakfast was self service and, despite being cooked and left on a hotplate, was suprisingly good.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Liverpool, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 November 2013

I paid £70 for me and my girlfriend to stay here for the weekend and I must say I was impressed with the service at reception. The girl was very polite we checked into our room, the hallways on the way up where slightly dark and the staircase smelt like damp and smoke but other than that great place to stay. My girlfriend went downstairs to ask if they sell food so they gave us some take away delivery leaflets, we ordered our food and when it arrived the receptionist rang up our room to let us know our food had arrived.

The rooms where nice and clean the beds where comfy the bath was quite hard to run due to the extremely hot water but I got the hang of it in the end. The television was good my only last complaint is that the walls where quite hollow so we could hear people next door.

We enjoyed our stay at the Paddington House Hotel and would like to return in the future.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

On entering the hotel I was immediately put off by the strong unpleasant smell, and I knew straight away that I was going to be disappointed. The place seems to be in a poor state of repair and the quality of the decor was dreadful. i.e. The stair banister was very wobbly and the cheap single coat of emulsion in the dinning room made the place look like a doss house! The single bed I had seemed like a child's bed, and smaller than normal - although reasonably comfortable. Getting a drink in the bar was very hit and miss, as the barmen obviously had other roles and he was mostly in another part of the hotel. A problem in the kitchen, meant that other guests were unable to get a meal. However, I was lucky as this happened after i had ordered. If I had seen the young hoodies masquerading as chef's before I ordered I would have eaten elsewhere, but surprisingly, the food was OK - which is the only reason I have rated this hotel as a 2 and not 1!

Room Tip: Get a room at the premiere inn
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian B

Travellers are raving about these Warrington hotels

birmingham
Reviewed 11 November 2013

After reading a lot of reviews left for this hotel i was a little anxious about arriving. When i got there i was greeted very warmly by a young girl on reception who seemed very helpful and helped me to my room, the room was a good size and very clean. Later on in the evening i went downstairs to eat where again i was met by another young lady who went out of her way to cook me a meal that wasn't available on the menu. The food served was very well presented and tasted delicious. There was a blonde lady on the bar who made me feel welcome and embraced in conversation with me throughout the evening. I think this is a lovely hotel with a very helpful team and excellent value for money. I can honestly say i will happily return and already have my next trip booked here.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 November 2013

We stayed at the hotel and found it clean and comfortable, so refreshing to have staff that cant do enough to make you feel welcome even the young manager took time out to tell us about the hotels history and show us lots of the original features that are around 350 years old. The food when pre booked for the weekend was beautiful and we was shocked that it had cost so little for such good home made food (best meal I've had in years). Our family were down for a funeral and the buffet was also very good at a reasonable price, the prices in the bar also very cheap and from what I could gather there is a lot of work being done on the property and its a work in progress as under new ownership and we found the only thing budget about this hotel was the price to the customer.

Room Tip: we was on the first floor and all the family very happy with the rooms
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I would not recommend this hotel to anyone. It is outdated, filthy and in desperate need of a major overhaul to bring it into the 21st Century. The carpets are disgusting and never cleaned or hoovered, sinks and baths had hair and mould and corridors badly lit and hotel generally smelled musty and dirty. Breakfast was poor with eggs very undercooked and restaurant also smelled unpleasant. Alcohol in bar appeared watered down and glasses were dirty too. I am surprised this hotel is allowed to trade as such and that it operates with a fire and H&S certificate. It should be closed down and refurbished top to bottom. I would love to see what the Hotel Inspector would make of this hole. Although cheap, this is not value for money.

Room Tip: Do not stay anywhere in this hotel
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family