“Out of 3 rooms we had to change 2”

Paddington House Hotel
Ranked #21 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Out of 3 rooms we had to change 2”
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Filthy !!!! Smelly !!!! Dreadful food !!!!! Dreadful bar !!!! Dirty mattress and toilet shower more of a fountain and flooded
Would we stay here again not with the flies mould and dirt and debris outside
And please if you are a bride to be don't go their

• Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Trudiereydyche

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
Amlwch, Wales, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Stayed on a business trip, have stayed before and the place is high up on my list of alternates when my favourite local hotel with a pool is unavailable - it is a bit dated BUT at £40 including breakfast and free wifi represents good value - it has a bar and restaurant, when you compare this to travelodge you get a lot more for less money. Breakfast was nice and fresh, staff were friendly and helpful - I will stay again and recommend the hotel as doing what it says on the tin

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Bridgwater, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 May 2014

room was ok, could do with a dust but overall was value for money breakfast was plentyfull, Had a enjoyable sty and would recommend it, staff were very helpful. one complaint was the bed it was very soft and not to my liking but overall a very enjoyable stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank roy464
Telford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

I was staying here for a business trip, The look from the outside said it all, car park is disgrace full of pot holes, went to check in and waited nearly 15 minutes before a member of staff even arrived at reception it was like a deserted building no lights on in the bar area and not a person in sight!! Finally got 2 check in and was directed to my room upstairs with no working lift to use! Lights were out in the corridors which was clearly a safety issue! I reported this to staff and the lady on reception didn't seem to be bothered.. The hotel didn't look like it had seen a duster or Hoover in a few months the corridors were disgraceful let alone the room I was first put in! The first room I went to had mould all in the bathroom a dirty teaspoon and cup and empty milk cartons in the kettle I then got moved to an alternative room which had filthy windowsills mould up the curtains and again mould in the bathroom the carpets were filthy and worn and hadn't been hoovered, the bedding didn't look to clean either! I went to eat in the bar area and was appalled by the lack of choice in the food menu a choice of alternative curries OR chips and pasta, no explanation of what pasta just CHIPS AND PASTA!!!!! No choice for vegetarian options which was no use to me so as you can guess I chose not to eat here. (With the state of the bedrooms I dread to even think how their kitchen looked) I chose to check out a day early due to the low standard and lack of help from any of their staff, I was then hit by the fact that I was unable to get a refund for the next night as the money had already been taken off my card and I would have to go through head office which I still haven't heard back from after numerous emails sent and calls made! I would never recommend anyone to stay in this terrible place it was dreadful.

4 Thank Gertrude653

Travellers are raving about these Warrington hotels

Harlech, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 May 2014

If your a fan of a good night sleep, then DONT book this hotel. Builders working on the roof 24/7 and hotel staff staying in the hotel slamming doors and shouting down the corridor at stupid hours in the morning. None of the desk staff know how to use the computer and for some reason they think serving curry every night is a GOOD idea. Many more bad points but it's not worth saying. I advise you to stay away. The only good point I have about this hotel is the location....wish there where more

1 Thank Raymas12
Ayrshire, Scotland
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Lots of bad reviews lately, and I can understand that as the room we first got allocated had a noisy, broken, and probably dangerous, fan over the shower. Straight away got moved to another room, room 14, which had everything we needed and a very comfy bed (there were some fixtures problems here too but this is an old building which is bound to have lots of ongoing maintenance problems. Think a fair bit of money needs spent here. The poor staff were lovely and were trying best to cope with quite a few problems at once. The breakfast was good and plentiful, and the waitress was very attentive. For all the faults, we were very happy with this place, as reviewers have to take the price they paid into consideration, and for what we paid we got a good deal. We will be choosing this hotel again, for the next time we stop over on our way further south.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank AnnieBee38
Bedfordshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We pulled into the car park which was filled with potholes and uneven ground. As we went to enter the building, one of the front doors were not even in use and the one in use was badly signed. As we reached reception everything went according with payments and key handing over but as we ventured onto our room an unfamiliar odor appeared. Upon reaching the room after climbing several narrow steps and minding our heads on rather low ceilings; the carpet of the room was filthy (not just a couple of days without a hover - looked like months!) The bathroom was somewhat left alot to be desired; the floor was covered in previous users hairs, a towel was thrown in the bottom of the shower, which I had no intention of using. After only being there for an hour the smell that first hit us was starting to climb the stairs to our room. The upside to the hotel was the free wifi as I was able to find a different hotel, my partner and I gathered our belongs, hauled them down the stairs, handed the key over at reception and said we simply could not stay here and got in our car to our new destination which was like heaven in comparison.

3 Thank SLR6