“Subday Carvery”

Ranked #10 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Warrington
“Subday Carvery”
Reviewed 30 April 2014

After I arrived back from holiday my son had arranged a surprise birthday party at this venue
. The food and choice was excellent. In fact about 85% of people said they were amazed at the spread, quality and price of the food. They all said they would visit again. This is quite a turn round as we used to go there for Sunday lunch until about a year ago. When the quality of the food dropped dramaticly. I must say the improvement is great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Warrington, responded to this review, 24 May 2014
Dear maltman

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Donn Timmons

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (206)
  • Czech first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed here for one night, for work purposes.
Although I was met by very friendly staff at the reception- I couldn't help but think I was shoved at the back of the hotel in a cold, dark room, because my company were paying for it and I wasn't!
I could have put up with the cold room, but when I went to the bathroom I was not happy with what faced me...I had basically been given a disabled persons toilet facility with a stand-up shower basically hovering over the toilet!...a fleeting thought would be I could just put up with it, but then I considered how long I take to have a shower and had a terrorising thought that I would end up flooding the place...(best not to risk it!) when I saw there was actually no shower curtain hanging on the rail- that did it I called and asked to be located to another room...I was moved quite quickly but the staff did not sound surprised or very apologetic...I suppose some poor uncomplaining person has to be allocated the rubbish room! (Not me though thank you very much!)
Food in the main restaurant took forever to be served. I was with my colleagues so it wasn't too bad, but we were all pretty hungry and the food unfortunately sounded more tempting than it turned out to taste and look...
I guess the hotel is good for a work stay but for a 4 star hotel restaurant was not fantastic...
If I stay here again I will be eating the bar food at the pub instead as I hear this is better quality...

Room Tip: Check they don't give you a disabled toilet/shower facilty! I never asked for it and got one!
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Sagittarian-Girl21

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us however disappointed that there were a few elements that were not to your satisfaction. The team and I work hard to ensure that we deliver great experiences all of the time and we will use your valuable feedback when making changes in the future.

We very much hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

stoke on trent
Reviewed 22 April 2014

2 nights stay with dinner on voucher.
Good value for the money. Not Slayley Hall but a very pleasant stay.
Good soup and puddings. Not so keen on the steak.
Breakfast was very good. Waiting area if they are fulkl but you only wait for 5 mins - They provide
coffee etc while you wait. Staff are very nice

Room Tip: if you want a view of the roof and air con units go for 103....
1 Thank susan a
Dear susan_a

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 April 2014

On arrival we were greater by a lovely looking hotel and a great welcome by reception staff.
The rooms were spacious and very comfortable and well equipped for the overnight stay.
Although we had tea/coffee facilities in the room what I liked was the Starbucks coffee shop on the ground floor with instant access to coffee throughout the day/evening.
Breakfast was lovely and set us up for the day and the staff were great, I particularly like the comfortable seating area with tea/coffee at hand whilst you were waiting to be seated.
I would definitely stay here again.

Dear peter w

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Well it was so true, our room, looked over urban landscape! (see picture)when we checked in, we recieved a very nice welcome and when we opened our room it was very dark and more like a funeral setting. Our rooms looked over the aircon machinery and looking at the other rooms there was not much point on asking for another. Food was not great, but had worse. I thought the opposite to the other reviewers and found all the staff really friendly except the housemaid she was scary and claerly wanted you out of those rooms as early as possible. Breakfast was delayed by about 10 mins due the traffic of people waiting for seats. I thought the breakfast was good. I wish the manager was willing to go up to few childrens parents with them making so much noise and it was not just me that could not hear myself think or enjoy breakfast.

Room Tip: ask for the carpark view you will have a better viewstrust me.
Dear RBEW

Many thanks for your feedback.

We very much hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Ackworth
Reviewed 19 April 2014 via mobile

Hotel is basic. Service is poor and food is low quality and expensive. Breakfast was included but not great, coffee was undrinkable and selection of food poor. Had to wait 15mins for a table for breakfast, wasnt worth the wait. Not an great place to stay no decent places to eat within walking distance. Would not recommend

• Stayed April 2014
Dear scamper13

Dear

Many thanks for your feedback.

I was sorry to read that you did not have a thoroughly enjoyable stay with us during your recent visit. I would be very grateful if you could get in touch with me at the hotel to discuss the different element of your stay.

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Donn Timmons

Travellers are raving about these Warrington hotels

Harpenden, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 April 2014

The story is too long, so let me list the issues:

Room - no heating
Room - Soap dispenser left broken for whole week of stay
Room - Shower gel dispenser left broken for whole week of stay
Restaurant - Waited 10 minutes for a soup spoon to eat soup with
Bar - Food arrived wrong 3 out of 4 nights, 50% of ingredients missing
Bar - No cutlery given with food, waited over 5 minutes while food sat in front of me
Bar - Beer served flat
Breakfast - arrived at 09:10 (finished at 09:30) waitress looked at her watch and said "only just made it" then walked off.
Vending Machine - warm and dispensed melted chocolate and hot cans of juice

Generally awful stay - Avoid!
Having stayed at De Vere village before in Bournemouth where the place was brilliant, I was very disappointed .

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank pboswell21
Dear pboswell21,

Thank you for taking the time to write your feedback, and I am sorry that from time to time it can go wrong and we did not meet your expectations during your visits to the hotel.

You will however find no Basil or Manuel here at Village Warrington, but rather a dedicated team who want to do the best for our guests.

We will continue to work hard to get it consistently right and deliver great experiences for our guests.

v. Best regards