“Couldn't ask for more”

Village Hotel Warrington
Ranked #8 of 22 Hotels in Warrington
Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed here after my mother in law purchased a deal on the KGB.
The hotel is in a great location about a 10 to 15 minute walk from Warrington town center and not far from Stockton Heath.
We were made to feel at home from the minute we checked in by the girls on reception. Rooms are exceptionally clean as is the hotel. Hairdryers are provided along with a kettle and tea and coffee. TV has basic channels but they're enough. Beds are so comfy and extra pillows are provided. Covers are spot on for warmth and there's an extra sheet if you need it. Bathroom was clean and the shower was gorgeous. No toiletries but hand soap and shower gel is provided in dispensers. Towels changed daily.
We took full advantage of the pool, sauna, steam room (excellent for relaxing) and jacuzzi. Changing rooms are huge, lockers provided for a pound. Towels free if charge. Hairdryers everywhere. Didn't use the gym but had a nosey and there were running machine a etc etc.
Booked onto the take that tribute and the 3 course meal. Pea soup to start, chicken breast with pilau rice and a sweet potato wedge in a curry sauce with cheesecake to follow. All delicious but we didn't know what we were getting until it was served.
Breakfast the next day was lovely, full English available, fruit, croissants, pastries, tea, coffee, cereal, juices. You just help yourself to anything you fancy.
We had a meal on the second night which is included in your package
We chose garlic flat bread with mozarella which was huge and came served on a wooden plate with pizza cutter, main course was half a roast chicken, green beans and shallots. Chips were extra. Pudding was chocolate fondant with pistachio ice cream. All the food was beautiful.
The next day we had a 15 minute wait for breakfast only because there was a hen party and a wedding party there. You are provided with tea or coffee and pastries and I have to say that even though the staff had people stood moaning about the wait they all handled themselves very professionally, cleared tables, cleaned and replenished them very quickly and still managed to look happy. They all worked very hard.
I had a really nice stay here and would highly recommend it for a nice, relaxing weekend away.

• Stayed: May 2014
DonnTimmons, General Manager at Village Hotel Warrington, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2014

Dear Paula H

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Welcoming arrival from Carol at the front desk. Explained the facilities and gave us or keys. Went up to our room which was good. Only one towel in the room, went to reception for a second towel where I was sent to look in the wardrobe for another towel...not one there. I used the towel while my boyfriend used a hand towel to save the hassle. Hand soap dispenser didn't work. Reception did call us a taxi for the evening which was good. Following morning we went for breakfast, and were taken to a table. Not told if we should help ourselves or offered tea or coffee. When I eventually asked for coffee it seemed like this was too much effort for her. This was brought over with out without milk or a spoon. We used the pool facilities before we left which was great. Wouldn't choose to stay here again though.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lexlo29

Dear lexlo29

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed you enjoyed the majority of your stay with us however disappointed that there were a few elements that were not to your satisfaction. The team and I work hard to ensure that we deliver great experiences all of the time and we will use your valuable feedback when making changes in the future.

We very much hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very friendly welcome and check in. Nice room, TV didn't work but the remote was swapped quickly and then it did. Comfortable bed, great shower and nice towels! Breakfast was good but if you order poached eggs that is all you get, do your own toast while you wait!! All in all a nice comfortable hotel, bit on he pricey side in my opinion.

Room Tip: Upper deck rooms are better, Starbucks hot chocolate!! Only if you get an offer though!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear Retford_Chris

Reviewed 30 April 2014

After I arrived back from holiday my son had arranged a surprise birthday party at this venue
. The food and choice was excellent. In fact about 85% of people said they were amazed at the spread, quality and price of the food. They all said they would visit again. This is quite a turn round as we used to go there for Sunday lunch until about a year ago. When the quality of the food dropped dramaticly. I must say the improvement is great.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear maltman

Many thanks for your feedback.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your visit and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

I stayed here for one night, for work purposes.
Although I was met by very friendly staff at the reception- I couldn't help but think I was shoved at the back of the hotel in a cold, dark room, because my company were paying for it and I wasn't!
I could have put up with the cold room, but when I went to the bathroom I was not happy with what faced me...I had basically been given a disabled persons toilet facility with a stand-up shower basically hovering over the toilet!...a fleeting thought would be I could just put up with it, but then I considered how long I take to have a shower and had a terrorising thought that I would end up flooding the place...(best not to risk it!) when I saw there was actually no shower curtain hanging on the rail- that did it I called and asked to be located to another room...I was moved quite quickly but the staff did not sound surprised or very apologetic...I suppose some poor uncomplaining person has to be allocated the rubbish room! (Not me though thank you very much!)
Food in the main restaurant took forever to be served. I was with my colleagues so it wasn't too bad, but we were all pretty hungry and the food unfortunately sounded more tempting than it turned out to taste and look...
I guess the hotel is good for a work stay but for a 4 star hotel restaurant was not fantastic...
If I stay here again I will be eating the bar food at the pub instead as I hear this is better quality...

Room Tip: Check they don't give you a disabled toilet/shower facilty! I never asked for it and got one!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Dear Sagittarian-Girl21

Many thanks for your feedback.

We very much hope we can welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

2 nights stay with dinner on voucher.
Good value for the money. Not Slayley Hall but a very pleasant stay.
Good soup and puddings. Not so keen on the steak.
Breakfast was very good. Waiting area if they are fulkl but you only wait for 5 mins - They provide
coffee etc while you wait. Staff are very nice

Room Tip: if you want a view of the roof and air con units go for 103....
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank susan a

Dear susan_a

Reviewed 21 April 2014

On arrival we were greater by a lovely looking hotel and a great welcome by reception staff.
The rooms were spacious and very comfortable and well equipped for the overnight stay.
Although we had tea/coffee facilities in the room what I liked was the Starbucks coffee shop on the ground floor with instant access to coffee throughout the day/evening.
Breakfast was lovely and set us up for the day and the staff were great, I particularly like the comfortable seating area with tea/coffee at hand whilst you were waiting to be seated.
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple