“Excellent food lovely service”
Review of Spirit Restaurant

Spirit Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 489 Restaurants in Warrington
Price range: US$20 - US$66
Cuisines: British
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Our food speaks for itself as we pride ourselves on the quality, taste and presentation of the food we serve, as mouth watering dishes, scrupulous attention to detail and personal service all fuse to bring about the perfect experience.
Reviewed 31 July 2017

Went for birthday celebrations, food was excellent, service, was very good, will return again, thank you

1  Thank sandra m

Reviewed 23 July 2017

We had often walked past this imposing restaurant and decided to give it a try. My wife, son and his girlfriend and I arrived at 7.30 am and were ushered into the bar area. Drinks were served quickly although the order for the meal took some time. It was a Saturday night so some allowance could be made for this delay. I ordered the cauliflower soup with curry olive oil and an onion bhaji on the side. I asked for it to be bubbling, piping hot: it was and was really delicious, the bhaji went well with the soup too. My wife and the girlfriend enjoyed their goats cheese and son his liver parfait. All excellent starters. For the mains, three of us had the aged-beef fillets and my wife the lamb. All were outstanding, my beef literally melted in the mouth: first class. The menu is not exhaustive but interesting. The service during the meal was excellent, especially our waiter, Prague. Entertainment was provided by a saxophonist called Bev. I do not usually like music with my meal and am not a fan of jazz but her playing was first class, subdued so as not to be intrusive and was an unexpected and welcome bonus. All in all, an easy five stars and one of the best meals I have eaten recently. my family agreed.

2  Thank Stephen T
Reviewed 20 July 2017

Quality food , parkland views, good dining area, reasonable prices,
This was my birthday treat with my friends, the meal was excellent the customer service very good. There was a live saxophone player which was just relaxing background music , very well played by a very talented lady.
My only minor point for further improvement was there was no condiments on the table and none offered by the table servers.

2  Thank D K
Reviewed 19 July 2017

A really good restaurant, great food in very pleasant surroundings. We went in the early evening and had the set menu which proved to be very good and at a very reasonable price. I can highly recommend the Spirit restaurant.

2  Thank chas43
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Table for 4 last Saturday. Had scallops and chowder for starters and Pork Belly and Cheek for main both of which were nicely presented and really tasty: however my other half thought the potatoes in the chowder that came with the scallops were under cooked for his liking. Restaurant is aiming for more of a fine dining experience but regrettably it fell short, mainly due poor attention to detail. No table cloths or mats, which made everywhere look very dark. 2 sets of knives and forks placed on the napkin and a small plate to the right. Plate in the centre of the table with 4 pieces of bread in situ when we were seated. No butter knives. We had a bottle of red wine and one of white, plus water (lovely presentation and came with ice). Had to ask for red wine glasses, but were brought the same industrial, large thick rimmed wine glasses we'd had the white in. Some inexpensive fine rimmed IKEA glassware should do the trick. Yes, I know I'm being petty, but a nice place setting, with finer glasses red and white option etc is a must. Service was good and the staff attentive. Just be careful if they call you a cab. The taxi firm that picked us up charged £25 to Kingswood, then another £25 to drop us off in Cronton. When challenging the price we were told the taxi was for 6 people. We got the fare down to £40. We normally pay around £15 from Kingswood to Cronton before midnight.

1  Thank amandajreader