“I awoke to find myself in 1972”
Review of Patten Arms Hotel

Patten Arms Hotel
Ranked #20 of 22 Hotels in Warrington
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel is an old creaky floored building stuck in the 1970s. Our room had an awful avocado bathroom with no shower and no hot water. The one window was single glazed and when closed we could still hear the road and the tannoy announcements of the train station opposite.

Breakfast was OK, if a little small. The coffee was watery.

The bed were and comfy and the room was clean.

The hotel could benefit from investment, but was suitable for our purposes - i.e. somewhere to stay after a night out.

Room Tip: Don't get a room facing the main street - the station opposite has a constant stream of traffic...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Andy S

Reviewed 15 September 2013

Stayed at this hotel for 1night on Friday 13th September. Straight away we were made to feel very welcome by the friendly and helpful staff. The building is very old so the floorboards do creek but that just adds character to the hotel. The room itself was very good with good sized twin beds which were very comfy. A flat screen tv on the wall,tea and coffee making facilities and very good quality towels were provided. I would recommend this hotel and I would certainly stay here again.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Brian W
Reviewed 15 September 2013

I went to this hotel on friday 13th september for one night as i was going to see a band in the parr hall which is only 5 mins walk away from the hotel so it was ideal for me. Nice room with shower, bath,tv, 2 queen size beds and tea and coffee facilities. the hotel itself is a pub with a nice friendly bar and very polite staff, you also get breakfast in with the room price which was very nice, free wifi and there is parking on the grounds, all in all we had a nice stay at this hotel and would recommend it and if i was going back to warrington i would stay here again, also the train station is opposite the hotel so you dont even have to drive.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2013

Having worked away for the last week, we stayed at the Patten arms where we we're looked after, very homely feel to the place, the staff were lovely, guys behind the bar we're a laugh, great location, clean rooms which we're thoroughly cleaned by the time you're back from work, quality. The rooms we're perfect, quiet, great location in terms of travel, opposite the hotel there is a train station, 5 mins walk from the town centre. The decor had character which most places lack these days. The bar was perfect, the food was great, we really enjoyed our stay, the 2nd time this year, definitely recommend if you are looking for value for your money. What more would you want!

James

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This is the WORST hotel I have ever had misfortune of staying at. CUSTOMER SERVICE is NEXT TO NONE!!! Rooms are filthy and when i checked in, I had some kind of alien creature in the bathroom which had obviously made its home in the sticky carpet of the so called bedroom. When i complained to manager, the IGNORAMUS just looked at me.
WOULD NEVER stay here - EVER
I would rather sleep in Warrington Rail Station's gents toilet - sleeping in the urinal would be more appealing.
I can't even begin to comment on the smell. DONT Waste your money.

Room Tip: Disgusting with disgusting people working in it.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
5  Thank Lyn A
Reviewed 11 August 2013

My stay was meant to be treat by an old friend as we hadn't seen each other in a long time. We were expecting , ok, an old and even maybe basic hotel but were not expecting to find it so dated and in need of repair. I have read previous comments by the Manager, stating that it is in keeping with its age, etc, but I have to disagree. Our room was very small, to say the least and we could have put up with the dated advocado bathroom suite, but we had to leave the sink taps turned on full for 5 minutes, before water came through. To my dismay during the night when cold water was required, it ran out hot!
The windows, although original, are in bad need of repair with rotted wood and peeling paint and there was a huge questionable crack in the corner of the ceiling, directly above my bed.
The soap, when opened, just crumbled, probably due to age.
The plus sides were that the pillows were very comfy and the towels soft but as for everything else, a desperate facelift is needed.
This hotel has the potential to be beautiful as it has so many original features but for the price being asked, I think money really needs to be spent on it. Friendly staff doesn't compensate for grotty surroundings. I had the very same wallpaper as in our room, in my own home around 25 years ago.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank DRH49
Reviewed 18 June 2013

This was my fifth stay at the hotel, for two nights on each occasion.On my last stay it was for a re-union of old friends and neighbours with a Coronation Street Party theme.The private function room was ideal for us with a lovely buffet being served.The staff are always polite and pleasant and it is such good value. The hotel is being refurbished with many noticeable improvements on each of my visits.It is clean and comfortable with very good food.It is across from Warrington Bank Quay railway station and is a place I can recommend to the traveller who wants good food, bar meals and a stop-over.I will be booking again for December 2013.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends