“Excellent food, fab attentive staff and speedy service!”

The Rams Head Inn Restaurant
Ranked #64 of 436 Restaurants in Warrington
Price range: US$6 - US$29
Cuisines: British
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Ram's Head Inn is a stylish yet traditional gastropub in the heart of the beautiful Cheshire village of Grappenhall. We are locally renowned for our delicious food,our wide range of beers, wines and spirits and our warm welcome!
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We hadn't been here before but would definitely recommend and will certainly go back. The staff were superb really attentive and nothing was too much trouble for them. The food was first rate, we had various courses including the 'pie of the day' and the vegetable Thai green curry, their hand cut chips are some of the best we've had before. Desserts were of the same high standard and keeping the guys happy was the range of beers from IPAs, cask ales to the norm of peroni or Guinness. I expect we shall visit again in the next few weeks.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

I had read in a magazine the Rams Head was under new management and the article read well with some tantalising photos of food, so we decided to give it a go last night.

I have visited the Rams Head many times over the years when various throughout many management changes and have so say I've never had an awful experience. Average yes, but the atmosphere made up for what the food didn't. Therefore to walk into the Rams Head around 6.30pm on a Thursday evening with only one table taken and a handful of men at the bar, with few staff around wasn't a good start. We ordered drinks at the bar. Only one beer on offer to him and the wine I chose off the list they didn't have as the list was old - thought this was a new Rams Head? I opted for another white wine, both drinks were warm and when we looked the drudge was barely stocked. We then asked for some menus and at down. Sadly nothing jumped out at all to make us want to stay, but I do think that was combined with it being empty, no atmosphere, poor service and what looked like an average gastro pub menu. I really thought there may have been a buzz about the place like the Little Manor and Jolly Thresher in Lymm, especially when they first opened and it still have this with great food and atmosphere. But sadly no. If the new management read this, get it together cos if the Rams Head in reality could be like the article made it sound, you will be onto a winner!!

1  Thank Ladysera
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I am posting this review having read so many other recent poor reports which I find hard to believe since I have had only meals of a very high standard both in quality and presentation. The staff have always been friendly,attentive and efficient. I should add that living locally I have eaten at the Rams Head frequently over the last 12 months,and plan to continue doing so.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

Bar person was more interested in attending to a local lad who she spotted as she took my order and money but forgot to serve me my drinks! I waited a while as I thought another person had been told to serve me my drinks, but time said no, so I walked over to her and asked her to please attend to my needs, What was she thinking! Serving drinks? No her mind was else where.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

The food we ordered was of poor quality, The curry was more of a stew than a curry and the steak was over cooked and very fatty. When i tried to complain the shift manager seem to dissapear and when he eventually come to our table his attitude was shocking, We still payed the full amount of the bill even though two meals out of five never got eaten. Customer service was very very very bad i will never eat there ever ever again