Daresbury Park Hotel & Spa
US$69
US$62
  • Restaurant
US$66
Hallmark Hotel Warrington(Warrington)(Great Value!)
US$59
Hotels.com
US$82
PremierInn.com
Warrington Lowton(Warrington)(Great Value!)
Travelodge Warrington Gemini(Warrington)(Great Value!)
Travelocity
3,029 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 April 2014

I stayed here on a overnight stay as part of a coach tour with national holidays.

The check in process was very fast and the room we were allocated was on the ground floor this was choosen as the person with me had limited mobility.

The room itself was clean and tidy and very spacious. The bathroom was also a good size, only downside it had a bath and for someone with limited mobility a shower would of been much more suitable.

The only down side is the resturant is on the second level and there was a huge distance to walk between our allocated bedroom and the lifts.

The evening meal was a self service affair. There was soup, salad and various meats and pates.
The main course was a carvary style meal which was again self service.

Breakfast in the morning was self service with a choice of continetal, fruit, yogarts or a full english.

Overall I would happily stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank fiona B
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I was booked to stay overnight here as I was on a two-day work conference. Having stayed at Formby Hall Golf & Spa hotel last year which was excellent, I had high hopes for this hotel. The contrast couldn't have been more extreme.

They say first impressions last and it was certainly the case here. The hotel looks dated as you approach and this is only compounded once you step inside. The overflowing cigarette butts in every available outside ashtray gave the impression things hadn't been cleared in days and inside the hotel had a strong smell of damp and mould which permeated everywhere.

Even the conference facilities were below par. No fresh coffee available, simply a temperamental machine and ripped wall paper and damp stains everywhere in the conference room.

Despite having a scheduled lunch booked, the food wasn't ready on time and when it was served, the standard was well below par, so much so that the decision was made not to stay for dinner.

As for the bedrooms, how this hotel can legitimately pass these off as acceptable accommodation defies belief. Apparently, some of the rooms on the higher floors have been renovated and are of a better standard, but the one in which I found myself could not have been much worse. Putting aside the fact it doesn't look like it has been upgraded since the 1970s, the shower pipe was filthy and covered in mildew, there were cobwebs everywhere and rips in the wallpaper. But all this was compounded further by the state of the bedsheets which were dirty and stained. The amount of bottles and room service trays still in the corridors even though it was late afternoon was a further example that no care is being taken to make the hotel appear presentable or efficient.

There was no way I would have been prepared to spend the night in that room. A colleague of mine had a similar issue with her room and so we both went to reception to explain that we would not be staying the night and to hand in our room keys to check out. There was no-one actually at the desk but clearly there were several employees in a small room at the back. My colleague had to go behind the desk and knock on the door to get someone's attention. When we explained the situation, they took our rooms keys without even enquiring as to why we were unhappy with our rooms.

We returned the next morning and braved the breakfast which was marginally better than the previous day's lunch but not by much. On leaving, we again spoke to reception who informed us that management were aware that several of our party had been unhappy with their stay and that it was being looked into. I'm not holding my breath that very much will be done.

This hotel is in need of a complete overhaul- of furniture, catering, staffing and facilities. I can't imagine why anyone would want to stay here otherwise.

Room Tip: Apparently some rooms have been renovated and are not as bad as the others. I'd insist on one of those if you have to stay here but you'd be better advised to just book somewhere else!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank bluegwladys
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Had a nightmare checking in coz of wowcher and didn't get any better . Rooms very dated and smells of damp and like other reviews mould all over. I paid extra to bring the dog and we asked where he can and can not go. We was told hes ok in the bar but not the restaurant. We went to have a drink and after we had been there an hour we get told we can not bring the dog in the bar because of food hygiene and are told we can go in an adjacent room out the way. On my booking details it said free wine offer and i also paid extra for a vip pack with a bottle of wine. So how many bottles of wine did we receive ONE the one i paid for. I haven't had dinner yet but i dont have high expectations. Unless you really have no choice go elsewhere its not 4 star in any way

• Stayed: April 2014
1  Thank David T
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Arrived at the hotel on sat at 1pm. We were told by an abrupt lady on reception that the systems were down and wouldn't be able to check in just yet. She recommended that we go to use the gym and pool area. The floor was grimy in the changing room, so much so, my friend slipped as it was that dirty! There were no staff in any of the leisure areas.
After an hour or so, we went back to check in once more, the queue was so long people were waiting outside! We were told to have a drink in the bar whilst the queue went down.
We wanted to order food from the bar menu, we ordered roast beef ciabatta, only to be told there were no ciabattas left and we'd have to have white slice bread which would cost the same. My friend ordered jacket potato with chilli, but was told there wasn't any because they had no mince!!!!!! 1 hour later, no food had arrived so we went to see how long it would be..... Another 20 mins. We decided to go out and buy our own food-which was cheaper!!!! Although not convenient!
We sat in the garden area eating our food, the tables were filthy. Empty glasses and ashtrays with cigarette dimps and brown water... Disgusting!
We eventually checked in and got to our room, they need updating but were clean.
Evening meal wasn't great. Burnt soup and a carvery with over cooked meat.
We were woken at 7 am the next day by the fire alarm, went back to bed, then it went off again!
Breakfast, I'm happy to say, was good!
We seriously thought Manuel from Fawlty Towers was going to turn up
Would I stay here again? That's a resounding 'NO'.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 April 2014

First of all on arrival the Reception staff didn't even greet us and a smile was clearly too much to expect at this Hotel! It took us over half an hour to check in because we couldn't show them a code???? We finally sorted it and asked where in the Hotel we were permitted to take our well behaved dog, after all they pride themselves on being a "dog friendly Hotel". Absolute rubbish!! We were told the dog could go in the bars but obviously not in Restaurant which we expected anyway. After purchasing a bottle of wineand sitting WITH our dog quietly in the bar for an hour we were asked to leave!!! We were then told we could go and sit in the Cafe??? With the dog?! I think not!! That upset us because we thought we were going to enjoy a night away with our beloved pet. Instead he spent the eve in our room!! We had cobwebs in our room and stains everywhere. We had one towel in our room which was practically thread bare and when we asked Reception for another towel, they told us housekeeping would bring it to our room. An hour has passed and we are still waiting! We have just eaten or tried to eat in the Restaurant - where do I start?! The soup was like pigswill. The bread rolls were stale. The main course was a choice of carvery or... carvery! The meat was so tough we couldn't actually chew it and the veg had been boiled to death!! We couldn't face the dessert trolley as Black Forest Gateaux belongs in the 80s!! I honestly don't think anything was homemade. We have stayed in a lot of 4* Hotels and there is no way this Hotel is 4*. Please don't believe the ok reviews on this Hotel, read the bad because they are the truthful ones. I wouldn't pay for me enemies to stay here!!!

• Stayed: April 2014