3,160 results
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 31 January 2016

We had a one night stay at this hotel as my other half was going for a job interview in the science park. The room itself as just fine, we put the twin beds together and the room looked fine. It's a little old fashioned but nothing disgusting or unclean that I saw,

We didn't add food onto the booking which we should have in hindsight as it ended up costing us more but hey, that was our own issue.

If you are staying for a couple of days there is a really lovely walk that you can do down the Bridgewater Canal - head right out of the hotel and there is a turning to the left a little ways down the road, go past the cow field (hill) under a tunnel and you will come to a set of stairs that take you up to the canalside.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 January 2016

Hi, my partner and I have just returned from a 1 night stay with groupon with meal and breakfast included,
We arrived on Friday 29th January 2016 and at reception we were given our room card/key for room number 1029. As we entered the room we were both very disappointed. A small TV snappy curtains an old wardrobe that looked like it had been left behind at a car boot sale then there is a small bathroom that had all loose tap fittings an old looking bath with a shower curtain and an old toilet and sink that was quite noisy at times. We both agreed that we didn't want to stay in this room so went to reception and they kindly changed rooms for room 2014 which was slightly better but not great very basic. The pool area is a bit run down and you have to hire your towels at 1 pound each . The bar area is cosy with plenty of steed tables and small sofas and the restaurant is clean and food was ok
Overall we would not come back to this hotel main reason the problem with the rooms very poor for this hotel . These rooms are defiantly belong in a 2 star hotel

1  Thank gavin w
Reviewed 29 January 2016

I stayed at the hotel many times during the early 2000's, when it was one of the flagship hotels of the De Vere Group. I stayed for 2 nights on 25 & 26 January as I was working with a client and the meetings demanded a very early start.

The hotel is now owned by the Britannia Group, who really need to invest in it.

What greeted me in the lobby were broken floor tiles, a receptionist, on her own, who seemed incapable of smiling, and was clearly inconvenienced by the queue of customers wishing to check in.

The package I secured via Hotels.com was room and breakfast and free WiFi.

When I got to the room, I found the WiFi was far from free. Back to reception, where it was made clear to me that WiFi was only free in the lobby and bar. I showed my booking and was told it wasn't their fault. They keep telling these websites that it is not free. So it was my fault? I refused to accept this and eventually was reluctantly given an access code for 10 hours (not the full 2 days). How grateful should I be?

The room itself was tired, water flowed from the bath taps continuously, the bath towel was the size of one of my handtowels, and was thin. The shower gel dispenser was cleverly positioned right under the shower jet. I could go on, but you get the picture.

In summary. Very poor. Disappointing that the hotel has been allowed to deteriorate so much.

Congratulations, Daresbury Park Hotel. I will never stay with you again, and I will do everything to avoid the Britannia Group in future.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank John F
Reviewed 29 January 2016

We stayed as this hotel as part of a National Holidays Coach Trip and we were pleasently surprised by the standard of our stay.

We stayed in room 0237 overlooking a small garden and the glass walkway to the hotel. The window was big, the deco was a bit dated but had been refurbished clearly. The television had a great range of stations. The tap in the bathroom dripped constantly but nothing to write home about.

The food was grand & plentiful. Absolutely everything to choose from at breakfast and dinner. The staff were very friendly and attentive. Food was the best bit of our stay.

There is a small but clean swimming pool, jacuzzi and steam room that we took advantage of - not complaints there neither.

The hotel was clean.
The staff were professional, friendly and attentive.
Value for money was excellent.
Food was fantasic.
Bar had offers on each night.
The spa facilities were clean and adequate.

All in all extremely good value and highly recommended!

Reviewed 25 January 2016

The Hotel is really nice & looks lovely as you walk in. We were given room 0212. Nice position, bit noisy with the road in front. We were a bit disappointed as it was all bare lino floors, not even a bedside rug. No curtains, just blinds that didn't close. The TV only worked on 3 stations , but went off if you walked past it. The wall lights didn't work, nor did the ceiling light. We just had bedside lamps & bathroom light to see with. The room telephone didn't work either. I had to ring reception on my mobile & they assured me that all the faults would be fixed the next day. What could we say! The food was good & plentiful, no complaints there!
We went out straight after breakfast and didn't return until after 5pm. Not one thing had been fixed in the room. In fact, we had a real struggle to make the door open & then we couldn't get any lights on at all. I was so angry, I went to see reception. They denied ever having any complaints from our room. (I was so cross as i didn't get the girl's name when I 1st complained). We were offered another room, which although was smaller, it was 100% nicer. The manager said he would send another bedside lamps up, as there was only one. We packed up & moved rooms. ( No quick thing as we're both pensioners ) We waited & waited , no lamp appeared. It was only then that we realised that there was no phone in the room. I refused to go down or ring them again on my mobile. When we checked out , I mentioned the lamp not turning up, but the girl just smiled!
We were so disappointed as it was supposed to be a treat for us. We would go again but be more assertive.

Room Tip: Don't have a room facing the road!
4  Thank Anne A