“Worth a visit” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Gulliver's World - Warrington

Gulliver's World - Warrington
Ranked #4 of 42 things to do in Warrington
More attraction details
Owner description: Gulliver's has over 35 years of experience in providing families with great value fun. Designed for children aged 2-13 years, all of our themed areas comprise thrill rides, fun rides, family rides, indoor rides, attractions, shows and play areas providing non-stop entertainment for children of all ages at all times. Our multiple award winning theme parks are open at all key holiday times, almost all weekends and many term-time dates throughout the year. We host hundreds of Children's birthday parties every year and hold loads of annual special events that include Easter, Halloween and Christmas!
Useful Information: Activities for young children
Durham, United Kingdom
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“Worth a visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014

Our school took a group of school children to this venue. They were aged 11-12 and all of them loved it! The venue is not huge, so if you have children at the 11-13 age range they could safely walk around the park in pairs or small groups.

For adults, the cafés are quite good value for money and in the American diner the portion sizes were excellent and the staff friendly and welcoming. The wooden roller coaster is the best ride and you should give it a whirl.

There was entertainment on the stage, despite the rain and this was aimed at the younger children, who I imagine would really enjoy the dancing and singing.

In the unlikely event that you plan a trip there for a rainy day...don't! There are no activities to do if it rains. I would certainly go back with my nieces ages 8 and 9.

• Polish first
Blackpool
53 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 117 helpful votes
“What a difference, gone downhill....”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Having been before we really enjoyed it the first two times round but this time things seem to be changing for the worse. Firstly, the cost now is getting less value for money as at entry prices of £17 per person (no discount for children) it’s now getting to be expensive for what it is.
We noticed a few ride closures also, our personal favourite was the one where the kids drag a donut up a carpeted hill and slide down and it was closed. Last time this ride was quiet but I think this is due to lack of signage. A couple of the dinosaur rides have been closed also, yes they were pretty feeble as an adult but the kids enjoyed them. There are only a couple of larger rides but for kids up to the age of say 8-9 these rides are ideal. Our 7 year old is wanting a bit more now but we have been a few times and she has always enjoyed it previously. There are some great play areas around the park which if you’re lucky enough to get a reasonable day the kids can spend hours just playing on these. I do like the way that you can take a packed lunch into here which is a bonus if you’re on a budget or have a large family. We did eat a cheese & ham toasty in the dinosaur area which was only about £2.50 and was ok, but the hot chocolate that we had was tasteless and didn’t taste very chocolaty. I suspect that they may be cutting corners here as it really was watery and disappointing. They had what looked to be like a buffet in the cowboy area which was £8 for “eat as much as you want”. It seemed to have a barrier on though and I am not sure if you could go back as many times as you want or if it was just a fill your plate venue (anybody help there?). There are plenty of toilets and although they look tired most of the rides are ok. They also have a strange policy on some rides of not filling up the empty seats which I think would help cues along (particularly on the planes in the kids area – they can hold 4 but we were told that it was policy not to sit 2 in the front and 2 in the back as you are “strangers”. We had a hot dog also from a hot dog stand in the dinosaurs area, this was completely tasteless and don’t bother wasting your money - seriously! For the same price there was a small cafe place I think it was in Gully Town (it had a little town themed play area with toilets inside), find it and have a toasty (but not the hot chocolate!). Worth mentioning that if it’s rainy most of the rides are under cover so it won’t spoil your day. All in all it’s looking more tired and more rides have been closed (rip them out and get some new ones in!). We are in no rush to go back again.

2 Thank Bluebeard69
51 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“Family fun”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Wonderful day out for the kids we visit every year and have a fantastic time we will be returning soon

3 Thank daysoutmm
Llandwrog, United Kingdom
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Splash Zone Saftey Questionable and Car Park squeeze”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

Holidaying in the area, we had promised our girls they could go swimming on Thursday while my wife was heading for Ikea, however, we didn't manage to find a swimming pool offering public swimming and we were directed by a very helpful leisure centre receptionist to Splash Zone in Gullivers World.
First off, they must have measured the car park spaces to fit the very smallest of cars. We only have a normal estate car, but I would not have been suprised to come back to the car to find damaged paintwork, but luckily, as we only went to Splash zone for an hour and a half or so, the cars either side had not moved. It was quite a struggle to get our girls out of the car without touching the cars on either side.
Once inside, the changing cubicles were really small, and the girls and I struggled to change comfortably. They weren't very clean either!
The Splash Zone itself looked like a lot of fun, but from closer inspection, it looked tired. It has definately seen better days. We also quickly found out that it wasn't partcularly suitable for our 2 yr old!
The slides, being wet, were very quick, and although I was waiting at the bottom of the slides for her, she couldn't keep herself upright, and hit the back of her head against the bottom of the slides nearly every time.
I would suggest that there should be an age limit of 4/5 yrs, because although there were two small slides and a small paddling pool there for the smallest children, it's impossible to stop one sibling from following the other, and our visit ended in tears after one too many bumps on the back of her head.
I wasn't told when paying that our two-year-old was to young, and I've since found no reference to age in the T&Cs on their website, however, this was definately the case.
To make matters worse, the showers were out of order by the time we decided to call it a day and we had to stand around with an inconsolable, daughter from the bumps to her head for 15m waiting for someone to come to fix the shower.
Being, hopefully, a responsible parent, for saftey's sake, I wouldn't visit again for 2/3 years, until our youngest was 4/5 yrs old, and even then, with the place looking so tired, I'm not sure I would bother going again!

3 Thank Ifan P
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“A fine day out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 April 2014 via mobile

We went today for our daughters 12th birthday

The rides are ok, some looking tired and in need of an upgrade
For the ones my children went on they enjoyed themselves

Even though it was school holidays, it was disappointing that some rides were closed even though the park was fairly busy

Of course the park makes it's money on ice cream, drinks etc, do take extra cash as you'll need it

Overall, will be returning sometime soon

1 Thank Wayned01