“Little to fault”

The Gullivers Hotel
Ranked #11 of 22 Hotels in Warrington
Reviewed 14 November 2013

The location is very handy for the M6 & M62, easy to find, with many major stores being close by in the local retail parks. Arrival at the hotel is pleasant driving down a tree lined driveway & being situated very close to the theme park itself. The Hotel is quite new, well designed & furnished. Reception staff were pleasant & informative. Nicely detailed corridors & communal areas leading to the bedrooms, our family room was spacious, well planned & finished, with quality fittings & very comfortable beds ( even the kids beds were good ) Again the bathroom was well fitted & all spotlessly clean. We didn't have evening meals, but found the breakfast fine, buffet style with toast & a few cereals, fruit juices a great coffee machine :-) A warm selection was also available, scrambled egg, sausage bacon & beans.
At that price....£45 / night you really could not ask for more, far better ( in our opinion ) than a premier inn. Well done Gullivers

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank blownthecase

Reviewed 10 November 2013

I have stayed twice now and really enjoyed both times. Have stayed in the standard room with gullys den and second time the princess themed room which is beautiful. The rooms are the best family rooms I have stayed at in the UK and I wish other hotels would take note.
The hotel is spotless and staff friendly and professional.
I ordered Chinese to the hotel so can't comment on evening food. The breakfast is more than adequate as its only advertised as a light breakfast but there was eggs beans sausages and bacon then the usual toast cereal yogurt etc. There is a coffee machine to help yourself to a latte or cappuccino.lovely outside play area and play room inside. Only thing there was not any paper for drawing and most of the toys had disappeared on second visit which was a shame,. This is a great hotel especially for small children ,my daughter has been so excited on both stays with the beautiful rooms.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank jennylee2201
Reviewed 15 October 2013

I booked this hotel for an overnight stop in the north west and was very impressed with its quality and the friendliness of the staff.
I booked an executive suite which was huge, well equipped and had a great view. The decor was top notch apart from the fiddly bath/shower mixer and the sticky TV remote control.
The only thing stopping me giving the hotel a 5 star rating was the size of the bar.... way too small.
The staff were very friendly and I had a good chat with the two ladies on reception in the evening.

Room Tip: Book the executive suite (room 219 is huge)
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Steve_in_Weymouth
Reviewed 11 October 2013

I stayed here for 1 night on a business trip and, like many, was skeptical as I approached the hotel owing to its location in a theme park.

However, very pleased to report that not only were the staff friendly, but the hotel itself is lovely, the rooms well appointed and stylish (DVD player in the room was a bonus) and there was a TREE HOUSE BUNK BED in the corner of my room.

I didn't sleep in the tree house as I am a sophisticated business type, however I did try it out after a few drinks and I imagine it would've been a dream come true if I had been 20-25 years younger... It was fairly amazing even now.

I am also pleased to report the shower was good.

Why haven't I rated this hotel higher than a 3 i hear you cry? Catering isn't particularly wonderful, and being a slightly isolated property there is a real opportunity for them to improve that and drive a bit of business. Instead you have to taxi away from the hotel to find an eatery of any standard. The bar also shuts quite early for a remote hotel.

I also feel that many business types may not enjoy the tree house as much as I...

Room Tip: If you've got kids ask for a tree house... if you're a serious person ask for not a tree hou...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank James K
GulliversRep, Public Relations Manager at The Gullivers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Thank's for your review! Our Tree house beds are very popular and we find that most adults visiting want to try them out, I have passed your comments to the team at the hotel. Thank you again for taking the time to review The Gulliver's Hotel

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 2 nights whilst visiting the theme park. The hotel looks wonderful from the outside - log cabin-like themed. Lovely and modern with a small separate car park to the main theme park one. Even though the M62 is only 5-10mins away, it feels as if you are staying in the middle of a forest! Inside the hotel was just as good. We were welcomed by lovely, friendly staff. They explained the basics of the hotel etc and we were directed to our room. The room was fresh and very clean. The décor is lovely and modern and the en-suite was that of a 'wet-room' style. There was tea and coffee in the room and also fruit squash and sweets. Lovely touch. The hotel has its own bar and restaurant which are equally as clean and modern. Reasonably priced food and drink. There is a kids play area to the rear of the property - and also a huge bonus is that there is a kids playroom which has a Playstation games console. Ideal. I would definitely recommend this hotel to any family. We had a fantastic stay both in the hotel and the theme park was equally as good. We will definitely go again!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank lynspm

Thank you for taking the time to Review The Gulliver's Hotel, we are pleased to hear that you had an enjoyable stay and look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

I stayed for one night before a meeting in Manchester and was extremely surprised at how good the hotel was. As this is a hotel attached to a family theme park, my expectations were fairly low, but I was wrong, the room was luxurious and the bathroom was spotless. The staff were friendly and helpful and I will definitely be staying here again,

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank John S

Good Afternoon John, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review, Your comments are appreciated and will be passed on to the team at the hotel, we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Me my wife and my 2 children stayed here for two nights and had a fantastic time we visited Gulliver's world on the Saturday and my two year old had a ball in his own words it was the best ever the hotel is clean spacious and the staff are so helpful we will be booking again soon the we recommend the park and splash world the only problem we had at the hotel was on the last night there was a domestic from one off the roomsnearbnearby the hotel can't help having idiots who drink all night and let there kids run wild

• Stayed: September 2013