“Gorgeous food and friendly service - 5 stars!”
Review of Sportsmans Arms

Sportsmans Arms
Ranked #61 of 435 Restaurants in Warrington
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Seafood, Gastropub
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: The Sportsmans Arms Penketh dates back to 1846 and was voted Community Pub Year 2011/12 for the whole Northern Region. A family community Pub that has added a beer garden to the rear and provides outside dining Joe and Adrienne your hosts have updated the attraction of the pub which is now full of signed sporting memorabilia and adds to the atmosphere and sporting debates within the pub. We are not a chain and only provide Traditional Pub Grub with an Al la Carte Twist. Come Join us for a Great British Pub Menu and A La Carte specials menu 'freshly cooked' to order by Head Chef Matt at affordable prices. REAL CHIPS. Trip advisor Certificate of Excellence Winner 2015 and 2016.
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

We visited on a recommendation and we were not disappointed! The pub/italian fare was delicious and not expensive considering its all made fresh. Our friendly waitress Laura was lovely and helpful and the chef James did a cracking job of every dish. I am told the head chef Jorge is fab but we were more than happy with what James prepared! Also the lovely garden out the back made for a lovely relaxing summers evening meal :-)

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We booked a table as we had been advised that this was necessary by hearsay. We were one of four tables occupied and were told only necessary fri and sats to book.
Steak was blue as asked for, veg were gorgeous; however there was not much menu choice overall and only two types of potato on offer, wedges or chips. The chips appeared to be fried wedges and were not pleasant. Overall not an experience I want to repeat unfortunately due to value for money.
Atmosphere poor but that was unfortunate due to rowdy customers who were having a loud disagreement just outside the door. Not their fault there was street entertainment!

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We dined here the night before we flew out to Greece for a holiday.What a start to our holiday."Jorge" ex chef of "Delgado's" cooked us a meal we will remember thats for sure, he's a genius.I can certainly recommend eating at the "Sportsmans you really cant go wrong

Reviewed 8 June 2014

My family and I visited here today for the first time as our local pub has gone down the pan somewhat food wise. We were really impressed with both the food and the service. The Sunday roast was absolutely gorgeous with really thick cuts of meat. My children (3 & 5) split the massive childrens roads between them. I will definitely be recommending the Sportsmans and revisiting with friends very soon.

Reviewed 22 May 2014 via mobile

Saw this place on trip adviser.
Place is relaxing and staff are friendly but the choice & quality of the food lets it down. Not impressed.
Had the special - beef cobbler which turned out to be beef,mushrooms & peas in a slightly alcoholy gravy with gratin potatoes on top - not too bad, but the separate portion of veg had pizza & cheese topping which spoiled it.
If I had wanted a pizza I would have ordered one and I can still taste pizza an hour later. Definitely not worth £ 13.80.