“NEVER AGAIN”

Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Dublin
“NEVER AGAIN”
Reviewed 3 May 2011

I would never stay here again, Impossible to sleep with the fire door beside my room(number 16)., I could hear guests coming and going all the time,the door could do with some oil on it,The room has no fridge,AC,,Telephone,or Shampoo,They say there is internet access, but you have to pay for it,Its free in the pub next door.But stay away from the pub,its food is all microwave stuff,The staff are so lazy and could not be bothered attitude,the blonde girl did not know that gin and tonic comes with ice and lemon.The way to the town from the premier inn is by a dark unlit lane, so scary.Never stay here. again.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank Irishpaddy1962

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2010

I enjoyed the usual reliable standard of comfort and service Premier Inn always offers. My only complaint is with the restaurant linked to the Premier Inn which was full of noisy children, who simply acted as a chorus above the piped background music, the sound from two large screen TVs showing different channels, and the hideous electronic grunts and whines from a range of gaming machines.
The staff were pretty thorough, polite, and friendly.
I was poured a glass of red wine from the bar dispenser which was very cloudy, the barman didn't spot it but replaced it without quibble when I pointed it out to him.
I ordered a steak - medium rare and it came rare, and as it was served on a cold plate, it was stone cold by the time I'd eaten half of it. The grilled tomatoes were served stone cold too.
By contrast, breakfast in the same place the following morning was absolutely spot-on.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Stamford_Trencherman
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2010

Out of the budget hotel chains, premier inn is fast becoming my preferred choice and this 1-night stay has only reinforced my opinion. Good value rooms, with tea and coffee making facilities, tv with freeview, iron / hair dryer etc, well appointed bathrooms. Perfect for occasions when, like this time, you just need a bed for the night.

My only winge would be that there is no a/c, although they had put a fan in the room which did keep us cool.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pi314
Hornchurch, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2009

We stayed her for my husband's birthday (went to see Jimmy Carr in Parr Hall) for one night.

The hotel has secure parking which has cameras and floodlit all night so we felt safe leaving the car here.

Check in was easy and smooth. Our room 21 was on the first floor. Nice double bed, bath/shower, small tv etc. The usual. I was surprised the tv was so old and only had channels 1-5 but we didn't go away to watch too much tv.

The water is VERY HOT. The signs do not lie so be very careful when running a bath or washing hands.

We went to dinner the the pub restaurant next door and it was lovely. Typical pub grub at good prices. The server's were also very nice and friendly.

When we went to sleep I was woken by very inconsiderate guests coming in drunk and noisey. Yes we're all out for some fun but if you have a 4 hour trip in the morning it's no good being woken up.

This wasn't the hotels fault and when I mentioned this to reception she said sorry and refunded our room stay. I thought this was very kind considering it's not something they can control.

We would have stayed at Premier Inn again as it's fine for overnight stays but this has showed to me they are committed to customer service.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Beckyboo1986
MANCHESTER
Reviewed 9 September 2008

We booked this Hotel due to its location as we were attending a wedding at Walton Hall, I have never stayed in a Premier inn before and was looking forward to using this brand. Id rang up the Inn two days before our stay to check if there was a possibilty of checking in around noon, I was informed by a very friendly receptionist called Carol that she would do her best for us but couldnt guarantee as check in was 2pm BUT she would put notes on our reservation and inform Housekeeping and as the Inn wasnt busy the night before it shouldnt be a problem.

When we arrived at the Inn at 12.15pm we were greeted by a very unwelcomeing and very un friendly receptionist (i think her name was Toni). We asked if we could check in and I explained I had telephoned earlier and spoke to Carol, she bluntly said No check in time is 2pm, Ok no problem I said , I asked if we could pre pay for the room and pick the key up around 6 as we were attending a wedding at 1pm. She wouldnt let us check in because we had no ID, In all the Hotels I have stayed and worked in I have never had to give ID, she offered us no soloution and was rude, i got the impression with her attitude she didnt want to be there, As a Manager myself in the hospitality
industry If I caught my staff speaking to guests the way she did , they would be up for disciplinary straight away. I had to cancel the room as my card would have been charged at 2pm (cancellation Policy), this left us without anywhere to stay and a long way from home. After the wedding at 6pm we deceided to try and get a room at the Hotel , hoping this Toni would have finished, We were greeted by Carol who I had spoken to in the week regarding the early checkin and wow what a difference she checked us in and after I explained all that had happened she was fantastic, a credit to the rest of the team!! We had a fantastic room , clean and practical ang great value for money, Its a shame it was spoilt by such a very angry and unhelpful receptionist, remember first impressions make a big statement.

• Liked — Cleanliness
  • Disliked — reception
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled as a couple
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2008

As far as this type of lodge/inn style accommodation is concerned, this one feels a little bit soul-less. There is one member of staff on reception and I only interacted with one other person (held the door for them) and the vending machine during my entire stay in the Inn. Thankfully though, there is a large pub next door called The Waterside (owned by the Greene King chain) which is where all the atmosphere is.

This pub is connected with the Inn and provides the services such as bar, meals, breakfast, etc. If that pub hadn't been there, I probably would have felt lost! I think both establishments are owned by the same parent company or have some kind of partnership deal in place.

My room was clean, comfortable and warm. It is a good place to stay overnight and had all the facilities you would expect from a modern lodge/inn style accommodation.

Warrington city centre is about 5-10 minutes walk from the accommodation so it is pretty central.

• Liked — Clean and comfortable, great pub next door for meals and entertainment.
  • Disliked — Lacked charachter.
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled on business
chester
Reviewed 27 January 2008

The location for this hotel is great just 2 min walk to the centre of warrington.
The hotel stands in a small buisness park next to the pub called the waterside .
The hotel's reception is small but very clean and tidy the receptionist was very helpful as they have been the times we stayed before .
check in quick, and smooth.
The rooms are fair sized and tidy the bathrooms are small but clean . the beds are really comfortable.
We have slept in the rooms at the front and back of the hotel and i found no difference in noise levels,(i am good sleeper) at the front is just a field, at the back is a railway sidings we were warned about but as i said it didnt disturb me so i dont think theres much difference.
You can get breakfast in the pub next door but i havent eaten there so cant comment but had a few drinks and price is average
its clean and they have themed nights there often. the resterant looks clean and plenty of staff bobbing around and loads eating in there ,so it must be ok

• Liked — close to centre
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2008, travelled as a couple