“Very enjoyable stay at Premier Inn”

Premier Inn Warrington Centre Hotel
Ranked #17 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Very enjoyable stay at Premier Inn”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I have booked into stay here again for the New Year because we enjoyed it very much. The staff were very friendly and helpful and made our stay very enjoyable. The rooms were large and airy and very comfortable and warm. The bathroom was very clean and fresh. The colours used in the rooms were appealing to the eye. The pillow were extremely comfortable as well.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Apart from the noise from the trains passing by, a very good stay. The room was spacious and clean. The bed was very comfortable and a choice of soft or firmer pillows. The bathroom was clean. The breakfast was excellent. A room on the other side of the building would probably be quieter.

UK
Reviewed 3 November 2013

My boyfriend and I was going to a party at the Apartment in Warrington so needed a stay over hotel. This was recommended to us by a friend in preference to the other Premier Inn that is in Warrington. Although difficult to find due to the maze of roundabouts we eventually found it and whoo hoo lots of parking spaces which is always a bonus.

Glasgow
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Having now followed in the footsteps of my Sister and become quite the Gig-goer, I'm finding I'm staying at Premier Inn Hotels on average of once or twice a month. We chose this particular Premier Inn because of it's location to Friar's Court Inn. However, it was not as close as I had thought, my own fault I believe. The location of the hotel is not really central to anything. It is quite a walk to town (we did not use a car during our stay) but the hotel reception were happy to call us a taxi and provided us with a card with the hotel address should we require this.
The hotel was a little old fashioned for a Premier Inn. The basic decor in and around the hotel and the bedrooms was as to be expected but it felt not as fresh as some we had stayed at recently. Also, we were given a physical key for the room! This was the first time I had ever received a key at a Premier Inn. The room was as standard, large and on the ground floor with a window which did open a little. There was no on-site restaurant and we used the Waterside which was situated next door for our breakfast for 2 days. There were no complaints about breakfast but we were used to a buffet and eating just whatever we liked as we liked rather than having to order everything we wanted to eat. The food was piping and there was the same choice you would normally get at a Premier Inn.
On a HUGE plus side, the Staff at this Premier Inn were absolutely wonderful and did go out of their way to be of assistance and it was always with a smile. The only flight we could get from Glasgow to Manchester that day got us to the hotel before 9 a.m. and we were checked in immediately we arrived. This I felt was exceptional service and for this reason I gave the 4*. If I was going back to Warrington I would have to reassess what event I was going to and the locality of the hotel. It was very close to the railway station for visits to either Manchester or Liverpool, both of which were only 17 miles away.

Room Tip: We were in a room on the ground floor. As single females I understand this is Premier Inn policy as...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Maggie N
Exeter, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 October 2013

We only stayed here for one night because we couldn't find a reasonably priced hotel in Liverpool on a Saturday night. It was a bit of a walk from the railway station and is located in the middle of a business park on the edge of the town centre. On a Saturday evening, the park is dead except for the hotel and a pub next door. The hotel itself looks like a giant beehive on the outside but inside it is fairly typical of Premier Inns around the country. Our room was clean and the bed was comfortable. We had a view across what was either a field of weeds or a wildlife habitat - it wasn't clear which but it made a change from the car parks that we normally have the delight of seeing. All in all we had a brief but pleasant stay. The only slight downside was that we decided to get an early night but the music from the pub, which did not go on late, was audible without earplugs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Newcastle under Lyme
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I was trying to find this hotel long after dark using an incomplete dress on my Tom tom, my fault entirely and eventually phoned the hotel. Sean, who was manning the front desk answered my call and sensing my dispair, stayed in contact giving me directions at every junction.

I was anxious to arrive before the restaurant closed at 10pm but Sean contacted the restaurant, ordered what I wanted, sped me through the reception process and sent me off for my meal whilst he looked after my cases. What service!
The room was up to Premierinn's usual standards, clean, warm and comfortable.
The food was very good value and service was unbeatable .I would not hesitate to stay there
again and have no hesitation in recommending it.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jeff F
Northampton, England
Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Having previously stayed at the Premier Inn at M6 Jct 21 which is a great hotel, this is like a run down Travelodge with a name change. Breakfast across the road in the pub is okay. The option for grab and go coffee and croissant are useful if you are in a rush.
A lot of money for poor accommodation. Great location for Central Warrington but you can stay at the much nicer village hotel across the road for the same price. Mine was a last minute booking so it may be cheaper booked in advance.

• Stayed September 2013
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Warrington Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 1 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Thank you once again for your review.