“Comfortable / Really Nice Food :)”

Premier Inn Warrington (M6/J21) Hotel
Ranked #1 of 21 Hotels in Warrington
London, United Kingdom
“Comfortable / Really Nice Food :)”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is m first time in a Premier Inn. It sits opposite the Holiday Inn Warrington and in general the hotel is a really nice place to stay. My first impressions of the hotel's booking system were not great. I was being offered rates on their site for as little as £30 however their website would not let me book that rate. Instead I had to mess about and go in there where I got a rate more than double that. They couldn't match the prices yet the site wouldn't let me book. I thought this was grossly unfair. Still I decided to stay and was given a disabled room (as requested) on the ground floor.The room was clean, tidy, the bed was comfortable and its everything you would expect from a large chain such as this. I had issues with hot water but was moved within 5 minutes to another when I told reception. The service on the front desk was second to none. I was not given a late checkout which annoyed me a little but I'll live it doesn't say anywhere they have to. There are no reward or loyalty schemes so you can't get any special treatment over another standard member. Internet cost me £3 and was some of the fastest internet I have ever used in public matching that of only a 4G dongle (in a 4G area) I think the internet is very well priced and extremely quick. It was available throughout the whole hotel and I had no problems with it at all. I even got 30 minutes free to try it out before I bought it. Loved it. I used it over my own. Mobile phone signal can be a problem on all networks, I brought my SureSignal for Vodafone which gave me full coverage throughout the whole hotel. Unless your on the top floor your going to find yourself with basic texts ans call functionality only. The food was really nice, however it took a while to actually get any of it. The night was particularly busy and I had to wait up to 20 minutes to get a drink. I was served quickly for the food but addition drinks became difficult to obtain with the lack of staff and number of people in the restaurant. The hotel has just 2 plug sockets in the whole room. I do believe you need to unplug the TV leacing your with one socket to use. I always travel with an 8 gang extension lead but I think this is a pain and silly. There are no sockets by your bed and power users and those with laptops will suffer badly if youve brought just the basics and wanna plug your house in! The lighting was dim by my bed, but nice the curtains kept the light out well but it was noisy and I was kept awake by people hanging around outside my window as I was near the entrance. You do not get air conditioning for the price you pay (which is more than the holiday inn opposite) this should be included as standard. It was hot and although given a fan difficult to sleep; The lack of A/C in a hotel of this quality is a big let down and pulls one star down in my review. You are given the bare minimum in tea milks and coffees etc... and the same goes for facilities. You cannot charge something to your room which annoyed me pay as you go meant putting in my pin number for my card some 20 times or more. The prices were comparable to most other hotels. No room service available. The hotel is basic and if they charged less Id probably give it a better review but come on 1 plug if you dont wanna watch TV its ridiculous. If the prices here were more £40 a night I'd stay here again but for now I will go across the road I need things like room service (disability) charging to my room, tabs etc... Breakfast was served until 10am, others said 11am it gets confusing with staff not all agreeing on the time. I did eat but much easier the food was nice (but pricey) This is a short stay hotel and not for business travelers there are no business facilities here. The TV was small I didnt exactly measure it but my laptop screen was almost the size of it.

The beds were nice and they were comfortable. I couldnt fault them and the pillows are really nice. No tables as such and not a lot of room if there were more than 1 person one would be on the bed / floor and the other on the single chair provided.

Lots of baggage space switches everywhere signs for disabled would be nice since I have no idea what they all did. Its not obvious when your Autistic.

Kettle works hair dryer provided thats about it.

I wouldnt come here for the price I paid but I would stay here if it was lower.

Room Tip: There are quiet zones. I dont know if they are quiet but check when you book.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Jamie P
Nicky M, Manager at Premier Inn Warrington (M6/J21) Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Thank you very much for the extremely detailed review of our hotel, it is always useful to have such feedback to work from. We are glad to hear you enjoyed food, as well as finding the internet to be of such a high quality, and hope that we see you again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (95)
Beaconsfield
Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is a cheap hotel next to a motorway. I didn't expect much but I didn't get much either. There was not enough coffee in the room for two drinks so we had to use their expensive Costa. The steak in the restaurant was just adequate but this is a budget hotel. We've had better experiences but overall it was a stop over and our rating was that it was adequate. I didn't get a good night's sleep but fail to see how I can ask the hotel to pay for it as it was not their fault, not sure how their guarantee can work.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
WhitbreadHotels, Online Customer Service at Premier Inn Warrington (M6/J21) Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel. It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our hotel fell far short of your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated. Thank you once again for your review.
Vienna, Austria
Reviewed 7 June 2014

No use for business or modern Trekkies.Only 1 electric plug in room.
Room with no fan,had to ask also had to ask for toilet roll.
Lovely welcome from reception.
probably needs a refurb. Not in the centre of Warrington,2 miles east.
Regular buses.
Good Bluebadge parking.

Room Tip: Book early for best prices.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
We appreciate you taking the time to review our hotel, and are glad to hear to recieved a warm welcome from the staff! We will certainly look into the issues that you have raised, and hope to see you again.
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Good old premier inn eh? We have come to know what to expect by now!
Booked at very short notice but on arrival the gentlemen at the desk couldn't of been more welcoming!
Then at 1am when I returned from collecting midnight snacks for the better half, the two blokes behind the desk couldn't of been more cheerful and chatty, the customer service standards are excellent and should be commended!
We had a great nights sleep, woke up and treated ourselves to a good breakfast all be it when trying to check out, 3 young female staff were too busy discussing the previous nights antics with their backs to us to be bothered to check us out
However, all in all a great stay!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NDurrington
Nicky M, Manager at Premier Inn Warrington (M6/J21) Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for the wonderful review, we are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and hope to see you again!
Derbyshire
Reviewed 2 June 2014

This is the first time I have stayed away with my grand children and arrived with 2 very tired children. The staff were lovely and took the time to talk to them. Although we had to wait a while for our dinner as they are very impatient they were given crayons and books to keep them amused. Even when my grand daughter was unwell during the meal they dealt with it really quickly and professionally. The room was massive with a bed for each of them really clean and nice and quiet . They slept all night no problem. The staff at breakfast were just as friendly with the children I was really impressed.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Nicky M, Manager at Premier Inn Warrington (M6/J21) Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Thank you for your Excellent review of our hotel. Your comments regarding staff service and care for the customers has been passed onto the team who really appreciate the feedback. We look forward to having you stay with us again
Milton Keynes
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We stayed her on the way up to Scotland. The room was very clean and tidy. We had the meal deal which included a dinner with drink and breakfast in the morning.
Apart from being short staffed in the restaurant which meant slow service, the food was lovely.
Breakfast was typical good quality Premier Inn style.
I would stay her again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the kind words, we are glad you found the room reached the high standards set out by Premier Inn. We also appreciate your comments with regards to the service in the restaurant, which we are always striving to ensure reaches our high standards. We look forward to welcoming you into our hotel again
Street, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 June 2014

All the staff couldn't do enough for you to make sure you were well informed and catered for. The hotel was very clean and the food was very good and plentiful. I have not felt so relaxed in a hotel for a long time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank margaret k
Nicky M, Manager at Premier Inn Warrington (M6/J21) Hotel, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for your great feedback, we are glad to heard you enjoyed your stay as well as the meals provided and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.