“My Favourite Chinese Restaurant”
Review of Shangki-Li

Shangki-Li
Ranked #24 of 58 Restaurants in Wallingford
Price range: US$22 - US$30
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I've always enjoyed my food here. Whether it's just been popping in to collect a take-away or stopping for a meal with friends and family, the serving staff have always been incredibly welcoming and well-mannered. I can't recommend the restaurant highly enough, you MUST come for a meal and get to know this lovely group of people and their delicious array of food.

4  Thank AmblingRambler2014

Reviewed 2 July 2014

The staff are friendly always welcoming by name - even if they do get it wrong on the odd occasion. Food is great every time.

The only downside would be the price of drinks and that as for a Chinese the options can often be limited but I personally prefer whole buffet selection and choosing as I please and when I want rather than a set menu choice (starters, mains, deserts)

Id recommend to friends for sure. Although sometimes one large group of people can raise the noise levels which can overwhelm the rest of the restaurant.

2  Thank Michael C
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

We recently had a meal at the shangi li with our family and children the food was fine though staff seemed to be in such a rush to get everything done they were clearing plates before we had all finished they also seemed to have a problem with my young daughter anyone with children will no that a two year old is not going to sit still for the length of a meal and all thou my daughter was only walking around our table to and from myself and other family members and not disturbing anyone else we were told she had to stay in her highchair and not move from it I found this very upsetting as she wasn't bothering anyone and I then had to spend most of the evening outside the resturant with her as she was not going to sit still for the best part of two hours. Advice for other parents if you have small children I would give this one I miss I won't be returning

1  Thank Bunnyboo22
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My families been going to this restaurant since before I was born and I've joined in at least once every year for the whole of my life. I'm now 20 and it is still my favourite restaurant.
The amount of food you get for the price is excellent on the buffet especially if in a group. The starters, you can order all of them on all you can eat for as long as you wish. Great when in a big group and you all want seconds. And to add duck it is only £1 or so extra.
The mains are lovely too, noodles and rice usually accompany the ones you choose.
The staff here you cannot fault. Greeted by name every single time I go they never waver from a smile.
The drinks are usually what bulk up the price here but for the amount of food you're getting I can't complain at all.
Definitely worth a visit!

3  Thank Elizabeth S
Reviewed 14 April 2014

We weren't sure about this place when our friends suggested it. They said just go and try for yourself, so we did. The meal was £16.90 each, and it was 'eat as much as you like', so we did! Everything is cooked to order, you either chose what you would like or ask for a selection (which is what we did from the starter menu), then we had another selection of starters and then chose our favourites after that! By the time we got to the mains, we were all very full, so one tip is to pace yourself. We also had freshly cooked duck pancakes in between the starters and main (for an extra £1 per head, well worth it). The main, again, chose what you want and rice and noodles will also be brought out. I even managed deep fried bananas in batter and ice cream! If you want to go out for a good Chinese meal, this is the place to come. You can try what you like and how much you like, so a good place to try something new.

2  Thank Nicola S