“Great Birthday Treat”

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Truly, one of the best Thai meals that my husband and I have had in a very long time. I celebrated my birthday here and the staff were lovely, food was great and the location was curious.... loved it all and definitely recommend it!

Reviewed 23 May 2014

Just had a rather nice meal at Thai Corner Wallingford. Food is authentic with a great balance of spice and aromatics. We had a real mixture from the menu including a classic green curry (always a good reference point when reviewing a Thai restaurant) again couldn't fault it simple dish done incredibly well. My partner had the beef with basil and chilli, again a fab dish well executed and very tasty!

I had to smile reading the review posted as terrible, A lady had submitted a review complaining the floor was wet; if we cast our minds back to Feb 2014 we will all remember the horrific floods that hit the Thames Valley, Thai Corner is situated in converted cellar of a very old building so when Thames burst it's banks due to the raised water table, many basement businesses in Wallingford Suffered. I think the review left was very unfair and hope that people still give Thai Corner a go.

We enjoyed the wine, and thought the list was reasonable, we chose the Gewurtztraminer which was well priced and matched the food very well, was about £17 so very good for a restaurant.

I will definitely go back, and look forward to the warm and friendly service we experienced on our first visit. It is definitely the best Thai place around here and will recommend it to friends and family.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Authentic in every way but in UK we expect nicer surroundings. Still, there aren't so many That places you can nitpick that much.

1  Thank dsssssss
Reviewed 16 February 2014

It didn't start well. As we descended the stairs we nearly tripped over a sign warning us that the floor was wet. What an understatement. The floor was soaked. Don't worry said the waitress that greeted us it's just ground water coming up through the floor here. Ok. We paddled after her into the restaurant where the floors were dry. The walls however were not. The wallpaper was soaked where water was coming in. I really did worry we might be buried alive. Food arrived. Mixed starter was dull and rather tasteless. I had fish for main that was ok; sauce a little thin. Husband loved his Beef with basil. Was pretty cheap. But that's not enough to make me go back. Ever.

Reviewed 6 February 2014

This is the best thai restaurant in the area.The whole experiance is great.The food is very authentic and always arrives piping hot and outstanding presentation.The service is outstanding from delightful staff.If you are going make sure you book as they do get very busey. You will not be dissapointed.Without doubt this deserves a five star rating.