“Good pub grub”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Pub
Reviewed 15 April 2014

I was pleasantly surprised by both the quality and variety of food and the venue itself. I had a preconceived idea that it would be a 'mans' pub with football fans etc but it was anything but and had a family friendly atmosphere and a quiet eating room separate from the bar. This was a Sat lunchtime, very convenient to break from shopping for lunch and prices very reasonable.

1  Thank Gwenda S

Reviewed 28 March 2014

You really do get what you pay for some good honest pub food in a simple pub design. The food is stereotypical pub food so you know what you are getting. They are also not stingy on the cheese which is something I appreciate a lot! The portions are just right as well not too big and not too small Definitely worth going for lunch!

Reviewed 16 March 2014

2nd friday my wife and I have eaten in the dolphin and each time the food was very good and the price very reasonable, staff were curtious and polite we could not fault it, we definitely recommend it if your in the area.

1  Thank peter559_hb1
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This is a gem.The best breakfasts(and other food)in a lovely well looked after pub in the centre.As people leave after eating,the tables are immediately cleared and cleaned-with a fresh cloth,not the multiples manky one that makes the table stink.The pride comes through.The staff are good,efficient and friendly.Good beers."Comfortable" sounds like a cardigan but this pub is just like an oasis and "women friendly". Try it

Reviewed 7 March 2014

I was staying in the Wallingford area this week and we were recommended The Dolphin for good but reasonable priced food. This is a great understatement, the food was fantastic and the price was very, very, reasonable, I know where we will be eating next time we are in Wallingford.