“Fantastic”

The Partridge Inn Wine Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Partridge Inn Wine Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 59 Restaurants in Wallingford
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Partridge is situated in the historical market town of Wallingford.Our front of house team our professional, warm and welcoming.We pride ourselves on using high quality fresh ingredients, sourced locally. Our menu changes on a regular basis, with weekly specials. We specialise in; Intimate dinning, Steaks, Group Bookings, Local Produce, Dietary requirements, Sunday Roast and Weddings.We would like every single customer to leave our restaurant feeling like they have been well looked after, in a relaxed atmosphere with good food.
Reviewed 7 December 2013

My first visit last week. I'd heard good things so booked it for a work Christmas do.
We were met by who I presume was the owner/manager/chef who was very friendly and professional and made us all feel very welcome. Waitress staff were very very good and most importantly seemed like they wanted to be there. The decor and ambience was great- quite informal but smart and modern. Service was spot on throughout the evening.
The food was superb. Every bit of my dinner was delicious. Best food I've had for a good while and an impressive selection of beers. Can't comment on wine because we didn't have any.
At the end of the meal we were all presented with little handmade ginger bread houses- such a nice touch. I proudly put mine in my pocket to give to my other half and took it to the pub, by the time I got it home it was rubble. Shame!
In summary,- brilliant night and I'll definitely go again. Thanks.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

Memorable meal, we had a mixed tapas style starter, I had sirloin steak with Worcester and garlic sauce and my wife had the cod loin with mustard sauce. All delicious, accompanied by an excellent bottle of rose wine (cote de provence). Fantastic meal and our first choice for a meal anywhere. The choice is good, not too many, but all cooked fresh and by someone obviously passionate about great food.

Reviewed 30 November 2013 via mobile

once again we had a great meal at the Partridge in a really relaxed atmosphere. service is efficient, friendly and there is always a personal touch. meal was delicious - steaks cooked to perfection and the triple cooked chips deliciously crunchy.

Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I had been here for drinks with friends and it was a wonderful atmosphere so I decided to book a table for our anniversary. Wow, the food was amazing!! Service, food.... Everything, outstanding! Highly recommend the venison.
A real gem that I really really hope does well in Wallingford. Unfortunately my purse doesn't allow us to go too often, but we will certainly be back! Keep up the good work.

Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

Came in last minute for a spot of lunch during a business meeting the staff were very friendly and accommodating.
We had the sharing platter with potato wedges, olives and bread it was very good and the presentation was lovely.
I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be returning soon.
Thankyou - lucy