“Excellent food”

The Partridge Inn Wine Bar & Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
The Partridge Inn Wine Bar & Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 59 Restaurants in Wallingford
Price range: US$13 - US$33
Good for: Groups
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Partridge is situated in the historical market town of Wallingford.Our front of house team our professional, warm and welcoming.We pride ourselves on using high quality fresh ingredients, sourced locally. Our menu changes on a regular basis, with weekly specials. We specialise in; Intimate dinning, Steaks, Group Bookings, Local Produce, Dietary requirements, Sunday Roast and Weddings.We would like every single customer to leave our restaurant feeling like they have been well looked after, in a relaxed atmosphere with good food.
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Had a fantastic meal here recently. Food was great and the owner knew his wines which was great. The waitress working that night May gave been new because she wasn't the vest, but hopefully was just learning. My only real criticism is with the quality of the chips that accompanied my steak were inedible. The had been cooked to oblivion, so were really just greasy crisps and unfortunately, the salad I ordered didn't arrive, but wasn't charged either. Will visit again and hopefully the front of house will have improved.

2  Thank Tracy N

Reviewed 28 June 2014

What a beautiful and comfortable restaurant, decor excellent and welcoming. Owner and chef attentive and understand his ethos of sourcing local fresh produce and our meal was well cooked and presented, however, he needs a good 'front of house' person. Don't mean to be rude but, wine ordered was forgotten, garlic bread - to be served with meal, again, forgotten - silly giggling when these omissions pointed out, little or no awareness of what good customer service is by his staff. Left feeling very disappointed.

6  Thank Anne F
Matthewinn, Owner at The Partridge Inn Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

I am sorry you left disappointed, when we said goodbye to each other I would never have known.
I did forget your bread, I apologised but I was a little confused as we had happily converted a starter into a main for you.
I don't think that the waitress taking your water on one tray while the other drinks were ready on the bar for a second journey counts as forgetting?

Sorry non the less. Matthew

Reviewed 28 June 2014

We dined here with friends, arriving early and took the opportunity to precede our meal with a bottle of Prosecco whilst we perused the menu. Despite being without the services of his assistant chef, Matthew still took the time to discuss our specific requirements, giving us the benefit of his culinary expertise. As a result, we enjoyed our evening immensely; excellent sharing platters to start and superb main courses, complemented by a most acceptable red wine. Only one of us could originally find room for a dessert but, after tasting the delicious ice cream with the Pedro Ximenez El Candado, the rest of us decided to join in too!

Service was also excellent and we would not hesitate to return.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Two lady friends and myself had lunch here last week. We enjoyed sumptuous sharing platters in the garden. The staff were very attentive, polite and informative. The whole experience was excellent and the variety and quality of the food was also extremely good. Would like to return to try other things on the slightly unusual menu.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

we liked everything about the Partridge Inn, especially when the chef came out to ask why we didn't eat the goat's cheese (I don't like goat's cheese but his was deliciously creamy when I tried it) - he clocked our plates - First class in every regard and would highly recommend a visit (best to book - it was very popular)