Buxted Park Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
East Sussex National(Little Horsted)
US$166
US$154
Agoda.com
Horsted Place(Little Horsted)
US$212
Hotels.com
US$333
Priceline
Premier Inn Lewes Town Centre(Lewes)(Great Value!)
US$114
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
US$97
US$85
  • Breakfast included
US$174
US$167
The Birch Hotel(Haywards Heath)
US$134
US$66
Travelodge
The Forge(Halland)
  • Restaurant
The Roebuck Hotel(Forest Row)
TripAdvisor
1,548 results
All reviewsafternoon teaqueen marymaster of ceremonieswedding venuemarc desseauxwedding guestssconesextensive groundswedding breakfasthand picked hotelswonderful weddingbeautiful hotelhandpicked hotelscourse dinnercountry housewinston churchill suitecream tea
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Took advantage of a one night bed , beakfast and dinner special offer and well worth it . Lovely hotel , grounds and excellent staff . Room ( basic classic ) nice enhanced by a balcony with splendid views . Both dinner and breakfast were a treat .

Just one suggestion for improvement - the cheap looking wine glasses looked out of place for a luxury hotel like this ( compare them with the impressive styled champagne glasses they use ) . Did notice another table having their glasses replaced by elegant balloon style ones - I assume our mere £40 bottle of red did not qualify for this treatment .

Highly recommended .

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
RussellLines, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 September 2012

Thank you so much for your review and indeed for recommending Buxted Park Hotel.

It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you felt that the offer you booked was good value. Many thanks for your comment on the restaurant glassware, please accept my apologies, I have indeed reviewed this point with our Food and Beverage team.

Many thanks for your time.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

My daughter Louise was married to Sean on the 30th August 2012. I would like to thank Ms Amy Diaper and all the staff who gave 110% their friendliness was outstanding. Thirty of the guests stayed the night and we all met for breakfast in the orangery which was exclusive to the wedding guests.
The rooms and especially the beds were very comfortable.
Thank you Buxted Park, I will certainly recommend you.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

A wonderful title on your review - thank you so much!

I trust that Louise and Sean are well and that they are enjoying their new married life together. It is very kind of you to highlight to everyone what a fantastic day was had by all. We, at Buxted, love to hear such delightful feedback. I have passed on your feedback to the team; they are all very pleased to have been able to help towards the success of the day.

All the very best.

Reviewed 5 September 2012

We stayed in the Buxted Park Hotel for a weekend break. First impressions are very good, lovely country house hotel set in the beautiful Sussex Countryside, and a warm welcome from the staff.

But look a little deeper and you can see that some investment is needed, the exterior of the buidling has peeling paint, cracks and looks a little unloved. The grounds are large and in need of some attention in places. When I asked a member of staff I was advised that there are only 3 staff to take care of the maintenance of the hotel and the grounds, just a small investment in additional staff would be beneficial in my opinion.

The real strength in this hotel is the staff, they provide exceptional service with big personalities. It's a real team effort, everybody pulling in the same direction and helping each other to provide great service.

The restaurant is outstanding, the food is excellent with locally sourced ingredients. Add in the excellent staff and it turns dinner into a memorable experience.

We really enjoyed our stay, and would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to post a review.

It is very kind of you to highlight the staff as a massive positive. Indeed I am very proud of the team here; they will be so pleased to know they had such a good impact on your experience. We are so pleased that you thoroughly enjoyed your time with us.

I appreciate your other comments too. Since your stay we have made some great improvements to the external presentation of the hotel including the painting of some sections of the garden wing. The information you had on the size of the maintenance and grounds team was inaccurate, apologies for that, the team is much larger than suggested. We will however continue to make improvements in presentation of the hotel over the coming months.

Thank you so much for recommending us to others and for offering such a balanced review.

Kind Regards

Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband and I thought we would treat ourselves to a little night away and Buxted Park seemed to be the perfect venue. We took our 9 month old baby with us and the staff were nothing but exceptional. Nothing was too much trouble, and the staff went out of their way to ensure that we had everything we needed. Our room was just lovely and the food was outstanding. The grounds are amazing and the hotel is extremley well kept. I must say though it was the staff that made it for us! Thank you buxted team - fabulous x

Room Tip: Junior suite
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

A top score - in all areas - thank you so much!

We are so pleased you enjoyed such a great stay with us. I will share your comments with the team - they will be delighted. Thank for choosing to stay at Buxted Park, I fully understand that travelling with young children can not always be straight forwards - so I am very pleased that your experience here was highly positive.

We look forward to welcoming you back. All the very best.

Reviewed 1 September 2012

Stayed here in February for a friend's wedding. The wediing seemed wonderfully organised and catered for. Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves. We stayed the night and our room was lovely. Very comfortable bedroom and fully appointed bathroom. Everything was just right - temperature, comfort and cleanliness. Set in fabulous grounds. Breakfast was divine! Hope to return one day for another night in luxury!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
RussellLines, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2012

I appreciate you taking the time to write such a lovely review. It is wonderful to hear that your friends enjoyed their special day and that you also had a great stay with us. Wishing you safe travels and look forward to welcoming you back.
All the best.