We spent the weekend at Buxted in Dec with some friends for a special birthday treat. From the moment we arrived we felt relaxed, the staff are all very friendly and helpful. We had a delicious cream tea with a selection of teas in front of a glowing log fire,which was beautifully presented and served. From the moment we stepped into the dinning room for our evening meal we were
served by cheerful, professional staff who couldn't do enough to please us, we all chose different items from the menu and all the dishes were full of flavour and beautifully presented. We could hardly fit breakfast in but we managed and wouldn't have missed it…..it was a treat.
We requested rooms on the ground floor due to one of the party being unable to walk far, the rooms were warm, clean and the beds comfortable. This is our second stay with the Handpicked Hotel group and we will be booking our third shortly with the family. Christmas time was a bonus with the Christmas decorations in the main hotel and warming log fires. Well done to all the staff.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Sussex, this magnificent Georgian Palladian mansion is set in 312 acres of superb parkland yet conveniently located only 24 miles from Gatwick Airport and 60 miles from Heathrow, with easy access to the M25 and London. The parkland features three lakes and is a site of Special Scientific Interest, a real feature for walkers and orienteers with walking maps available from reception.All of the guest bedrooms are finished to the highest standard with flat screen TV, DVD player and complimentary high speed internet. Feature rooms and suites have been carefully designed to blend Georgian styling with today's more contemporary comforts. A small fitness room is located in the hotel and in addition, guests are able to workout in the comfort and privacy of their hotel bedrooms with gym and yoga bags.The Dining Room has become a food destination accredited with 2 AA rosettes recognising the high standards of cuisine and offering the finest in regional produce and seasonal flavours. Regular special culinary events are held each month featuring gourmet, tribute and interactive experiences such as Cookery School. Enjoy nearby places of interest such as Brighton and Eastbourne only 20 miles away, Tunbridge Wells, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead and Lewes all on the hotel’s doorstep. Local attractions include Battle Abbey, Penshurst Place & Gardens, Seven Sisters, Sheffield Park Gardens and Bluebell Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Hotels.com, Expedia, LateRooms, Priceline, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Buxted Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buxted Hotel Park Uckfield
- Hotel Buxted Park
- Buxted Park Uckfield
- Buxted Country House Park
- Buxted Park Country House
- Buxted Park Hotel East Sussex/Uckfield