“afternoon tea”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Reviewed 16 January 2014

We went for afternoon tea just before Christmas and it was lovely, it is a lovely old hotel and you are well looked after.The room we had tea in was great with a big log fire and we had a great tea. This week we returned for tea to celebrate my mothers birthday and again had a lovely tea with plenty of food infact we had to take some home with us.Well worth the money, we will return again hopefully when it is warmer when we can sit in the garden.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your Afternoon Tea.

I was pleased to read that on both occasions the team looked after you well and that you managed to take home some of our delights!

I look forward to welcoming you back in the Spring when there is no finer place to sit than on our terraces enjoying a traditional Afternoon Tea.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I went to dinner at the Buxted hotel after carefully reading the reviews and having visited many 4and5 star hotels in the UK had some idea what standard to expect. Unfortunately it was a big disappointment I had the cod which would have been nicer if it wasn't swimming in a luke warm concoction with luke warm spaghetti? My friend had the lamb which was very stringy and when we told the waiter he apologised. Perhaps my expectations were too high as I was really looking forward to it, but it was in my opinion poor value for money,
A

Stayed: January 2014
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your dinner with us.

Please accept both mine and Steve Cole head chef’s apologies for the impression you received. Since joining the team before Christmas we have received much praise for the standard of cuisine. I know Steve has already conveyed your disappointment to the team so valuable lessons can be learnt.

Naturally I would like to restore the lost faith and ask that you contact me on your next visit to Buxted Park when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

My wife & I stayed for 1 night after going racing at Plumpton, our welcome was very friendly and informative (although the door into the building was a bit awkward to negotiate). The dinner service was first class and very attentive, the food was extremely well presented and very tasty! Our room was very clean and well appointed so certainly no complaints there. Breakfast provided an extensive number of options and the quality and freshness of the food did not disappoint.
Overall a great nights stay and we will definitely be returning.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay and visit to Plumpton Racecourse.

I was pleased to read you found all aspects of your stay to be excellent and will certainly convey your kind words to the team.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

My daughter and I spent a night at Buxted Park and the whole experience was lovely. The staff were friendly, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. The food was beautifully presented and cooked to perfection. We will certainly return and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank 41shep38
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you and your daughter enjoyed your overnight stay and that the team looked after you so well. Thank you for your praise and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We have just had the most wonderful stay at the Buxted Park Hotel. After having had a disrupted Christmas due to problems at work, we decided to spend some time out together at one of our favourite hotels.

The service is always great, but this time the staff surpassed themselves! From Janine on reception, who allocated us our wedding suite (as we got married at the hotel in 2011), to Rob the bar man who was entertaining and informative, and to Andrew and Liam who looked after us in the restaurant at dinner and breakfast; we were made to feel extremely welcome, comfortable and 'at home'. And the food was delicious!!

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

It is always a pleasure to read about individuals who are named for their excellent service. I will speak with them all to ensure they received this praise.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed 8 January 2014

Under the personal involvement of the Food and Beverage Manager, Marc Desseaux, this hotel has many special events over the course of a year.
Musical events cover a broad range of tastes from three opera singers who perform their favourite arias to tribute pop groups and solo artists such as Elvis Presley. These events are performed accompanying a pleasant meal in the beautiful ballroom.
Other options include gourmet meals which are served in a transformed and specially decorated orangery. Once a year this is accompanied with different champagnes with a talk on each by a representative from the champagne house or as with this last weekend individually chosen wines by the resident sommelier to accompany each course. A lovely finishing touch to these particular events is that the discounted price includes accomodation overnight.
The staff are mainly French and Marc 's particular personality really comes to the fore when he is commenting on the particular areas of France that they originate from- which of course do not compare well with his own region.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CLIVE F
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following our Gourmet evening.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed the evening and that you have over the years you have attended many events organised at Buxted Park. Marc is indeed the main man when it comes to arranging these evenings and I know takes great pride in seeing so many guests returning time after time.

I will pass on your kind words to the team and look forward to welcoming you back to hotel hopefully for the Suspiciously Elvis event 19th January!

Reviewed 8 January 2014

My husband and I have just returned from yet another fantastic three night break at Buxted Park Hotel - excellent service, fine food and superb building set in beautiful parkland grounds enjoying stunning views across Ashdown Forest. Total relaxation but made to feel so welcome again. Nothing too much trouble for all the staff. Nothing like snuggling in front of a blazing log fire with a good book and fine food and wine on a very wet, blustery day!! Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: All rooms are good: more modern in the wing though but not as large as the beautiful suites in the m...