“Many Thanks BUXTED PARK” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Brighton, United Kingdom
“Many Thanks BUXTED PARK”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stay here overnight on 16th February on a 'Handpicked' Sunday Night Club deal.
Buxted Park hotel is an ideal place to relax and the Staff are Excellent!

I am sorry we didnt get all the Staff's names but that is often the case when everthing goes like clockwork although we did remember Yann whos was very attentitive over dinner and breakfast.

Dinner and Breakfast were both great with excellent quality of food and service even in view of the fact that there was a Wedding reception on whilst we were there. Although this did not cause us any problems, you might need to be careful regarding where your bedroom is located if staying overnight when a wedding is also on whilst visiting.

Although we were on a special deal 'Sunday Night Club' we always felt the staff treated as special. We would like to thank them for their excellent customer service - keep it up!!!

MANY THANKS!!!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your Sunday night stay and that the team looked after you so well especially Yann who you have mentioned.

I note that the wedding reception did not impact your stay and I am pleased to read this as guests can be concerned at how such an event can impact on them.

On behalf of the entire team l look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (339)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

Had a private dining event for my husbands birthday here. From start to finish the service was spot on, including the planning.
We had the Winston Churchill Suite which was very large and comfortable even with our two children in their own beds. The bathroom was huge and had a free standing bath, large rainfall shower, double aspect view and a separate dressing room.
Tho food was lovely and they catered well for a vegan friend.
We will definitely be visiting again!

Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Amanda C
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear Guest

May I firstly convey my best wishes to your husband on his recent birthday.

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

The Winston Churchill is stunning and very popular suite with double aspect views of the estate.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your food and we catered well for your Vegan fr4eind.

On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Edenbridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We love it here. Our room was very luxurious. The bed was extremely wide. All the staff tried their best to be helpful. Breakfast was very lovely too especially the pastries. Even though it rained constantly we had a fun stroll around the area. Unfortunately all the TVs went down for five hours and no one had much idea how to get them back on line so we can't score five points even though it's still a great place.

Room Tip: We like room 5.

Congratulations on your recent 10 year anniversary

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your food and that you found your bedroom was luxurious.

Unfortunately our televisions did fail due to a network connection which was resolved, apologies for the inconvenience this caused. Rest assured the team are fully aware of how to reset the system quicker in the future should this reoccur.

Milton Keynes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 February 2014

We were taking advantage of the 'Champagne Offer', which gave very good value and had tilted us in favour of the Hotel over near rival, and equally attractive, Ashdown Park. The previous night we'd spent at the Red Lion, Henley-on-Thames, where we had remarked on the disinterested welcome. Our reception at Buxted Park by the girl on duty, by contrast, was excellent - sunny, informative and enthusiastic about the place.
Buxted Park is in a lovely setting - you can't beat the Sussex countryside, and the walks around the ground are extensive and really give you that Country House feeling. The house itself is slightly curious in its architecture, perhaps because it suffered the loss of its top floor through a fire. This you learn from the notes in the room, engagingly written and fascinating. You are in good and varied company - with those to have stayed here before you including Dudley Moore, Winston Churchill and Marlon Brando!
A key reason for our stay was the snooker table. I was keen to know whether the room was agreeable, but the website showed no pictures of it. Before the booking, one of the staff members actually took the trouble to take some photos of the room and email them to me. A very nice touch. It's actually in a well-suited, basement position. The table is in good condition, although the cues need replacing.
We had a ground-floor room, with French windows leading out to the garden. One wonders whether, in the height of summer, the rooms without this feature might be a little oppressive? Our doors were very difficult to open and close, but we got a nice note afterwards from the Manager, saying that this would be attended to.
Buxted Park does a lot of weddings, and there were many conflabs around the place, planing details. On the weekend we were there, there happened not to be any weddings, but the hotel bar was remarkably lively, with a work party of 16 helping to provide unexpected atmosphere.
We will certainly return, when the price is again right.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Thank you for your comprehensive review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read you received our usual welcome from the front desk team.

We are very fortunate to be located in the Ashdown Forest with excellent walks around our 312 acre estate.

Our snooker room is under utilised and a real find when guests take an opportunity to pot a few balls!

May I thank you for bringing the issue with the French doors to my attention to allow the team to rectify this frustration.

Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2014

We had a wonderful overnight stay here last night -13th February in the Winston Churchill suite!
Buxted Park hotel is the ideal place to unwind, relax and let the staff treat you like royalty!
Even when the weather is awful, the staff, the hospitality, the food, the drink and the views of the countryside bring warmth and sunshine into your lives!
Rob brought fruit and chocolates to our room which was wonderful, we bumped into the lovely Amy who organised our wedding here 16 months ago (this is the best wedding venue!!) and Andrew, Yann and Liam made us feel really special during dinner and breakfast.
We want to thank you all so much for your excellent customer service as usual, from Clive who checked us in to Marc who makes us feel like family every time we are there!!!!
Keep up the good work Marc and the team, no hotel gets close to this level of personal treatment!

1 Thank SarahF459
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you so well.

It is always a pleasure to read about team members mentioned by name to and rest assured I will make a point of communicating this direct to them.

Northwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here for three nights in January to celebrate my wife's birthday. One of the best genuinely friendly welcomes we have ever received. Excellent service which anticipated our wishes rather than simply reacting to them, wonderful food and our Executive room was spotless and well appointed. The location and grounds are a wonderful backdrop. I would not hesitate in recommending Buxted Park as an ideal venue for exploring this part of Sussex.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Philip A
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

May I convey my best wishes to your wife on her recent birthday.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that you would not hesitate in recommending Buxted Park for future stays.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Just back from a Saturday night stay here and the first thing I should say is that the staff are fantastic. Everyone bends over backwards to help you and make you feel at home. The room was very nice, clean and modern but there were a lot of people staying and I think this affected the service. The romantic dinner I was hoping for in the restaurant was actually in the ballroom which felt like a canteen. The food was excellent, but the table was booked at 8.15pm and it was after 9.15pm before we ate. Breakfast is advertised as cooked to order, but was in fact a buffet and when I asked for a kipper what I received was inedible. Definitely of the boil in the bag/frozen variety and so salty. The staff couldn't have been nicer about it. All in all I think it is a lovely hotel, but wasn't what I was hoping for.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay at the weekend.

I was delighted to read you found all the team to be excellent and fantastic. Naturally I was disappointed to note your evening meal experience and I wish to convey my sincere apologies to you. At Buxted Park it is very unusual for us not to have a private celebration going on over the weekend which means 25 – 30% of the bedrooms are taken by the party. This then means the remaining bedrooms are taken by guests enjoying a leisure stay with us. On Saturday all the bedrooms were leisure guests and whilst not an excuse this did mean we had to cater for a larger number of diners than we would generally. Please be assured a full review of Saturdays service has been completed allowing the team to understand where we could have improved for future reference.

Your breakfast service has been noted and I can assure you that we do not do boil in the bag fish at this most important meal. Both my head chef Steve and Marc my food and beverage manager have asked me to pass on their sincere apologies for this impression.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
East Sussex National
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,501 reviews

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!