“A real gem - should be 5 star”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Reviewed 3 April 2014

We spent two nights in the Akhnathan Suite with our 17 month old daughter and the three of us loved every minute of the stay. Nothing was too much trouble for the staff - service was fantastic. The suite was fabulous and the facilities were first rate. Gorgeous location. One of the best hotels we've stayed at in the UK and highly recommended. On the pricey side, but worth every penny given our comments above.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

The Akhnatan Suite is indeed stunning with fantastic views across the estate. I was so pleased to read the family enjoyed your stay and the team looked after you so well.

On behalf of everyone at the hotel I look forward to welcoming you back very soon when I can assure you of our best attention.

Jonathan Owen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,495)

Reviewed 1 April 2014

We only stayed for one night but the setting, the room and the breakfast were all excellent. We will certainly consider using it again. Its location is good for a nightstop before flying from Gatwick (airport parking about 17 miles from hotel).

1  Thank nigelcharles
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and found our location to be excellent for Gatwick Airport.

I trust and hope that next time you stay with us it will be for a few days giving you the opportunity to see the estate and receive our very best hospitality.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Homemade lemon curd set this afternoon tea apart from others I've been to. Lovely atmosphere and a very realxed environmen. A great selection of teas and the scones were perfect. We went for tea with a group of ladies as a hen party and it was very civilised. Worth a visit.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your afternoon tea and I will certainly relay your kind words to Gary our Pastry chef who will be very proud to receive your feedback.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

We always make sure we have an overnight recharge after very stressful jobs in London.
This hotel hit the spot and provided my husband and I some chill out time and an experience of country living.
Peaceful, relaxed but so stylish.....
The staff were excellent and the room was beautiful with a view out to the lake.
Sipping wine and watching the sunset from our window was just perfect.
We loved the empty fridge, the fresh milk, and the cotton waffle dressing gowns which are just right for lounging in.
And then the breakfast served in room.....hmmm
Wonderful and perfectly cooked poached eggs. Quality produce!
Thank you to the manager for making our stay happen and thank you to the all the lovely staff.
I would love to stay again....

Room Tip: A room with a view!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

I was delighted to read that you took full advantage of all our facilities and enjoyed one of the many bedrooms with views over the lake.

I firmly believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day and one that we have a great tradition for here at Buxted Park.

On behalf of all the team here at Buxted I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel when I can ensure you of the very best attention.

Reviewed 27 March 2014

My husband and I stayed at Buxted Park House for 1 night, dinner and breakfast. We needed some down time and this was the perfect location. The staff are extremely friendly and there's a comfortable hush in the house. Dinner was sumptuous - our waiter Yann was a delight. We slept very well in a very comfy bed and walked the gardens after a tasty breakfast. The gardens are obviously well loved and cared for and are a joy to the eye. Highly recommend a stay.

• Stayed: March 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you well.

I will certainly convey your kind words to Yann who you highlighted in your review.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Having received a gift of Afternoon Tea, my husband, my sister (visiting from Spain) and 18 year old son booked our Tea. We were lucky to have a very sunny day and had a delightful walk around the grounds of the Hotel. We had requested tea on the terrace, but as the sun had by this time lost its heat, we decided to have our tea in the very warm and cosy room. After being shown the selection of teas and advised by our very knowledgeable waiter on the various types available and having smelt the aromas of the various teas, we made our choice. The individual pots of tea were produced all steaming hot, with extra water and milk. We ordered afternoon Tea and a wide selection of sandwiches, homemade cakes and plain and sultana scones together with clotted cream, butter, jam and lemon curd was produced. Everything was freshly baked and totally delicious. We couldn't manage all of it and were able to take home what we couldn't eat! Thank you to the Manager and his Team for making this a truly brilliant family outing. We intend to come again in the summer and sit on the Terrace!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your Afternoon Tea at Buxted Park Hotel.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed this traditional and popular service at Buxted Park.

I will certainly convey your kind words to the team and I look forward to welcoming you later in the year when hopefully the sun will be shining!

Reviewed 23 March 2014

An amazing friendly welcome and stay at BUXTED PARK HOTEL, near Uckfield, Sussex.
The room, the grounds, the staff were fantastic. Ron & Luke in the bar, Yann in the restaurant, Liam at breakfast and Mark's farewell friendliness all made for a memorable experience.
The food & Wine in the restaurant were really great value. The room superb, beautiful views out to the spacious grounds.
Look forward to visit here again. Relaxing, Romantic & Refreshing :-* !!!

Room Tip: Room 5 this is based on.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that so many of the team received individual praise for their service. I will ensure these fine words are relayed to them all personally.

On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Jonathan Owen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
Horsted Place
#1 of 43 in Brighton
The Grand Brighton
The Grand Brighton
#10 of 43 in Brighton

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!