“Real Service”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Kildare, Ireland
“Real Service”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

In many, many years of travelling and staying in Hotels I have never once felt motivated
to write and voice my satisfaction with the service received.
Small things make a difference and when I spilled make- up on a dress on Saturday morning
and requested Housekeeping’s assistance I wasn’t overly optimistic (not least as there were
3 weddings taking place throughout our stay) !
Arriving back at midnight I was delighted to find my spotless dress on the bed and even
more thrilled to discover there was no charge !!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

It is always a pleasure to read when the team go out of their way to ensure our guests expectations are surpassed. I will certainly convey your praise to the housekeeping team who performed a miracle!

Jonathan Owen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 9 April 2014 via mobile

Just returned from a wonderful time at the beautiful Buxted Park Hotel for our anniversary once again, (we went last year.) As well as the most romantic setting,and beautiful grounds,
Everything about this hotel is 5 star. The staff are the friendliest we have ever come across, and the food is absolutely amazing. We were up graded to the stunning Queen Mary suite. A special thank you to the lovely Andrea on reception, nothing is ever too much trouble for her! we will definately be returning again soon.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank janetgra
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Guest

WOW what a great title for a review – ‘Definitely 5 Star’

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor.

Congratulations on your recent anniversary and for celebrating with us another year.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and I will ensure your praise is conveyed all team members especially Andrea who you mentioned. Andrea will now be awarded a WOW voucher which she can save towards prizes here at the hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2014

The room, the service, the drinks, the food….all lovely! Thank you for restoring my faith in the hand-picked brand. Of particular note are the members of staff in the bar who managed the perfect balance between attentive pre-dinner drinks service and allowing us the privacy to enjoy those drinks! Also the rose petal decorations on our table to note my birthday were a really nice touch. We will certainly be back!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest

Congratulations on your recent Birthday!
Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor following your birthday weekend..

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you so well. I will ensure your praise is conveyed to the bar team and I know they will be very proud to receive such praise.

Uckfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I recently celebrated our 50th Wedding Anniversary with our family at Buxted Manor. We had the use of a private room overlooking the beautiful grounds, and were welcomed by champagne and canapés by very pleasant and attentive staff. The meal was excellent, and we all had a truly memorable day. We will undoubtedly return in the future, just to enjoy the ambience, food and friendly service.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank 654JohnE
Dear Guest

May I convey my best wishes to you on your recent 50th Wedding Anniversary.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your day and that you had one of our many private rooms which overlook the estate. The grounds are really beginning to flower in this Spring weather and the colours are stunning.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

On behalf of the Committee and all those who attended The Sussex Branch Annual Dinner at Buxted Park on Friday 31st January 2014, we wanted to say a very big Thank You, to you and all your Team, they did a fantastic job.

The whole event worked very well, having the Ballroom and the Lounge next door to each other was perfect, it was great to be able to circulate after Dinner with the Coffee in such a relaxing atmosphere, enjoying the splendid log fire.

The standard of Food and Service were very good indeed. Philip and all the function team did a great job, and the wine service was excellent. In fact everyone was very attentive in all area's and it was great to see the desire to please and nothing was to much trouble.

It is a great achievement to be able to please around 60 top Hospitality Industry guests, you know how difficult a group they are to please.

You should be very proud of your team and we do hope to return at some time in the future, we were last at Buxted in 1998, so we must ensure we return much sooner this time.

Peter
Branch Committee

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent dinner. I was pleased to read you enjoyed the evening and it is always a pleasure when fellow hoteliers praise my team.

I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team highlighting the food and service to Steve my chef and Phillip who looked after you so well.

Cowbeech, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Attended Buxted Park Hotels 'Tea Tasting ' yesterday7th April, what fun , after having different tea's explained to us , we were served a delicious full tea , WOW! Also able to try the teas offered by Twinings followed by a fun quiz - Thankyou Marc and staff for making this such an enjoyable afternoon, Brenda Barrow

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your visit to our Twinnings Tea last Sunday. I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team and on behalf of all here at Buxted Park I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This hotel is tucked away in a great location, about 5 minutes cab journey from buxted train station. We had an absolutley amazing time from start to finish, food 5 Star, Accommodation 5 star and all staff the most professional I've ever seen who really make the place somewhere to return to (I've been a hotelier for 10 years). Love it.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay.

It is always rewarding to read a review from a fellow hotelier and I know the team will be particularly proud to receive just praise.

On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future.

Jonathan Owen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
East Sussex National
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,569 reviews

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!