My daughter and now husband worked tirelessly to find the perfect venue for their wedding ceremony and reception and the moment they set foot in Buxted Park Hotel they didn't want to look any where else. The venue is set in spectacular surroundings, the interior of the hotel is beautifully designed and the rooms and suites available were stunning. Appearances are one thing but having booked the venue what is most important is how you are dealt with up to and during the event.
Kate the Wedding Coordinator was charming and efficient throughout the planning process and was always at hand to deal with any queries raised.
The day itself was just amazing. It is such a special event that the backup received is vital. From the moment we set foot in the Hotel staff were at hand to deal with any requests and offering help without being prompted throughout the day. We decided to use the Hotels own master of ceremonies and Marc, a charming Frenchman surpassed our expectations by the way he effectively ran the day, ensuring everything happened when it was meant to and with his amazing sense of humour and attention to detail he tended to our and every guests needs. We felt that he actually added to the event. Even easing the nervous tension during the speeches flicking out tissues for the emotional ladies. He disappeared at one point when my son in laws football team was mentioned only appearing seconds later wearing the team shirt. It brought the house down. In addition, catering for 63 guests, the kitchen provided top notch cuisine and evening buffet up to a very high standard, the waiters and waitresses worked hard and ensured the food was delivered promptly. The bar staff also were very friendly and efficient
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any one who wishes to arrange any event or just to stay there to relax
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Sussex, this magnificent Georgian Palladian mansion is set in 312 acres of superb parkland yet conveniently located only 24 miles from Gatwick Airport and 60 miles from Heathrow, with easy access to the M25 and London. The parkland features three lakes and is a site of Special Scientific Interest, a real feature for walkers and orienteers with walking maps available from reception.All of the guest bedrooms are finished to the highest standard with flat screen TV, DVD player and complimentary high speed internet. Feature rooms and suites have been carefully designed to blend Georgian styling with today's more contemporary comforts. A small fitness room is located in the hotel and in addition, guests are able to workout in the comfort and privacy of their hotel bedrooms with gym and yoga bags.The Dining Room has become a food destination accredited with 2 AA rosettes recognising the high standards of cuisine and offering the finest in regional produce and seasonal flavours. Regular special culinary events are held each month featuring gourmet, tribute and interactive experiences such as Cookery School. Enjoy nearby places of interest such as Brighton and Eastbourne only 20 miles away, Tunbridge Wells, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead and Lewes all on the hotel’s doorstep. Local attractions include Battle Abbey, Penshurst Place & Gardens, Seven Sisters, Sheffield Park Gardens and Bluebell Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Buxted Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buxted Hotel Park Uckfield
- Hotel Buxted Park
- Buxted Country House Park
- Buxted Park Uckfield
- Buxted Park Country House
- Buxted Park Hotel East Sussex/Uckfield