“Awesome wedding 23rd May 2014”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
“Awesome wedding 23rd May 2014”
Reviewed 27 May 2014

My daughter and now husband worked tirelessly to find the perfect venue for their wedding ceremony and reception and the moment they set foot in Buxted Park Hotel they didn't want to look any where else. The venue is set in spectacular surroundings, the interior of the hotel is beautifully designed and the rooms and suites available were stunning. Appearances are one thing but having booked the venue what is most important is how you are dealt with up to and during the event.

Kate the Wedding Coordinator was charming and efficient throughout the planning process and was always at hand to deal with any queries raised.

The day itself was just amazing. It is such a special event that the backup received is vital. From the moment we set foot in the Hotel staff were at hand to deal with any requests and offering help without being prompted throughout the day. We decided to use the Hotels own master of ceremonies and Marc, a charming Frenchman surpassed our expectations by the way he effectively ran the day, ensuring everything happened when it was meant to and with his amazing sense of humour and attention to detail he tended to our and every guests needs. We felt that he actually added to the event. Even easing the nervous tension during the speeches flicking out tissues for the emotional ladies. He disappeared at one point when my son in laws football team was mentioned only appearing seconds later wearing the team shirt. It brought the house down. In addition, catering for 63 guests, the kitchen provided top notch cuisine and evening buffet up to a very high standard, the waiters and waitresses worked hard and ensured the food was delivered promptly. The bar staff also were very friendly and efficient

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any one who wishes to arrange any event or just to stay there to relax

Room Tip: If you like a room that is like an apartment then book one of their suites. We stayed in the George...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Laurie810
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Guest

My I firstly convey my congratulations to your daughter and new son-on-law on their recent wedding at Buxted Park.

I am always so proud to read glowing reviews where the team and in particular a couple that you mentioned have gone above and beyond to ensure the day is truly memorable and special.

I will certainly pass on your praise to the kitchen team who you have highlighted as providing the very best standards of food throughout the day.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Polish first
Battersea
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wanted a quick last minute getaway, close to Gatwick airport, but needed to be special. This was perfect. Not like a corporate hotel, at all, with less than forty rooms. Room service was good and breakfast was delicious, not rushed, and all the staff, without exception, were charning. After checkout, we wandered the grounds which is a must, with beautiful attended gardens. Want to go back and explore Ashdown Forest when we have more time.

Room Tip: Window locks prevented us opening the window too wide, so if this is important to you, maybe check i...
1 Thank StargazerBattersea
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you used the hotel as a quick getaway as we are seeing many more guests take advantage of short breaks several times a year.

I will certainly convey your praise to all the team following your stay.

The Ashdown forest is indeed a great area to explore and wonderful for walking and horse riding so there is always plenty to do.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Oxted, Surrey
Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at Buxted Park Hotel on 20th May to mark the occasion of our Silver Wedding Anniversary. The staff were amazing right from the start. I had difficulty ascending the stairs to our first allocated room. When I explained the situation, we were very quickly allocated another room on the ground floor. We enjoyed a lovely cream tea in the bar. The evening meal was superb. The chef had even prepared a little cake on a slate platter for us, and piped the words 'Happy Silver Wedding Anniversary' on to the platter. My only complaint (and it isn't really a complaint, more a comment) is that we enjoyed the starter, sorbet and main course so much, we couldn't manage the dessert! We had a wonderful night's sleep in the most comfortable bed imaginable. Breakfast next morning was excellent - the best smoked salmon I have ever tasted! My husband said the same of the pancake. The grounds are amazing. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to be treated that little bit special.

Room Tip: If you, like me, have problems with stairs, ask for a ground floor room. The staircase is magnifice...
1 Thank Elizabeth P
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Congratulations on your recent wedding anniversary.

I was pleased to read the team looked after you so well and that you thoroughly enjoyed your meal. I will certainly convey your kind words to Penny our breakfast chef who is extremely proud of the quality of breakfast she prepares for our guests.

East Grinstead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at Buxted Park in the Winston Churchill suite on April 27th 2014. This hotel holds a special place in our hearts as we were married here on April 27th 2013.

The hotel was amazing on our wedding day and did not disappoint on our return.

We were remembered from our wedding and Marc and Robert treated us like old friends giving us a fantastic and friendly service and good drinks!! The food in the restaurant was gorgeous with a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Our suite was beautiful with gorgeous views over the grounds and an AMAZING bathroom!

It was a seriously relaxing night away, we look forward to our next visit.

On another note for those looking at Buxted Park as a wedding venue, I could not recommend it higher. We had the most unbelievable day of our lives which was not only down to our guests but the beautiful surrounding and the effort out in by all the team at Buxted Park. The day just flowed and was completely effortless. Thank you

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela B
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
Dear Guest
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.

Thank you for your review following your stay at Buxted Park Hotel.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you booked the Winston Churchill Suite.

I know both Marc and Robert were pleased to welcome you back and reminisce about your celebrations.

Thank you for your recommendation and hopefully I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel before your next anniversary.

Reigate, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Attended Buxted Park on a Sunday afternoon for Afternoon and Cream Tea. Weather was fantastic which meant we were able to sit out on the terrace next to the Orangery. We were well looked after by all the staff, from reception, to the bar and waiting staff; and a special mention must go to Marc Desseaux who is a big part of why we love this hotel. He also made an effort with our 3yr old daughter as he always does and made us feel very welcome. Food was its usual great standard.

We then left our parents there to enjoy their first Gourmet Meal & Wine event which they thoroughly enjoyed. A 5 course meal accompanied by copious amounts of carefully selected wine, they were very impressed with Leo the wine expert. The staff were very helpful offering to change the fish Course for my dad. They loved their room and we were able to meet them for breakfast which again was excellent. All in all an excellent night. The only slight issue is that noise does carry in the hotel but that is the only negative.

Buxted for us is always a special occasion and never disapoints. I guess if you are always used to 5* service you may find the occasional fault but we never have. We are torn on whether we enjoy Buxted when the weather is beautiful or in the dead of winter with their roaring fires, either way an excellent venue with excellent staff!

Cant wait to visit again!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your afternoon tea at Buxted Park Hotel.

It is always a pleasure to read a review which highlights how well the team looked after you.

Marc is indeed a real character and with his warmth and charm always ensures guests leave with fond memories.

I was pleased to read your parents enjoyed their gourmet evening and that your fathers request for a course change was handled efficiently.

May I thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Maidstone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 May 2014

Another night at Buxted Park Hotel with our favourite staff. We booked a night away following a major operation and wow what a welcome back we had! We love this place, find it so friendly, comfortable and homely...it seemed just the place to go to relax and unwind.
We had no idea that they were holding a gourmet night but we were invited to join the party in the library (a venue that we have always said would be just perfect...and it was). A beautifully decorated oval table with fine food and wine and good company.
Thank you again to all the staff but in particular our special friend Marc the F&B Manager....another fantastically successful evening......just as we always know they will be at Buxted ...here's to the next time.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay.

I trust and hope your recovery is going well following your operation.

I know the team will be very pleased to read you enjoyed your stay. Our gourmet evenings are very popular and a real treat, Marc and the team always dress our function rooms beautifully.

I will pass on your praise to Marc who will receive one of our WOW vouchers in recognition of the service and hospitality you received.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The history of the building & grounds adds a certain comfort and romance to staying here..

I stayed in one of the master bedrooms, and it was perfect, huge luxurious rooms and bathrooms, never wanted to get out of bed.. But the grounds made me.
Taking a walk around the gardens and lake is beautiful.

I have to say the staff there are just ask good as the place, the chef catered for my allergies also which really added a personal value. Also to say I did enjoy the cocktails, which they happily catered for as I'm rather fussy in my cocktails..

All in all I loved everything cannot fault it.. I shall be there for the champagne evening.

• Stayed May 2014
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay.

I will certainly convey your feedback to the team in our weekly operations meeting highlighting that the team looked after you so well and Steve our chef ensured your allergies were well catered for.

Cocktails are always very popular at Buxted Park with Rob and his team being held responsible for many a messy evening!

On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back for our Champagne gourmet evening later in the year.

Jonathan Owen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
East Sussex National
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!