“Cookery School”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just enjoyed a lovely day at the Cookery School at Buxted Park. The session was well organised and the teaching chef well prepared. We enjoyed a lesson on BBQing outside and then went down to the kitchens to practise de-boning chickens --- actually good fun !
This was followed by a delicious lunch with a fabulous dessert.
Now looking forward to Ladies Lunch in July.i

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following our very popular Cookery School.

I will certainly convey your kind words to Rob who looked after the event and I was pleased to read you had a chance a de-boning a chicken!

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,503)

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This a a really good hotel set in fabulous grounds. The welcome and service is just what you would want from a quality hotel and this place does not disappoint. We had a junior suite which was absolutely stunning and worth the extra cash if you can afford it.
The restaurant served good quality food at a fixed price for 3 courses which we could not fault.
Watch out for the price match offer as you can receive a free room upgrade if you can find a cheaper rate which could make your stay even better.
Do try this hotel I am sure you will have a superb time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and you found the hotel to be stunning. Our junior suites are very popular and we offer a variety of rates on our own website which are very competitive.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The is a "special occasion" hotel, not one for the casual visitor. We stayed as part of a small group for 4 nights and, with a wedding going on elsewhere in the hotel, had problems with noisy, exuberant wedding guests in the hallways at all hours of the night. And one day we even had a small girl knock at our door soliciting for a local marina, so perhaps hotel room/hall security is not what it should be! The evening cocktails and canapes were brilliant and the dinners excellent, but the breakfast buffet was most disappointing, mainly cold and surely unappetizing. The room was large and lovely and the walk-out doors onto the terrace were superb. I was surprised to find that I was charged for my morning newspaper - first time anywhere on 4 continents! It would have been nice if the desk had told me upon completing my check-in card!
I have mixed feelings about a return...

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Hoonihoo

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay but naturally disappointed to read that you were disturbed by noise from other guests.

I will certainly convey your kind words to the team about your evening meal and cocktails.

Rest assured I will be investigating how an individual was able to knock on your door and question you about a local marina, this is the first I have heard of such occurrences and I can assure you the team are fully aware of your feedback.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

My daughter and now husband worked tirelessly to find the perfect venue for their wedding ceremony and reception and the moment they set foot in Buxted Park Hotel they didn't want to look any where else. The venue is set in spectacular surroundings, the interior of the hotel is beautifully designed and the rooms and suites available were stunning. Appearances are one thing but having booked the venue what is most important is how you are dealt with up to and during the event.

Kate the Wedding Coordinator was charming and efficient throughout the planning process and was always at hand to deal with any queries raised.

The day itself was just amazing. It is such a special event that the backup received is vital. From the moment we set foot in the Hotel staff were at hand to deal with any requests and offering help without being prompted throughout the day. We decided to use the Hotels own master of ceremonies and Marc, a charming Frenchman surpassed our expectations by the way he effectively ran the day, ensuring everything happened when it was meant to and with his amazing sense of humour and attention to detail he tended to our and every guests needs. We felt that he actually added to the event. Even easing the nervous tension during the speeches flicking out tissues for the emotional ladies. He disappeared at one point when my son in laws football team was mentioned only appearing seconds later wearing the team shirt. It brought the house down. In addition, catering for 63 guests, the kitchen provided top notch cuisine and evening buffet up to a very high standard, the waiters and waitresses worked hard and ensured the food was delivered promptly. The bar staff also were very friendly and efficient

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to any one who wishes to arrange any event or just to stay there to relax

Room Tip: If you like a room that is like an apartment then book one of their suites. We stayed in the George...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Laurie810
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear Guest

My I firstly convey my congratulations to your daughter and new son-on-law on their recent wedding at Buxted Park.

I am always so proud to read glowing reviews where the team and in particular a couple that you mentioned have gone above and beyond to ensure the day is truly memorable and special.

I will certainly pass on your praise to the kitchen team who you have highlighted as providing the very best standards of food throughout the day.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Wanted a quick last minute getaway, close to Gatwick airport, but needed to be special. This was perfect. Not like a corporate hotel, at all, with less than forty rooms. Room service was good and breakfast was delicious, not rushed, and all the staff, without exception, were charning. After checkout, we wandered the grounds which is a must, with beautiful attended gardens. Want to go back and explore Ashdown Forest when we have more time.

Room Tip: Window locks prevented us opening the window too wide, so if this is important to you, maybe check i...
1  Thank StargazerBattersea

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read that you used the hotel as a quick getaway as we are seeing many more guests take advantage of short breaks several times a year.

I will certainly convey your praise to all the team following your stay.

The Ashdown forest is indeed a great area to explore and wonderful for walking and horse riding so there is always plenty to do.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

We stayed at Buxted Park Hotel on 20th May to mark the occasion of our Silver Wedding Anniversary. The staff were amazing right from the start. I had difficulty ascending the stairs to our first allocated room. When I explained the situation, we were very quickly allocated another room on the ground floor. We enjoyed a lovely cream tea in the bar. The evening meal was superb. The chef had even prepared a little cake on a slate platter for us, and piped the words 'Happy Silver Wedding Anniversary' on to the platter. My only complaint (and it isn't really a complaint, more a comment) is that we enjoyed the starter, sorbet and main course so much, we couldn't manage the dessert! We had a wonderful night's sleep in the most comfortable bed imaginable. Breakfast next morning was excellent - the best smoked salmon I have ever tasted! My husband said the same of the pancake. The grounds are amazing. We would recommend this hotel to anyone who wishes to be treated that little bit special.

Room Tip: If you, like me, have problems with stairs, ask for a ground floor room. The staircase is magnifice...
1  Thank Elizabeth P

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

Congratulations on your recent wedding anniversary.

I was pleased to read the team looked after you so well and that you thoroughly enjoyed your meal. I will certainly convey your kind words to Penny our breakfast chef who is extremely proud of the quality of breakfast she prepares for our guests.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

We stayed at Buxted Park in the Winston Churchill suite on April 27th 2014. This hotel holds a special place in our hearts as we were married here on April 27th 2013.

The hotel was amazing on our wedding day and did not disappoint on our return.

We were remembered from our wedding and Marc and Robert treated us like old friends giving us a fantastic and friendly service and good drinks!! The food in the restaurant was gorgeous with a lovely relaxed atmosphere. Our suite was beautiful with gorgeous views over the grounds and an AMAZING bathroom!

It was a seriously relaxing night away, we look forward to our next visit.

On another note for those looking at Buxted Park as a wedding venue, I could not recommend it higher. We had the most unbelievable day of our lives which was not only down to our guests but the beautiful surrounding and the effort out in by all the team at Buxted Park. The day just flowed and was completely effortless. Thank you

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela B
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Dear Guest
Congratulations on your wedding anniversary.

Thank you for your review following your stay at Buxted Park Hotel.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that you booked the Winston Churchill Suite.

I know both Marc and Robert were pleased to welcome you back and reminisce about your celebrations.

Thank you for your recommendation and hopefully I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel before your next anniversary.

Jonathan Owen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
Horsted Place
Alexander House Hotel & Utopia Spa
The Grand Brighton
The Grand Brighton
#10 of 43 in Brighton

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!