“Magical day for our daughter and son in law”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
kent
“Magical day for our daughter and son in law”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

What a fabulous place to hold our daughters wedding on Saturday 14 th June, everything was perfect and the staff at this hotel are fantastic .
Amy the wedding planner was amazing and really helped everything run smoothly. Our daughter and son in law were thrilled with how everything went.
Marc was amazing and made all of our family friends feel very relaxed , he really made the day special . All of the bar staff and anyone else who took part were all brilliant.
Thank you all for contributing to such a memorable, magical and emotional day for us all.
X

Room Tip: Suites are amazing with plenty of room
2 Thank sanfranciscosandiego
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Guest

Please convey my best wishes to your daughter and new son-in-law on their recent wedding at Buxted Park Hotel.

Thank you for your review and kind words. I will certainly convey these to both Marc and Amy and the rest of the team/

What a pleasure it is to read that the day was memorable and that all guests and family thoroughly enjoyed the celebrations.

On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you and your family back to the hotel when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Jonathan Owen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Polish first
Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Many thanks to Buxted Park Hotel for providing the venue for our daughter’s wedding reception at the end of April. The staff did everything they could to make it a really memorable day, particularly Amy who organised the event and Marc who acted as Master of Ceremonies.
The weather was kind to us so we were able to make use of the beautiful grounds, but even in bad weather the hotel would have been an excellent choice. We would have no hesitation in recommending the hotel as a wedding venue.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank John D
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest

Please convey my best wishes to your daughter on her recent wedding at Buxted Park.

I was delighted to read both Amy and Marc were excellent in the build up to their day and on the wedding day itself.

I will certainly convey your kind words to the team and may I thank you for your recommendation.

Crowborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 June 2014

We couldn't have been happier with the whole day and would be happy to recommend the venue to anyone. Mr Marc Dessaux was on hand to help with any queries we had from the time we arrived on the Thursday evening, until we left Buxted on the Saturday morning. He was so thoughtful throughout, observing quietly where he was needed and controlling all operations to make sure all the guests were well taken care of and things ran seamlessly. He even injected a degree of amusement during the speeches. We could relax and enjoy the day.
We had so many favourable comments from our guests about the food - in particular the prime fillet of British beef which was cooked to perfection and was so tender it melted in your mouth. We delayed the meal by 30 minutes because activities were taking longer than anticipated, but still the meal was delicious. Well done Mr Ross Maguire and his team.
The grounds looked beautiful and I know a lot of hard work has gone in to improving them over the past year. Mowers were humming away the day before the wedding giving everywhere a manicured look and flower beds had been newly planted out with both perennial and annual plants. The steps around the pond have been completely re-laid and a couple of ornamental trees planted, framing them, making the area a fabulous photographic opportunity for weddings.
A few rooms have been re-decorated in the past year and the Blue Room in particular looks wonderful -very fresh and bright.
We were lucky enough to spend the night of the wedding in a suite - a true taste of luxury that I would recommend to anyone and with views to die for.
The next morning we were treated to a wonderful buffet breakfast in the Orangery with our friends and family which rounded off our time at Buxted perfectly.
Well done Mr Owen, (General Manager) - you have a great team of staff and all the recent improvements are most definitely enhancing the customer experience.

Room Tip: The Winston Churchill Suite has an amazing bathroom for brides; but all the suites have amazing view...
1 Thank DianeV499
Dear Guest

Please convey my best wishes to your daughter and new son-in-law on their recent wedding at Buxted Park.

I was delighted to read that the team looked after you so well and I will ensure these comments are relayed to all of them personally. Marc and Ross will receive WOW vouchers which they can use towards prizes here at the hotel in recognition of the hospitality and service you received.

The grounds are indeed stunning and with the work the maintenance team have put in over the past 12 months we have established some fantastic vista points for photographs which weddings are thrilled with.

Cuckfield
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Thank you Buxted Park Hotel! I took an old friend there for tea today to celebrate her 80th birthday and it proved to be an excellent choice. The tea was delicious and we were luck with the weather and enjoyed the terrace all to ourselves. The whole experience was delightful and I was very impressed with the staff, a particular thank you to the two young gentleman who looked after us. Everyone was busy with a wedding but we were well looked after at all times and able to take our time over our tea. I can't think of a nicer place to go for a special occasion or a special treat. I would happily recommend the Buxted Park Hotel to anyone I am sure you won't be disappointed

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review after your recent celebration afternoon tea.

Please convey my best wishes to your friend on their recent birthday.

I will certainly convey your kind words to the lounge team who looked after you so well and to the kitchen team who prepared your tea.

Thank you for your recommendation and on behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Erith Kent
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We have been staying at Buxted Park for many years and absolutely love everything about it! As my husband's 70th birthday was approaching I thought what a lovely idea it will be if I could get both friends and family together there as a surprise. Not having done anything like it before I enlisted the help of Marc Desseaux the F&B Manager who we know and love. He was so thrilled and excited to help me and went through everything with me. He then passed on all my wishes to Becca the events organiser and in no time the whole event was organised for me. Becca you have been magnifiscent, thank you so much for your patience. The moment we arrived on the 2nd of June Marc met us at the door with a big hug and led us to the lounge. My husband who was completely unaware of what was happening was met by 32 family and friends with a glass of champagne all shouting Happy Birthday. I shall never forget the look on his face and in his own words he pronounced it one of the best days of his life. Everything from the food, wine and the cake was absolutely perfect. Empty plates all round. Our thanks to the chef and his team for a really tasty three course lunch. Phil the waiter was amazing as was Rob the Barman. Janine, one of the receptionists came in especially on the day to wish my husband happy Birthday and Marc made a lovely speech which was so touching. Thank you my friend. All the guests were totally bowled over by Marc and the beauty of Buxted. Andrea was so friendly to all the guests that attended,so thank you Andrea for looking after them all. We were upgraded to the Queen Mary suite which made us feel pretty special. Even our two sons' were given a suite each on the day so as not to be jealous! 18 of our guests stayed the night so we had a lovely breakfast with them in the morning. Thanks to the whole team at Buxted for making my husbands day a memorable one. See you all again on the 22nd of June for the Spanish evening event. Emily & Jim xx

Room Tip: The rooms on the ground floor with doors leading to the grounds are beautiful and for a special occa...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 12 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your husband’s birthday celebrations.

Please convey my best wishes to your husband for his recent birthday.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed the day and that Marc and the team looked after you so well. I was overjoyed to read we were able to upgrade you and your family to some of our suites to make the celebrations truly special.

I will certainly pass on your kind words to those team members you specifically named along with the kitchen team who prepared the fine food for your party.

On behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park for our Spanish evening later this month when you will receive our very best attention.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Just enjoyed a lovely day at the Cookery School at Buxted Park. The session was well organised and the teaching chef well prepared. We enjoyed a lesson on BBQing outside and then went down to the kitchens to practise de-boning chickens --- actually good fun !
This was followed by a delicious lunch with a fabulous dessert.
Now looking forward to Ladies Lunch in July.i

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following our very popular Cookery School.

I will certainly convey your kind words to Rob who looked after the event and I was pleased to read you had a chance a de-boning a chicken!

Sevenoaks
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This a a really good hotel set in fabulous grounds. The welcome and service is just what you would want from a quality hotel and this place does not disappoint. We had a junior suite which was absolutely stunning and worth the extra cash if you can afford it.
The restaurant served good quality food at a fixed price for 3 courses which we could not fault.
Watch out for the price match offer as you can receive a free room upgrade if you can find a cheaper rate which could make your stay even better.
Do try this hotel I am sure you will have a superb time.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and you found the hotel to be stunning. Our junior suites are very popular and we offer a variety of rates on our own website which are very competitive.

Jonathan Owen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
East Sussex National
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,570 reviews

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!