“Amazing wedding venue”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We chose Buxted Park as the venue for our wedding, and we couldn't be happier with our decision! From start to finish, the staff were amazing and the planning was made simple and stress-free. It was the perfect day and everything went as planned - we wouldn't have changed a thing. We had so many comments from our guests saying how well organised the day was and seamlessly it ran. Buxted Park is a beautiful setting with stunning grounds - but it's the staff who really make it. They went above and beyond to ensure every last detail was tended to. Amazing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Guest

Congratulations on your recent wedding at Buxted Park Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your day and that your guests were very complimentary.

I will ensure your kind words are relayed to all the team and I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

There are newer reviews for Buxted Park Hotel

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Midweek and there was a wedding going on. We had to push our way through the bar to the dining room used for Sunday lunches. This room is very bright and modern and we had it to ourselves! We were well looked after and, being a very hot day, we opted for the 2 course menu. The fish was very good, they had run out of our first choice of dessert, so we had to choose something different but that was also very good. We were well looked after.
This hotel has changed hands several times over the last 25 years, so we have seen a considerable amount of change. The hotel is surrounded by parkland, a lovely situation.

Room Tip: I could not write about the restaurant alone, so had to choose the hotel.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay with us.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your lunch and that the food was excellent along with the service. Naturally I will ensure the team are made aware of your kind words and on behalf of all the team I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing venue! Having held our monthly PA & Support staff meeting yesterday, on behalf of all who attended -THANK YOU Buxted Park.
The Orangery meeting room with it's garden view was picturesque, the afternoon tea was divine, the attentive nature of all Handpicked staff was so refreshing.
I would have no hesitation in recommending this hotel for any occasion whether business or pleasure.

• Stayed: July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your business meeting this week.

I was very pleased to read you enjoyed your day and that the food and service was excellent.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you and your fellow PA’s back to the hotel in the very near future.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband and I returned to this beautiful house, where we held our wedding reception 10 years ago! And it just makes me smile, I fell in love with it's elegance, charm, beauty, style, and grace,the suites in the main house are out of this world, with amazing views, they are named after famous people who have stayed there, the grounds are stunning and a walk down to the lake is breathtaking! The staff are really friendly and not at all stuck up, they can not do enough for you, and they just have a good sense of humour. The food is well presented, and delicious, and the full English the next day was scrumptious, with continental breakfast, yoghurt, fruits, granola, strawberries, croissants, lovely selection of twinings teas! The crystal bar is really relaxing, stunning chandelier and marble mantelpieces and leather chairs with views over to the orangery and lawns, and bar manager Rob, he is a lovely guy, and was even there when we had our wedding and remembers us! Top guy!! And so is the lovely food and beverage manager,we had afternoon tea with a selection of homemade scones and pretty pastries and sandwiches! So please visit this beautiful house, and be sure to go back and visit it again, but don't tell anyone as it's all mine!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comprehensive review on Trip Advisor.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay and that after 10 years the hotel still had that charm, elegance, beauty and style you enjoyed on your wedding day.

I will certainly convey your kind words to the team especially Rob our bars manager who has this year celebrated 10 years of service. Rob will receive a WOW voucher in recognition of the service and hospitality you received.

I fully appreciate you wanting to keep Buxted a secret! And on behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

You couldn't ask for a more romantic place to stay. Set in gorgeous grounds, the stately property is beautifully done out, with the right mix of period decor inside and out (love the fountain in the courtyard as you drive in), yet super modern bathrooms. The views from the Queen Mary and Winston Churchill suite bathrooms are to die for. The staff provide a professional service with just the right levels of friendliness and discretion - they make you feel at home from the start, with an informal checkin desk in the lobby. Nice touch. Breakfast in the light, airy orangery the next morning was a treat. The floral displays throughout public areas are gorgeous too. ​Impossible to fault!

Room Tip: Views across the grounds and lake from the suites on the first floor are exceptional
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your recent stay at Buxted Park Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that in your words Buxted Park is one of the most ‘Romantic places to stay’

We are blessed with stunning grounds which both and Queen Mary and Winston Churchill suites overlook. I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team in recognition of the professional service you received.

On behalf of everyone at the hotel we look forward tow welcoming you back in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

I had my wedding at Buxted Park in July 2014. I gave them the challenge of helping me organise it in 5 weeks!!! From the start everyone, especially Kate, was so helpful. Always receiving a quick response and accepting everything I threw at them!
In the days before, they couldn't have been more helpful. Nothing seemed too much trouble for them.
On the day itself, all our guests said what a fantastic day it had been. The setting is stunning, the food was absolutely delicious and the general atmosphere was friendly and happy.
From a personal point of view, I could not recommend this venue enough. I was so relaxed on my wedding day, possibly the most relaxed I'd been in years!! They had proved to be so good at their job, that I trusted every aspect of the day to them. It went smoothly and even the one hiccup we had with one of our guests was promptly addressed by Marc and he even told me to not worry!
Ross, Marc and Kate in particular were incredible and I wouldn't have had such a perfect day without their help!

On the room side, all rooms are very well equipped and each has it's own charm. We stayed in one of the suites and... well... the bathroom is MAGNIFICENT! The only downside was that our room was so big, I couldn't change the channel on the telly from bed!! :)

Overall, bloomin' marvellous hotel and staff!

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED

In the words of Arnie, "I will be back"!

Room Tip: All the suites are stunning, the double's are smaller but mostly with outdoor areas. All of them...

Dear Guest

Congratulations on your recent wedding with us at Buxted Park Hotel.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your special day and that Kate, Ross and Marc ensured your wedding was truly memorable.

Thank you for your recommendation and I know the team will be pleased to read you review. The Winston Churchill suite is stunning with the largest bathroom within the Hand Picked group of hotels.

I will be awarding Kate, Ross and Marc a wow voucher which they can redeem for prizes here at the hotel. WOW vouchers are awarded where exemplary service and hospitality is noted by our guests and clearly this occurs on the build up to and on your wedding day.

On behalf of everyone at the hotel we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Beautiful Estate Lovely Looking Buildings. Reception and Porterage Staff Brilliant. Bar Manager terrific.
Soup without any bread and a chicken salad, total time to get server, 1hour 35mins. Totally unacceptable and unsatisfactory service. Just because you sit in the lounge there is no reason why the restaurant staff can't serve ready food to patrons of the hotel whom decide to sit in the bar.
Breakfast. Very good selection. BUT, when you tell a guest the buffet will be available from 7:30, then it should be 7:30 and not 7:50. I was told I could order before then, but with last night's experience in the bar, I'd probably still be waiting for it to arrive at 9 o'clock.

Room Tip: Keep the windows closed and use the aircon for temp control.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Dave '

Dear Guest

May I firstly apologies for the impression you received from you recent stay.

I have taken the opportunity to discuss your bar food with my bars manager and head chef. Both Rob and Steve have asked me to convey their sincere apologies to you on behalf of their teams. For larger groups we do offer a set breakfast buffet however we will always offer cooked breakfast to order for those guests who wish to enjoy breakfast before this.

Certainly your impression of our bar offering and breakfast service does not reflect our usual standard of operations,

I would kindly ask that when you are next looking to stay in the area you would contact my office so I may personally arrange this for you.

Once again please accept my sincere apologies and I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future.

Jonathan Owen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
East Sussex National
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!