I have now stayed at Buxted Park Hotel on two separate occasions, both times as a “wedding guest” and can therefore only review the hotel from this perspective.
I would imagine that certain independent visitors would be upset that on some occasions access to certain areas was restricted to “wedding party only”, but this should be expected from any establishment that specializes in wedding packages.
Firstly I would like to say that the staff on both occasions were delightful and should be commended for their polite and helpful manner. I could not find fault from the moment I arrived to the moment I left.
Buxted Park is set in beautiful parkland. The grounds are extensive, and if you are looking for a “little piece of England” with amazing greenery, this is the place for you.
Question to Management? Does the lake belong to the hotel? If so a path leading down to the lake from the hotel would be a wonderful feature. We “old folk” struggled to get down there! ;o)
Breakfast was self service and very good – everything you could wish for (apart from the fact they had run out of fried eggs when I arrived – but this was just bad timing on my part!) :o)
Now what I hope is taken as constructive criticism...
Unfortunately on this occasion I was underwhelmed by our room. To be fair, the bed and pillows were comfy, the towels were white and fluffy, there was plenty of tea and coffee, but there was certainly no wow factor – it was just adequate.
It was also unfortunate that when we woke there was no wifi internet connection available. Normally, this would not have mattered, but being a Monday morning my husband needed to access e mails for business use and this was not possible.
I believe the bar prices to be excessive. They are prices I would expect to pay for waiter service at dinner, not for standing queuing at a bar as a guest at a wedding. Unfortunately I was not alone in thinking this and it appeared to be a topic of conversation that could be heard thoughout the evening.
Having said the above, the place really is lovely – definitely worth a visit, and I am sure you won’t be disappointed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Sussex, this magnificent Georgian Palladian mansion is set in 312 acres of superb parkland yet conveniently located only 24 miles from Gatwick Airport and 60 miles from Heathrow, with easy access to the M25 and London. The parkland features three lakes and is a site of Special Scientific Interest, a real feature for walkers and orienteers with walking maps available from reception.All of the guest bedrooms are finished to the highest standard with flat screen TV, DVD player and complimentary high speed internet. Feature rooms and suites have been carefully designed to blend Georgian styling with today's more contemporary comforts. A small fitness room is located in the hotel and in addition, guests are able to workout in the comfort and privacy of their hotel bedrooms with gym and yoga bags.The Dining Room has become a food destination accredited with 2 AA rosettes recognising the high standards of cuisine and offering the finest in regional produce and seasonal flavours. Regular special culinary events are held each month featuring gourmet, tribute and interactive experiences such as Cookery School. Enjoy nearby places of interest such as Brighton and Eastbourne only 20 miles away, Tunbridge Wells, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead and Lewes all on the hotel’s doorstep. Local attractions include Battle Abbey, Penshurst Place & Gardens, Seven Sisters, Sheffield Park Gardens and Bluebell Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LateRooms, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Buxted Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buxted Hotel Park Uckfield
- Hotel Buxted Park
- Buxted Park Uckfield
- Buxted Country House Park
- Buxted Park Country House
- Buxted Park Hotel East Sussex/Uckfield