Buxted Park Hotel
Horsted Place(Little Horsted)
US$253
Hotels.com
East Sussex National(Little Horsted)
US$156
US$136
US$238
US$231
The Roebuck Hotel(Forest Row)(Great Value!)
US$83
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
US$166
US$160
The Birch Hotel(Haywards Heath)
US$119
US$63
Travelodge
1,559 results
All reviewsafternoon teaqueen marymaster of ceremonieswedding venuemarc desseauxwedding guestssconesextensive groundswedding breakfasthand picked hotelswonderful weddingbeautiful hotelhandpicked hotelscourse dinnercountry housewinston churchill suitecream tea
Reviewed 19 August 2014

No value for the money spend. Vert beautiful surroundings, but this has the disadvantage that you have to stay at the hotel or make a relative long trip by car to eat, shop, ...
Most of the time there are weddings going on, so you are convicted to a small bar (also the rooms are not modern and to small, so you can't sit there), were the food is extremely expensive (caesar salad: 4 leaves of salad and a few bread crumbs: 15£! - a smaal ciabatta with some paprikas and a bit mozarella (called a pizza): 12.5£). The restaurant is also overly expensive and has no windows at all...

2  Thank Luc196211
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was disappointed to note you did not enjoy your stay overall. I must admit that one of the attractions of Buxted Park is that we are set in 312 acres of Sussex countryside and forest which in itself provides much loved walks and seclusion as appose to being in a town environment. Unfortunately this also means that we are some distance from local eateries.

The dining room at Buxted Park does have a more contemporary feel which guests do enjoy.

Thank you again for your comments and naturally if you wish to return to the hotel in the near future please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have now stayed at Buxted Park Hotel on two separate occasions, both times as a “wedding guest” and can therefore only review the hotel from this perspective.

I would imagine that certain independent visitors would be upset that on some occasions access to certain areas was restricted to “wedding party only”, but this should be expected from any establishment that specializes in wedding packages.

Firstly I would like to say that the staff on both occasions were delightful and should be commended for their polite and helpful manner. I could not find fault from the moment I arrived to the moment I left.

Buxted Park is set in beautiful parkland. The grounds are extensive, and if you are looking for a “little piece of England” with amazing greenery, this is the place for you.

Question to Management? Does the lake belong to the hotel? If so a path leading down to the lake from the hotel would be a wonderful feature. We “old folk” struggled to get down there! ;o)

Breakfast was self service and very good – everything you could wish for (apart from the fact they had run out of fried eggs when I arrived – but this was just bad timing on my part!) :o)

Now what I hope is taken as constructive criticism...

Unfortunately on this occasion I was underwhelmed by our room. To be fair, the bed and pillows were comfy, the towels were white and fluffy, there was plenty of tea and coffee, but there was certainly no wow factor – it was just adequate.

It was also unfortunate that when we woke there was no wifi internet connection available. Normally, this would not have mattered, but being a Monday morning my husband needed to access e mails for business use and this was not possible.

I believe the bar prices to be excessive. They are prices I would expect to pay for waiter service at dinner, not for standing queuing at a bar as a guest at a wedding. Unfortunately I was not alone in thinking this and it appeared to be a topic of conversation that could be heard thoughout the evening.

Having said the above, the place really is lovely – definitely worth a visit, and I am sure you won’t be disappointed.

Room Tip: If possible - Ask to see your room first – I know they have some amazing rooms – I think we were a little unfortunate on this occasion.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your comprehensive review on Trip Advisor following your stay.

I was pleased to read that you found the team to be delightful and professional on both your stays with us.

The lakes are owned by the hotel and we regularly review our estate presentation and access and so will defiantly look at the paths.

Thank you for your praise on breakfast and your constructive feedback with regards to the bedroom presentation and bar prices.

Thank you for your recommendation and I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Last Friday my nephew, Gregory Salmon had his wedding reception at Buxton Park & I can honestly say the quality of the venue & the attentiveness of its staff were second to none. As an example, my mother is severely gluten intolerant & has mobility issues - the staff made sure her dietary needs were catered for without fail & without fuss, even to the point of bringing out a selection from the buffet to her on the terrace (one of many with fine views) so she did not have to queue with the other guests. Throughout the day, every member of staff I spoke to were extremely friendly & couldn't do enough to help. So far as the venue itself is concerned, it is set in very nice grounds with superb views over the surrounding countryside - many thanks to all your staff, a credit to the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank ZappaStevenage

Dear Guest

May I convey my congratulations to your nephew on his recent wedding at Buxted Park Hotel.

I was pleased to read your mother’s diet was recognised and the team looked after so well. We are blessed with many great team members here at Buxted Park who regularly go out of their way to ensure guests feel really special when staying with us.

Thank you for your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Buxted park you did us proud. Great venue, great food and great staff.

A special thanks to Marc and Phil from the F&B team who took all the worry from us and allowed us to enjoy our day, and made it even more special, and for the chef to cook so many rumps of lamb so perfectly , I take my hat off to you.

Great job

Pete and Sarah

Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Pete H
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Guest

Congratulations again on your recent wedding at Buxted Park Hotel.

Thank you for placing a review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to note that you enjoyed your special day and that the team looked after you so well. I will ensure your praise is relayed to all the team and I know our Chef Steve will be delighted to learn that you found the lamb was cooked to perfection.

On behalf of everyone may I extend our best wishes and look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

What was most disappointing about this hotel that over the 3 days we were there, there were 3 consecutive weddings. We felt that the wedding was the priority for the hotel. Areas were for "wedding guests" only and we were told "you can't go in there". We felt rather like second class citizens. At breakfast, for example, instead of being able to eat in the lovely orangery overlooking the gardens, we were told that as hotel guests we were not allowed in there and were taken to a rather dark, small room at the back on both mornings we were there. We wanted to sit in the bar at the back of the hotel and have lunch and actually we did, but we were told we had to go in the other bar (crowded and full of pre-wedding guests). Eventually we were allowed to go in the bar at the back which leads onto the terrace, as long as we were out of it by 1pm for the wedding. It doesn't seem very satisfactory to have the wedding party being part of the main hotel at the expense of other guests. Our room was ok - quite expensive we felt for £198 a night. A little jaded. The toilet didn't flush properly. The toilet brush was broken. The bathroom was badly designed as the glass screen opened right onto the entry door and made it tricky and dangerous for two people using the bathroom together. No bath robes.
On a brighter note, the staff who serviced the bedrooms were really helpful and friendly. The staff overall were trying hard, maybe some more training would be helpful. They were very pleasant.

Room Tip: We were given a room right at the end of the corridor at the furthest point from the wedding parties. Some years ago when we stayed we were kept awake with loud music from a wedding party which went on late. This time we asked for a quiet room.
1  Thank Priscilla W
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the impression you received from your stay.

It is very rare for Buxted Park to host 3 weddings consecutively and I appreciate how this impacted your stay. Since joining the team in November of 2012 we took the decision to only take 1 wedding on any day of the week in order to manage all guests expectations, I am sad to note that we did not achieve this over your stay.

I was pleased to read you found the team to be very friendly and helpful during your stay.

As the general manager your comments allow me to effectively assess my team’s performance and in turn ensure specific action is taken to maintain and improve upon our service and accreditations.

I do hope I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Buxted Park in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.