My husband and I took our cousin out for Sunday lunch at Buxted Park Hotel while she visited us from Hertfordshire. Even though there was a wedding that day the staff were really attentive and welcoming and we felt as though we were just as important as the wedding guests which you might not get at all hotels. Rob quickly took our order for drinks and we were left to peruse the menu.
The restaurant was beautiful and bathed in glorious sunshine through the glass atrium in the ceiling. The food was amazing and Jean-Francois and the other restaurant staff ensured we enjoyed the meal from beginning to end. My husband and I enjoyed the pate but did have food envy of my cousin's choice of butternut squash soup. The roast beef was delicious and cooked to our preference and the pork belly that my husband chose looked amazing. Despite thinking that we couldn't manage another morsel my cousin and I has a delicious fruit tart with cream patisserie which could have been shipped from Paris. It was fantastic to have such delicious food when the kitchen were also catering for a wedding, I don't know how they manage it.
Afterwards we enjoyed tea and coffee in the gorgeous crystal bar and were treated to homemade chocolates and to die for Turkish delight! My cousin and I wandered the beautiful, secluded grounds in the afternoon sun and she remarked what a wonderful way to walk off lunch in such beautiful parkland.
We'll definitely be back again soon.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Sussex, this magnificent Georgian Palladian mansion is set in 312 acres of superb parkland yet conveniently located only 24 miles from Gatwick Airport and 60 miles from Heathrow, with easy access to the M25 and London. The parkland features three lakes and is a site of Special Scientific Interest, a real feature for walkers and orienteers with walking maps available from reception.All of the guest bedrooms are finished to the highest standard with flat screen TV, DVD player and complimentary high speed internet. Feature rooms and suites have been carefully designed to blend Georgian styling with today's more contemporary comforts. A small fitness room is located in the hotel and in addition, guests are able to workout in the comfort and privacy of their hotel bedrooms with gym and yoga bags.The Dining Room has become a food destination accredited with 2 AA rosettes recognising the high standards of cuisine and offering the finest in regional produce and seasonal flavours. Regular special culinary events are held each month featuring gourmet, tribute and interactive experiences such as Cookery School. Enjoy nearby places of interest such as Brighton and Eastbourne only 20 miles away, Tunbridge Wells, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead and Lewes all on the hotel’s doorstep. Local attractions include Battle Abbey, Penshurst Place & Gardens, Seven Sisters, Sheffield Park Gardens and Bluebell Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, LateRooms, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Buxted Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buxted Hotel Park Uckfield
- Hotel Buxted Park
- Buxted Park Uckfield
- Buxted Country House Park
- Buxted Park Country House
- Buxted Park Hotel East Sussex/Uckfield