“Truly Scrumptious Sunday Lunch.”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Bexhill-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Truly Scrumptious Sunday Lunch.”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I took our cousin out for Sunday lunch at Buxted Park Hotel while she visited us from Hertfordshire. Even though there was a wedding that day the staff were really attentive and welcoming and we felt as though we were just as important as the wedding guests which you might not get at all hotels. Rob quickly took our order for drinks and we were left to peruse the menu.
The restaurant was beautiful and bathed in glorious sunshine through the glass atrium in the ceiling. The food was amazing and Jean-Francois and the other restaurant staff ensured we enjoyed the meal from beginning to end. My husband and I enjoyed the pate but did have food envy of my cousin's choice of butternut squash soup. The roast beef was delicious and cooked to our preference and the pork belly that my husband chose looked amazing. Despite thinking that we couldn't manage another morsel my cousin and I has a delicious fruit tart with cream patisserie which could have been shipped from Paris. It was fantastic to have such delicious food when the kitchen were also catering for a wedding, I don't know how they manage it.
Afterwards we enjoyed tea and coffee in the gorgeous crystal bar and were treated to homemade chocolates and to die for Turkish delight! My cousin and I wandered the beautiful, secluded grounds in the afternoon sun and she remarked what a wonderful way to walk off lunch in such beautiful parkland.
We'll definitely be back again soon.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank SarahF459
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following Sunday Lunch at Buxted Park. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your lunch and your cousin enjoyed the hospitality and service from the team here at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the grounds after lunch and that Rob and the team thoroughly looked after you even though another event was taking place during the day. I will certainly convey your kind words to the kitchen team about the dishes you all enjoyed. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention
Best wishes Jonathan Owen

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (347)
  • Polish first
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our room was ready on our early arrival which was fortunate an we had been given a room I had requested. The wedding from start to finish was flawlessly organised and executed. Every guest had only compliments to pay with regard to the hotel and its staff. There was one small incident which I believe is being sorted by management which I would expect. If you are considering a wedding or a break I would lightly recommend.

Room Tip: Room with a view and doors leading onto terrace outside your room! Breathtaking in the early morning...
2 Thank oonagh1
Worthing, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Where to start?
The views are amazing....just sit down in the grounds and enjoy. The staff attentive, the room beautiful, the food.....oh....creative and wonderful....
In the morning, the fog was rising from the grasslands....what a sight....does not get much better
We attended a wedding. The attention to detail was fantastic....
Take all of the positive descriptive words and arrange them...and you will just about be spot on
All I can say....if you can go, are in the area...or lucky enough to plan your wedding....here is the place

Room Tip: I think any room will do...or get a suite...jacuzzi included?
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you so well. The grounds are stunning as the new dawn rises and thankfully we have been blessed with fine weather. I will certainly convey your kind words to the team who like me look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park when we can assure you of the very best attention. Best wishes Jonathan Owen
Eastbourne, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

We held our first ever fundraiser event at Buxted Park Hotel and were thrilled with the service, support and quality of food provided. Our guests loved it too. Top class throughout! Staff provided that incredible level of service where they are invisible but always there when you need them. Everyone felt they had been treated like royalty. Our guests are all asking when the next event is and booking stays at the hotel as a result. Can not thank them enough!

Room Tip: Suites are superb as are ground floor rooms with their own terraces.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 21 August 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read your event was a success and that the team looked after so well.

I am delighted to note that some of your guests are asking about future events and are looking to book stays at the hotel.

Thank you for your praise and I will ensure all the team are fully aware of your review.

On behalf of the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Stayed for one night with my wife and daughter. The staff were were wonderful, the service exceptional and the hotel itself lovely. We strolled the grounds and found the atmosphere very relaxing. They were hosting a wedding on the night we were there but, although very busy with that, there were plenty of very helpful staff to satisfy our needs. The reception staff in particular were very good. Wedding music a little loud, but that is to be expected. The food was lovely and we also enjoyed a very nice breakfast the following day. I would highly recommend the Buxted Park Hotel and would certainly visit again. We had a wonderful stay - I wish it could have been longer.

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your stay.

I was delighted to read you enjoyed your stay with your wife and daughter.

I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team highlighting the reception team and the kitchen team.

On behalf of everyone I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park when I can assure you of the very best attention.

Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Last Saturday on a summer holday weekend, my wife and I and her elderly 93 year old mobility-restricted mother attended a wedding in Brighton. We couldn't find a hotel in central Brighton in whcih to stay for under £250 per room that would catered for us. So Buxted Park which was one of many alternatives we looked at, was chosen. And I am really gald we stayed here there are plenty of lifts and ramps for wheelchairs Actually although there was a wedding on going on the Satuirday we arrived, the staff couldn't have been more helpful. They allowed us to drop our bags off early and the staff were still there when we arrived back after midnight to help us to our rooms where our bags had been postioned. The attentiveness of the staff was second to none.

In the morning we had a relaxed breakfast in a beautifully decorated room away from the orangery where the wedding crowd were dining and we were superbly looked after.

The grounds are magnificent and well worth walking around

The breakfast food was sumptuous (the salmon and scambled eggs a meal in itself). All in all a splendid place to hold (or stay for) a wedding or just to stay as a guest (even when there is a wedding going on!).

I would use this hotel again

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms were quiet
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this review, 20 August 2014

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that we accommodated your mother in law so well.

I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team who like me will be very proud to receive these comments.

On behalf of all the team we look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future.

Aartselaar
Reviewed 19 August 2014

No value for the money spend. Vert beautiful surroundings, but this has the disadvantage that you have to stay at the hotel or make a relative long trip by car to eat, shop, ...
Most of the time there are weddings going on, so you are convicted to a small bar (also the rooms are not modern and to small, so you can't sit there), were the food is extremely expensive (caesar salad: 4 leaves of salad and a few bread crumbs: 15£! - a smaal ciabatta with some paprikas and a bit mozarella (called a pizza): 12.5£). The restaurant is also overly expensive and has no windows at all...

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Luc196211

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was disappointed to note you did not enjoy your stay overall. I must admit that one of the attractions of Buxted Park is that we are set in 312 acres of Sussex countryside and forest which in itself provides much loved walks and seclusion as appose to being in a town environment. Unfortunately this also means that we are some distance from local eateries.

The dining room at Buxted Park does have a more contemporary feel which guests do enjoy.

Thank you again for your comments and naturally if you wish to return to the hotel in the near future please do not hesitate in contacting me.

Jonathan Owen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
East Sussex National
Gravetye Manor Hotel and Restaurant
South Lodge Hotel
South Lodge Hotel
#1 of 2 in Lower Beeding

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!