We stayed for 2 nights as guests to attend a wedding that was being held in the hotel. Our rooms were on the ground floor but because one communicated with the one adjoining, we were asked to move to another single room because a family need access to the one next door. The move was done flawlessly while we were at the ceremony and we were not disrupted while getting ready for the wedding. The TV and radio was easy to operate and had a wide choice of channels. The bathroom toiletries were superb quality. The hotel is set in expansive parkland and the views are outstanding - perfect for sitting outside with a chilled glass to drink in the atmosphere.
The wedding organisation was simply outstanding - even the lawns where the ceremony took place were vacuum cleaned. As for the food - just wonderful, tasty and plenty of it. The breakfast was served in the Orangery with the hot items being kept warm on Bain-Maries which were constantly replenished by the very attentive waiting staff.
The journey to the hotel took over 7 hours thanks to traffic and accidents but the stay made these problems immaterial because of the relaxing stay and quality of the hotel staff.
If time permits a visit to the beautiful nearby12th century St Margaret's church is well worth while.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the heart of Sussex, this magnificent Georgian Palladian mansion is set in 312 acres of superb parkland yet conveniently located only 24 miles from Gatwick Airport and 60 miles from Heathrow, with easy access to the M25 and London. The parkland features three lakes and is a site of Special Scientific Interest, a real feature for walkers and orienteers with walking maps available from reception.All of the guest bedrooms are finished to the highest standard with flat screen TV, DVD player and complimentary high speed internet. Feature rooms and suites have been carefully designed to blend Georgian styling with today's more contemporary comforts. A small fitness room is located in the hotel and in addition, guests are able to workout in the comfort and privacy of their hotel bedrooms with gym and yoga bags.The Dining Room has become a food destination accredited with 2 AA rosettes recognising the high standards of cuisine and offering the finest in regional produce and seasonal flavours. Regular special culinary events are held each month featuring gourmet, tribute and interactive experiences such as Cookery School. Enjoy nearby places of interest such as Brighton and Eastbourne only 20 miles away, Tunbridge Wells, Haywards Heath, East Grinstead and Lewes all on the hotel’s doorstep. Local attractions include Battle Abbey, Penshurst Place & Gardens, Seven Sisters, Sheffield Park Gardens and Bluebell Railway. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HRS so you can book your Buxted Park Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Buxted Hotel Park Uckfield
- Hotel Buxted Park
- Buxted Park Uckfield
- Buxted Country House Park
- Buxted Park Country House
- Buxted Park Hotel East Sussex/Uckfield