“Lovely short break”
Review of Buxted Park Hotel

Buxted Park Hotel
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Uckfield
Reviewed 30 August 2014

We chose this hotel at semi-random for a short break.
The staff were very friendly & professional at the same time.
Our room was fabulous - marble bathroom and the best bed we have ever slept in.
The grounds are nice - we want for a wander - but the gardens could be fantastic with a few more years work which the management appear to be working on.
Our evening meal was very very good - the almost enclosed dining space was interesting and we spent a pleasant hour in the bar afterwards.
Breakfast - we got up late and it was bit jaded - the eggs and bacon had been there a bit too long, but the conservatory was lovely.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for review following your stay at Buxted Park Hotel. I was pleased to note you found the team to be friendly and professional and I will certainly convey your kind words to them all. The Churchill suite is indeed stunning and the marble bathroom is the largest bathroom within .the Hand Picked group. Steve my head chef was delighted to read you enjoyed your evening meal and has noted your breakfast impression which he has addressed with his team.
I look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park in the near future. Best wishes Jonathan Owen

Write a ReviewReviews (1,516)

Reviewed 25 August 2014

Another one of our numerous visits "back home" to Buxted Park.
Thank you to Marc and all the staff once again.
We had a lovely a la carte dinner and it was a pleasure this time to meet a new member of staff, Andrea, who is very friendly and at the same time professional with it.
Can't wait to be back next weekend to celebrate Mum's Birthday with private dining in the library.
Thanks to all the team who make our visits so entertaining and memorable!

Room Tip: The suites are beautiful but all the rooms are clean and with different outlooks. Garden views are a...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Angela O

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor following your meal at Buxted Park Hotel. I was pleased to read that Marc and the team looked after you so well and that you met Andrea a new member of the restaurant team. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel next weekend for your mothers celebrations in the library. Best wishes Jonathan Owen

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We stayed for 2 nights as guests to attend a wedding that was being held in the hotel. Our rooms were on the ground floor but because one communicated with the one adjoining, we were asked to move to another single room because a family need access to the one next door. The move was done flawlessly while we were at the ceremony and we were not disrupted while getting ready for the wedding. The TV and radio was easy to operate and had a wide choice of channels. The bathroom toiletries were superb quality. The hotel is set in expansive parkland and the views are outstanding - perfect for sitting outside with a chilled glass to drink in the atmosphere.
The wedding organisation was simply outstanding - even the lawns where the ceremony took place were vacuum cleaned. As for the food - just wonderful, tasty and plenty of it. The breakfast was served in the Orangery with the hot items being kept warm on Bain-Maries which were constantly replenished by the very attentive waiting staff.
The journey to the hotel took over 7 hours thanks to traffic and accidents but the stay made these problems immaterial because of the relaxing stay and quality of the hotel staff.

If time permits a visit to the beautiful nearby12th century St Margaret's church is well worth while.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms open out onto the lawns.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following your 2 day stay at Buxted Park. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your stay and the wedding was truly memorable. We do feature some excellent Gilcrest and Soames toiletries in our bathrooms which many guests complements us on. I firmly believe there is no finer place to enjoy a glass of Champagne than our terraces overlooking our parkland. I will certainly pass on your kind words to the team and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future. Best wishes Jonathan Owen

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I took our cousin out for Sunday lunch at Buxted Park Hotel while she visited us from Hertfordshire. Even though there was a wedding that day the staff were really attentive and welcoming and we felt as though we were just as important as the wedding guests which you might not get at all hotels. Rob quickly took our order for drinks and we were left to peruse the menu.
The restaurant was beautiful and bathed in glorious sunshine through the glass atrium in the ceiling. The food was amazing and Jean-Francois and the other restaurant staff ensured we enjoyed the meal from beginning to end. My husband and I enjoyed the pate but did have food envy of my cousin's choice of butternut squash soup. The roast beef was delicious and cooked to our preference and the pork belly that my husband chose looked amazing. Despite thinking that we couldn't manage another morsel my cousin and I has a delicious fruit tart with cream patisserie which could have been shipped from Paris. It was fantastic to have such delicious food when the kitchen were also catering for a wedding, I don't know how they manage it.
Afterwards we enjoyed tea and coffee in the gorgeous crystal bar and were treated to homemade chocolates and to die for Turkish delight! My cousin and I wandered the beautiful, secluded grounds in the afternoon sun and she remarked what a wonderful way to walk off lunch in such beautiful parkland.
We'll definitely be back again soon.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank SarahF459

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review following Sunday Lunch at Buxted Park. I was pleased to read you enjoyed your lunch and your cousin enjoyed the hospitality and service from the team here at the hotel. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed the grounds after lunch and that Rob and the team thoroughly looked after you even though another event was taking place during the day. I will certainly convey your kind words to the kitchen team about the dishes you all enjoyed. I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention
Best wishes Jonathan Owen

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Our room was ready on our early arrival which was fortunate an we had been given a room I had requested. The wedding from start to finish was flawlessly organised and executed. Every guest had only compliments to pay with regard to the hotel and its staff. There was one small incident which I believe is being sorted by management which I would expect. If you are considering a wedding or a break I would lightly recommend.

Room Tip: Room with a view and doors leading onto terrace outside your room! Breathtaking in the early morning...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank oonagh1
Reviewed 23 August 2014

Where to start?
The views are amazing....just sit down in the grounds and enjoy. The staff attentive, the room beautiful, the food.....oh....creative and wonderful....
In the morning, the fog was rising from the grasslands....what a sight....does not get much better
We attended a wedding. The attention to detail was fantastic....
Take all of the positive descriptive words and arrange them...and you will just about be spot on
All I can say....if you can go, are in the area...or lucky enough to plan your wedding....here is the place

Room Tip: I think any room will do...or get a suite...jacuzzi included?
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest Thank you for your review. I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay and that the team looked after you so well. The grounds are stunning as the new dawn rises and thankfully we have been blessed with fine weather. I will certainly convey your kind words to the team who like me look forward to welcoming you back to Buxted Park when we can assure you of the very best attention. Best wishes Jonathan Owen

Reviewed 20 August 2014

We held our first ever fundraiser event at Buxted Park Hotel and were thrilled with the service, support and quality of food provided. Our guests loved it too. Top class throughout! Staff provided that incredible level of service where they are invisible but always there when you need them. Everyone felt they had been treated like royalty. Our guests are all asking when the next event is and booking stays at the hotel as a result. Can not thank them enough!

Room Tip: Suites are superb as are ground floor rooms with their own terraces.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Jon_Owen, General Manager at Buxted Park Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor.

I was pleased to read your event was a success and that the team looked after so well.

I am delighted to note that some of your guests are asking about future events and are looking to book stays at the hotel.

Thank you for your praise and I will ensure all the team are fully aware of your review.

On behalf of the team I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in the near future when I can assure you of our very best attention.

Best wishes

Jonathan Owen

Also consider these accommodations in or near Uckfield
Horsted Place
#1 of 43 in Brighton
The Grand Brighton
The Grand Brighton
#10 of 43 in Brighton

Been to Buxted Park Hotel? Share your experiences!