“Well worth a visit!”

Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Uckfield, United Kingdom
“Well worth a visit!”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Small but very good restaurant, set in former cottage. Good menu selection, well cooked and presented.

• Visited December 2013

Sussex UK
“Nice atmosphere, food ok”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Popped in for a curry with my mate - we like to try different venues occasionally. Friendly, very prompt service and comfortable seating in the restaurant with formal, clean white covers. My pal chose a lamb passanda and I tried a chilli based local speciality with a bindi bajee. Whilst the food was generally acceptable, there could have been a bit more chicken instead of potato and the dish was served rather on the oily side. Otherwise it was ok but pretty run-of-the-mill, not sure we'd go out of our way to return. Spacious car park and easy access. Handy Ringles Cross pub nearby for pre-dinner pint.

• Visited February 2014
Cambridge
“Great Food”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

Our family visited this restaurant on Friday 8 November.I have been here several times before and he food is always of a very high standard. The staff are very welcoming and really look after their customers.

• Visited November 2013
5 Thank Rosie10Cambridge
East Anglia
“AN EXCELLENT TAKEAWAY CURRY”
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have not eaten in the restaurant but I did order one of their curries to take out.

Firstly, the takeaway service could not have been more helpful. I was staying with my mother, who is impossible to find - even with a sat nav and postcode!! I said I would drive and wait outside the local village pub. They could not have been more accommodating. They rang me as they were leaving and we arrived at almost the right time. My bag of goodies was ceremoniously handed to me by one of the neatest and best turned out young lads I have seen for a while. His customer skills were excellent.

Secondly, and more importantly .... the food was piping hot when we got it home. I do eat curries and am spoilt where I live in East Anglia. This curry was simply delicious. I had Tandoori Chicken. The chicken was full of flavour, moist and, above all, not swimming in oil. Their sag bhaji was absolutely delicious. Mum had the Chicken Tikka Masala, onion bhaji and a vegetable samosa. Again, all full of flavour, fresh and hot.

A real find in my book, and I hope to go and visit the restaurant itself next time I am down. So often the takeaways are in a bad, and different league to the restaurant - but I don't know how they could better this curry. Worth eating their curries. A definite recommendation from me, Solbarca!

• Visited October 2013
6 Thank Solbarca
east sussex
“Amazing curry!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

By far the most excellent curry house within a 30 mile radius of uckfield (that is definitely saying something considering the numbers of places in and around uckfield) I've tried this place numerous time both takeaway and in house dining. Both haven't failed to impress whom I have been with. From friends to family and everyone in between! I'm very disappointed to see the bad reviews popping up, primarily down to the fact that they are indeed very busy- especially at the weekend due to high takeaway numbers. Please do not let this put you off- I hope they will make some changes to provide both in house diners and out with the same level of excellence service they both deserve. But my oh my, they do know exactly how to make a curry plus all are so considerate and caring. Especially for my "high needs". After eating in many restaurants world wide, blue Asia never fails to put a smile on my face, along with a comfortably full stomach!

• Visited October 2013