“Excellent”
Review of Caesar's - CLOSED

Caesar's
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Popped in for a spot of lunch following a meeting in Uckfield. Very impressed. Staff most helpful and pleasant. Great service without being OTT. Good selection of wines on offer. Great atmosphere. Will definitely be arranging more meetings in Uckfield around lunchtime.

2  Thank Pigsac

Reviewed 8 November 2013

Having moved away from the area about a year ago, I come back on a very regular basis to have lunch with my son and his girlfriend, who live near Uckfield. We like to try different places and this certainly was a very good find. The food was delicious and the coffee... well, it was proper coffee!! Great! We arrived quite early for lunch, well before 12.30 and it quickly filled up with people. Lovely setting inside and the young chap running the cafe was very friendly, Italian himself I believe, as he was talking italian to someone as we walked in. Enchanting atmosphere! They also sell italian food, which looked very inspiring and tempting. Will definitely go again, and next time, I will buy some of their foods to try at home! A definite must try for all!

1  Thank Beatrice110
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Lovely authentic Italian cafe, serving proper coffee! Shared a bruschetta which was delicious and plenty for 2, very reasonably priced at £4. Service was quick and the owner was very friendly, even taking the time to talk to my 7 month old son! Will be returning very soon. Would thoroughly recommend.

1  Thank CG812013
Reviewed 30 August 2013 via mobile

This is a small cafe in the centre of town. We were lucky to find a table inside. We sat down and ordered the Italian inspired breakfast. Wow! The sausages were amazing, the pancetta was cooked perfectly, lovely mushrooms and buttery scrambled eggs, all on a couple of slices of chunky bread. The coffee was also superb, proper Italian coffee and much better than any chain. Had a couple of their cakes too, which were delicious.

We also bought a bunch if Tuscan sausages there, garlic and fennel, and they were amazing when we cooked them at home! There's a bunch of other stuff behind the counter, from cakes to cheeses and hams.

Would wholly recommend this place if you're in the town, or passing through. Great food, great value, and fantastic service.

1  Thank Rico670
Reviewed 27 August 2013

Having waited for things to settle down after the initial interest when Caesar's first opened, my husband and I went for a lunch snack and coffee just after 1pm today. Service was courteous and fast. The food was delicious and served to us at the table where we sat outside. There was a wide and varied selection of foods and drinks to choose from either to eat in or take away. Excellent value for money considering the portion size and quality. When I went in to pay I was impressed by the friendly service. There are lots of lovely foods to choose from, cheeses, meats, wines, biscuits, etc. I ended up buying 3 packets of different Italian biscuits and will be back to raid their meat counter and cheeses quite soon.

1  Thank Claire M