“Recommended to me now I recommend to you”

The Foresters Arms Fairwarp
Ranked #21 of 65 Restaurants in Uckfield
Cuisines: Bar, British, Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
East Grinstead, England, United Kingdom
“Recommended to me now I recommend to you”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Lovely little country pub, attentive staff and service that many larger restaurants could learn from.
A great menu with plenty of choice and a fine selection of daily specials.
We booked a table uncertain if it was necessary on a wet windy Wednesday evening, as the placed filled I was glad we did.its comfortable but some might think the tables too close but not for us. The food arrived in good time and the portions were plentiful. Give it s go you won't feel let down

• Visited February 2014

Uckfield, United Kingdom
“Sunday Lunch......”
Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Was great. You can always tell how good a Sunday roast is by the roast potatoes. And boy were they good! Starting to be our favourite pub, not just for the location, or the very hospitable staff, but the food is great, non gastro-esque pub food. Why ruin something great by adding that pathetic parsley garnish? Well, the Foresters don't do that. They serve great food in a pub, local produce, local ales, served by local residents! What more can you ask for! Excellent, well done again, see you soon!

Visited February 2014
London, United Kingdom
“Great local gem traditional pub”
Reviewed 1 January 2014 via mobile

Passed this many times going through the Forest but decided to book for dinner this week. We had an early reservation so it was nice and quiet when we arrived. A very charming young lady showed us to our reserved table by the fire - delightful and cosy.

The pub is very basic, in an old pub way which I love, unfortunately many pubs have that modern gastro feel and look and have lost their local identity. The Forester offered a lovely selection of ales, Badgers which I have not tried before but very good.

The menu was simple and containing typical pub greats and some interesting options, my wife had the Steak and Kidney pudding, the best she has ever had, highly recommended. Lovely chips and fresh vegetables presuming local as the sprouts were lovely large and crisp.

Service was very polite and helpful and the pub filled up with very nice locals.

Will be back soon.

Will be back soon.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank pbjmclean
Alfriston, United Kingdom
“Lovely location : shame not open through Afternoons”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Good food and a variety of ales available all times when we have visited this busy venue. I have seen it at lunchtimes at a weekend and in the week; and also on a Saturday evening over recent years. Have eaten before of a lunchtime : but too often we cannot base ourselves around this lovely part of the southern edge of Ashdown Forest as our walking members look for a hostelry at the end of their walks > usually from 4:30 to 5pm of an afternoon.
It is therefore a shame that this one is not open through afternoons, at least at the weekend. I know, you cannot please all of the people all of the time : and in all other respects this is a good and popular venue.

Visited July 2013