“A lovely place”

Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 16 February 2010

What a smashing place,
Very charming atmosphere, staff are nice, and service is great. nothing is too much trouble!
Welcoming for a drink by one of the open fires, or eats in the ample dinning room, I thought the covered courtyard was beautiful (even though we had a wobbly table!)
Great food, great wine etc.
Will definately be back soon!

There are newer reviews for Browns Brasserie

Reviewed 29 January 2010

Convenient for shops and some passable pubs. Pleasant layout and menu usually a good choice well done. Service and attention has been hit and miss every time we've been.

1  Thank Jannerbloke
Reviewed 27 September 2009

We stayed at Browns Hotel in mid August and ate in the restaurant twice. The first was on a Sunday evening and we weren't advised that only the bistro menu was available on Sundays so were a little disappointed. However the second time we are there the food was stunning, beautifully cooked and presented and the best I plate of food I have had in many years. It's not cheap but if you were eating this in a London restaurant you would be paying an awful lot more. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 22 July 2009

Having lived locally for 6 years, we finally got around to visitng Browns to dine. Well, we would liked to have dined but after asking for a table being directed to wait on a sofa, we were then abandoned. After the usual efforts of trying to establish eye contact, a raised hand, throat clearing and fidgeting, the direct approach to ask for a table and for our order to be taken was met by the staff turning away to avoid helping or becoming suddenly busy in their work. So although the menu looked tempting, we left to find sustenance at an alternative and much friendlier venue.

3  Thank WillyFogger
Reviewed 14 January 2009

A one night stop over at Browns Hotel was the highlight of my business trip to the South West. It was hard to fault either the room or the menu and it was certainly one of the best meals I've have had for a very long time and I loved the little surprises which came along as well. If I were to try to suggest improvement it would be hard to find fault.

Fantastic and I'll be back