“Beautifully decorated, immaculately clean, great owner.”
Review of Rockmount

Rockmount
Ranked #3 of 25 Tavistock B&B and Inns
Durrington, United Kingdom
“Beautifully decorated, immaculately clean, great owner.”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

This was an overnight stay with my wife and I find that I am going to echo pretty much things that everyone else has said about this B&B. The room was cleverly designed with everything that you need for your stay including hanging space, hairdryer, small table and 2 chairs, TV, Nespresso machine, kettle, tall mirror and plenty of electric sockets. The bathroom, though small, was equally well designed. One item that stood out was just how clean the room was. Immaculate. Our room had a double aspect that made it bright and airy. The B&B is a short walk to the shops and there is onsite parking. I rarely want to stay at places that I have been to before but the Rockmount might just change my mind about that and I would look forward to staying there again. The owner is a delight too! There was only one downside for us and that was that the mattress was too soft for us. We both love a hard mattress but that is purely a personal preference. It certainly won't stop me wanting to stay again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Merlin_de_Manaus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We stayed here for a wedding in April this year. The rooms were exceptionally furnished with all mod cons. Breakfast was served to your room at a time you could choose before 9. We had an issue with arriving a bit later than planned, and Tony was most acommodating to this request given that we were travelling for quite a while to get there! He made the experience very enjoyable and was very friendly!

I would not hesitate to stay here again if I visited Tavistock.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Delfieldo L
Reviewed 18 February 2014 via mobile

As I travel alot over the south with my work I stay in many hotels but I have never stayed in one as beatiful or as well done as this b&b. The service was excellent and the rooms were out of this world. They have definatly spent alot of time to make it as modern as possible and i can think of query or complain. The only thing I could not experience was breakfast as I had to leave so early. I will definatly be staying again but this time for pleasure and breakfast! Thank you so much for such a pleasent stay.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank Natalie S
Tidworth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Just returned after enjoying a weekend stay at this B&B. The location was excellent, only a stone's throw to the town centre making it an ideal base to explore. The room itself was impeccable, and the attention to detail was evident throughout the building which made this stay stand out from so many others I have encountered.
Of special mention has to be the breakfast which was delivered to the room each morning, superbly cooked and presented; the impressive choice available was more than adequate to please any palette and a perfect start to the day.
The host, Tony made us all welcome right from the start and even made an extra effort to accommodate a well behaved Jack Russell!
A genuine first class stay, this B&B can't be recommended highly enough..:)

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Cliff J
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Tony is the the perfect HOST ! We arrived at approx 18.00 as per the check in times, and was greeted by Tony with a smile and an umbrella ( it was bucketing down with rain ) He helped with our coats and luggage so that we did not get too wet..
We have brought with us a bottle of wine of course, Tony noticed this, and without asking delivered two sparkling glasses. ( Better than mugs! )
Our room was 1st class and could not find fault, even our Breakfast was freshly prepared and hot.
Due to the bad weather we decided to cut our break short although we had booked for another day, but guess what? Tony did not charge us for our final booked day. WHAT A STAR.
Yes Tony is the perfect HOST !
16/02/2014

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Alan W
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I haven been lucky enough to stay at Rockmount a few days over the past weeks due to work commitments. The first night I was arriving late due to a long drive from London and was greeted with a smile and a friendly welcome. Although it was late when I arrived I was asked what I would like for breakfast and shown to my room with a smile

My had office booked the Rockmount for me, I'm used to staying in premier Inn's so I was very pleasantly surprised on the quality of the rooms... they look as good if not better as the photos. The beds were top quality and very comfy meaning I had a great nights sleep.

To top the stay off I was greeted with breakfast on a tray every morning. This morning I had to leave by 7.15 today and breakfast is normally served at 7.30 onwards. This wasn't a problem for Rockmount they got up earlier just to do my breakfast.

I'm back in the area soon and will be staying there again.

Thanks :)

Jamie

Stayed January 2014
4 Thank Jamie H
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 January 2014

Would recommend the Rockmount to anyone wishing for a lovely room and warm welcome from Tony. He was always cheerful and smiling and genuinely concerned that you had everything you need. Breakfasts were lovely and freshly prepared a great start to our day! The toiletries provided were good quality and the tea and coffee topped up regularly. Can't fault anything about our stay and having such a lovely friendly host made our stay memorable. Would definitely stay here again thank you Tony.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Pat P
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tavistock
Tavistock House Hotel
#4 of 5 in Tavistock
Lewtrenchard Manor
Lewtrenchard Manor
#1 of 1 in Lewdown

Been to Rockmount? Share your experiences!