“"This visit not as good"”
Review of Dukes Coffee House

Dukes Coffee House
Ranked #11 of 70 Restaurants in Tavistock
Price range: US$7 - US$13
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Our coffee is made with our superior quality coffee beans from sustainable sources and waitress served. Serving freshly made to order sandwiches, baguettes and wraps with a range of fillings. Home made soups of the day, famous 'HOT' Chilli or Spicy bean Chilli, sharing platters, jacket potatoes and a range of specials on a daily basis, we have something for everyone. Pop in for a tea or coffee and a slice of cake and sit an watch the world go by in our covered outdoor area. Why not try our Dukes 2 Go takeaway service, also located in the Pannier market. Making all the same lovely soups, wraps and sandwiches, but 2 Go! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Called in here as we always do when visiting Tavistock ,and was Dissapointed ,we only had snacks I had cheese scone with a piece of hard cheese the cheese was so hard I couldn't even cut it let alone eat it,and the scone just fell into bits ,my husband had burger which wasn't nice at all,it's a shame not sure if they have changed their staff but the food used to be so good,the coffee was good though,it may have been a bad day ,hopefully so,as it's a very popular place,we will try it again ,when we go back up to Tavistock

Simon R, Owner at Dukes Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Really sorry Lynn that your recent visit was not up to scratch. We haven’t changed our suppliers of meat or cheese. The burgers are made fresh each morning at Howells butchers (within the Pannier Market), The cheese is a local mature Cheddar from the cheese shop (also within the Pannier Market). The scones are made daily by one of the local bakers and delivered each morning.
We haven’t changed our core staff, but obviously take on seasonal staff to help out when it’s very busy. Many thanks for the review.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I go here if I'm ready for a late lunch. The soups are fantastic. I enjoy sausage sandwich (with / out onions), or brie / salad; jacket potato recently surprised me with 3 (yes three) sausages and cheese, very filling. a lways fresh salads as garnish or part of main. Super looking cakes which I have to be strong to avoid.

Thank you kindly for your review.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I made another visit as we often every month or so from Saltash. We had our usual soup with garlic bread (me) and buttered roll (wife) plus coffee. As usual, enjoyed every mouthful! Not cheap but what do you expect with quality!
I like my coffee scalding hot and my request didn't pose any problems. Look forward to my return.

Brian Ellis

Thanks Brian for taking the time to write this kind review. As you are more than likely aware, all our soups are made fresh everyday using locally sourced ingredients that are in season. Our soup recipes are closely guarded secrets ;-)
As with everything, we can taylor your meal and drinks to suit... some like it HOT, not problem, some like it STRONG, some like it weak.... Whatever your floats your boat.... Just let us know.
Looking forward to seeing you next month. Please bring the sunshine though next time

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Had a few hours in tavistock and went into dukes for some lunch, we can highly recommend this place we all had different plates of food and we all liked what we had, coffee was very nice as well!

1  Thank Steveeygee
Simon R, Owner at Dukes Coffee House, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Thanks kindly for your review. Our cooks are always creating daily specials, so we have something for everyone.... Unfortunately this makes it harder for the customer to choose ;o) Pleased you and your group enjoyed your time at Dukes and hope you enjoyed the rest of the Pannier market and town too. Many thanks.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Friendly staff delivered great coffees and cake in the sunshine in their out side seating area. It was a very leisurely way to finish the shopping in the market.

1  Thank Maverick2008

Thanks for your kind review. We have been blessed with some lovely weather recently which makes the outside area, under the colonnade, a very pleasant area to relax. We are pleased you enjoyed both the coffee and our large range of cakes and treats. We try very hard to make sure everyone enjoys their visit to our coffee shop and our historical market town. Thanks again.