All reviewshome away from homeworking farmpeterfarmsfarmhouse
Reviewed 30 May 2017

My cousins and I had a lovely experience staying at this B&B for our family weekend. Where else where could you stay where you are offered to be picked up from local pub after family dinner the night before the party. Extremely impressed and will definitely return if we come to visit again. Breakfast was very good. Rooms were comfortable Scenery was beautiful It was the icing on the cake to stay here at this farmhouse for our visit to Devon.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
JudithB759, Owner at Higher Woodley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2018

Thank you for your lovely review. We very much enjoyed having you to stay and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 8 April 2017 via mobile

If you're seeking tranquility, idyllic surroundings and a home away from home, look no further. Family run bed and breakfast few minutes from Tavistock and within easy reach of beautiful areas such as Newquay and its surrounding fishing ports, as well as other areas. One can also experience some farm work being one of many dairy farms in the area. Judith and Peter are most welcoming hosts along with their son Phil managing the farm.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
JudithB759, Owner at Higher Woodley Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 19 May 2017

Thank you for your response. We very much enjoyed having you and your family to stay. We are always happy for people to see our farm and the milking a new experience for many. We are lucky that Dartmoor and the coast are nearby.

Reviewed 26 May 2016

We stayed with Judith and Peter for five nights, and it could not have been better. The double room, the en suite facilities, the dining room, the living room, and the outstanding breakfast were all top notch. The breakfast was especially good, starting with fresh fruit, and then followed by locally made sausage, bacon, eggs, etc. In addition, there is a small refrigerator for our use.

Peter and Judith are exceptionally friendly and informative, knowing just attentive to be, but not more.

An added bonus to staying here: there is a wonderful ancient pub down a lane only a couple of miles away, the Royal Inn, where you can have a true "local" experience, chatting with locals without the maddening distractions of music or TV.

• Stayed: May 2016, travelled with family

Thank you very much for your review. Peter and I are delighted that you enjoyed your stay and all that our lovely location has to offer. we look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 18 May 2016 via mobile

Higher Woodley farm is a home from home experience, judith and Peter are very welcoming people and make you feel very relaxed and at home, my room was extremely comfortable and well presented as was the en suite bathroom, the house in general is extremely nice with stunning views, judith and Peter where very accommodating in my requirements of secure parking for my 7.5t lorry, judith makes a stunning breakfast I just wish I had a better appetite in the mornings so I could double my Intake of her English breakfast! The place is an utter pleasure to stay at! I hope I need to stay there again

Stayed: May 2016, travelled solo

Thank you for your wonderful review and that you enjoyed the views over Devon and Cornwall. We look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 14 May 2016 via mobile

This was a perfect 2 night stay. Judith and Peter were the friendliest hosts, with Judith going out of her way to ensure that I had black pudding for breakfast. The room was very comfortable and I enjoyed very good night a sleep during my stay. My wife and I enjoyed a glass of wine or two outside in the gardens and the only sound to be heard was birdsong. Breakfast was lovely and there was a lot to choose from. A wonderful stay and a return stay in on the cards. I would recommend this b&b to both family and friends.

Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely review. We were delighted to welcome you and very much look forward to seeing you again.