“Oh no - when are you reopening?”
Review of The Galley Restaurant - CLOSED

The Galley Restaurant
Price range: US$32 - US$65
Cuisines: Seafood, British
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Description: The Galley is Salcombe's longest established restaurant, having first opened in 1962, and has the most wonderful view from its dining room.Where possible we use traceable fresh local produce and have an extensive menu including Salcombe Lobster and Crab, and a great selection of fish which is all from day-boats landing in Plymouth and Brixham. We also serve Westcountry steaks and chicken, and 'Gressingham' duck, and we also serve a selection of vegetarian dishes.We look forward to welcoming you.
Reviewed 26 October 2013

We had planned to eat at The Galley during our week in October but when we arrived in Salcombe were disappointed to find the restaurant closed due to flooding, with no future date for opening. We are hoping this will be open next year and look forward to returning.

We ate here last year and it was fabulous. Sue was a very lovely hostess.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

I have been coming to this restaurant on and off for nearly 50 years! It has always been a great place. Such a wonderful setting and the food is excellent with an interesting menu, not all seafood. I liked the fact the restaurant was slightly less formal than it used to be. We went there, starving hungry, in shorts after an extended boat trip on a gorgeous sunny evening and they didn't mind. Next time and there will definitely be a next time, I'll dress up more!

1  Thank bluecastle
Reviewed 8 September 2013

Absolutely delicious food in comfy surrounds with a lovely ambiance - but the most amazing thing is the efficiency of the two girls waiting on the tables. These two put the best restaurants to shame.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

My husband and I ate at the Galley in Salcombe twice while staying in Devon. The first time it was just perfect and booked for a second night before leaving but did wonder if they would be able to live up to the first meal again, no worries there it was just as good, just wish I lived nearer as would go there every week and don't think I would ever get fed up with it, looking forward to returning next year....................

Reviewed 16 August 2013

We were recommended the Galley as a good restaurant to go to in Salcombe. We went to celebrate my 40th birthday and it was truly a lovely evening. We booked the evening before, and when we got there we were offered a window seat for 2 which was great! The food and service were 1st class.