“Another wonderful meal with outstanding service”
Review of dickandwills

dickandwills
Ranked #10 of 41 Restaurants in Salcombe
Price range: US$25 - US$61
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, View, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Waterside brasserie serving seafood, shellfish and war country beef with a fusion twist!
Reviewed 5 April 2014

We have visited Dickandwills on numerous occasions and never had a bad meal, but last night's was the best yet. New menu gives great choice and the staff were as pleasant and attentive as ever. We never tire of going back

Reviewed 3 April 2014

With waterside decking outside and great views from inside dickandwills was a lovely surprise as we looked for a coffee on a desperately wet day. Don't be put off by the entrance or the trek down the stairs, it's worth the effort. We were the only people in the place early lunch time so I can't make an authoritative review but my bacon sandwich was delicious, my wife's muffin had been gently warmed and the coffee was excellent. Would recommend.

Reviewed 1 January 2014

I enjoyed this bright and breezy restaurant with an up-market, 'yacht club' feel. The food was excellent, if a bit pricey, but I would go back for a special occasion. It was dark when we ate there so we didn't go out 'on deck' but I imagine it would be gorgeous on a summer evening.

Reviewed 10 December 2013

Ate here at end of November with my wife and a couple of friends. I suspect that if I'd managed to get a good table here in June, I would have given a near 5 star rating regardless of the food, but if they are to maintain their 'ranking' out of season the standard of food needs to improve a little more. The Fish was OK, the chips were served in an interesting miniature bucket but they were spoilt by being far too greasy. Similarly, the bread and butter pudding was OK but lacked any sort of wow factor that would have me making a return visit in a hurry. The level of service from the waitresses was very attentive, but no doubt helped by the fact that it was a Saturday lunchtime and only one other table has guests eating!
Overall, a good experience but go for the location rather than he food!

Reviewed 8 December 2013

Ate here a while back with my wife and a couple of friends, it's a lovely setting and the service was good. I have eaten here twice now I didn't enjoy it the first time but my wife liked it mainly because it's a nice place. As you would expect being in Salcombe overlooking the sea it's not cheap, I don't mind this at all but you need to back it up with decent food. I had a fish salad, which basically consisted of a mound of rocket I love rocket by the way but expected more than the tiny piece of fish I received. The flavours of the dish were not great either and my wife's paella was average at best, I cook a far better one myself and I am no Roux brother. In summary they really need to work on the food as it's not very good.