1,388 results
All reviewsestuary viewcomplimentary gin and sherrywelcome drinklighting systemcinema roomon arrivallovely hotelwhite company toiletrieslittle touchescar parkcrabsteam roomstunning locationbeautiful roomout of seasonrelaxing stayfollowing morning
Reviewed 15 November 2017

First class service and food in restaurant
Some team members a little lacking but I am sure that these issues
will have been dealt with fully after my conversation with the General Manager
of the hotel. Very impressed in the way in which he dealt with my issues and his overall
response.
I would therefore, recommend this hotel for a short stay.
The town and area speaks for itself.
You must visit the Winking Prawn, a mile down the road for a lunch and pleasant walk.

Room Tip: Fourth floor suite facing the estuary
  • Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David L
Terry-Louise W, Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2017

David L,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. We're glad to read you had enjoyed the Salcombe town and are and service experienced was first-class. We hope to welcome you back again.

Reviewed 13 November 2017 via mobile

Really lovely stay at Salcombe Harbour Hotel. We were there for one night midweek. We stayed in room 306 which was a estuary glimpse balcony room. I would say that this was undersold. It has a great view of the estuary but is interrupted by some houses.

Pros

- Large, lovely room - decor is spot on
- Decent bathroom/shower
- Gym/Spa combo is great
- 90% exceptional service. Special mention for the porters who do an excellent job
- Good breakfast, flexible with my habitual ‘tailoring’ of the menu
- Lent us towels to take to the beach even after check out.

Cons (minor only)

- The gym gets quite busy as locals can have a membership which means it can be hard to access some equipment. It’s a well stocked hotel gym but too small for a public one.

Over all, we loved it and will be back!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Widdventurer
Terry-Louise W, Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2017

Widdventurer,

Thank you for your review and for choosing to stay with us during the Summer period. We're delighted to read you had enjoyed a stay that had exceeded expectations and you were more than happy with your Estuary Glimpse View Room. We're sorry to hear you felt the gym was overcrowded; during your next visit, we can advise of our quieter times to better suit your needs. Thank you again for your kind words. We look forward to welcoming you soon.

Reviewed 12 November 2017

This hotel is a must for any couple who is looking for a quiet, comfortable and scenic getaway. We were greeted by an attendant who unloaded our bags and parked our car. The room was comfortable, well finished and there were a couple of other treats for consumption. After settling in, we enjoyed the spa facilities and a delicious meal in the evening - including oysters and fillet steak.

• Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
Terry-Louise W, Manager at Salcombe Harbour Hotel & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2017

EnglishTeacher7,

Thank you for your recent visit and complimentary review. We're delighted to read you had enjoyed the quiet, comfortable and scenic getaway you had longed for and we look forward to welcoming you back in the future!

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Arriving at the Harbour Hotel was amazing. The porter who greeted us on arrival was brilliant! Top marks, sadly we cannot remember your name, Glasses from Easter Europe. The outstanding service continued into reception where we was greeted by a tall male receptionist who was excellent!

Where it all went wrong.. I booked online dinner in the Jetty Restaurant and I requested a romantic table for two. When arriving at the hotel I spoke to the restaurant and asked for a Birthday surprise desert for my partner.

We arrived at the restaurant for dinner that evening only to be seated at a table for six in the centre. Not! Your perfect romantic setting. Furthermore the waitress and restaurant manager had no idea about my booking.

We was seated at an appropriate table after I demanded it and we enjoyed are meal together. The waiter came over and asked if we would like desert. Considering I had pre booked a surprise desert I left the table to find out what was going on! Yep they had forgotten! Unacceptable considering the restaurant bill was over £170.

Breakfast was not much joy. The service was terrible! We was seated and waited for 10 minutes before the waiter approached us. He asked us what we would like to order? We had no idea as no one provided us with a menu when seated. Doh!

How do I sum up are stay? Great location, reception and spa staff fantastic! Restaurant sadly let's this place down.

Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Tristan P

Tristan P,

Thank you for your recent celebratory stay and review. We're sorry to hear the initial warm welcome and positive impression did not continue throughout the rest of your stay. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak to you directly regarding your concerns and ask that you reach out directly via my below contact details when convenient.

Terry-Louise.Weeks@harbourhotels.co.uk

Reviewed 10 November 2017

A 2 night stay, inland double room. First night very noisy as we were at road level ,the road ran right outside our window so anyone could look in and we had to keep our blind closed at all times. The. bathroom had a major problem. One of the controls on the wall was falling off. This was reported twice but no action was taken during our stay. In the bedroom the only bedroom light did not work, presumably the bulb had gone - again reported twice, no action taken. We had good evening meal, although rather expensive.
Breakfasts wer OK but English Breakfast could have been hotter, obviously pre prepare not cooked to order. Overall not impressed given its publicity. We ordered morning papers on arrival non arrived first morning and had to walk to village shop to get one. Repeated request,again no paper second day!

Room Tip: Do not get a room overlooking the road
Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

HawkeyeChelenham,

Thank you for your recent visit and review. It is a real shame to hear of the many challenges experienced during your stay and moreover, a shame to hear these situations were not recovered in any way. I would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly and ask that you reach out to my below email address when convenient.

Terry-Louise.Weeks@harbourhotels.co.uk