“Boatswains is Best!”

Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reading
“Boatswains is Best!”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Boatswains is a regular destination for us when we go to Salcombe and is a special night out for us whilst Grandma babysits!

The menu is extensive, but we tend to choose something from the specials board. The staff have always been really attentive and happy to chat and you are made to feel very welcome.

We'll be back again in April 2014.

Visited August 2013

Worthing, United Kingdom
“Another lovely meal”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Another lovely meal.
A very Americanised menu. Large portions! (Can never finished)
They're puddings sound so good, but I can never finish my main, let alone pudding! (We have starters).

Torquay, United Kingdom
“Fab Meal”
Reviewed 6 October 2013

The food was excellent as was the service, the atmosphere was good, I also liked the background music.

Visited September 2013
Westerham, United Kingdom
“Lovely evening-great food, drink, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Booked to go here for our last night in Salcombe based on it being Number 1 on Trip Advisor and the restaurant didn't disappoint. Lovely food-good portions, good wine list, efficient friendly service and a great buzzy atmosphere...just make sure you book as we saw people being turned away whilst we were dining.

• Visited October 2013
“Food good. Customer service? Left me feeling suicidal....”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

Well here goes....! Just left the brasserie and feeling pretty pretty low. Decided to venture out with my husband for a meal after we had tried the previous evening with the whole family. (Sadly they didn't have highchairs so had to decline) the food itself was lovely, although Cajun chicken and chips priced at roughly 17 pounds is pushing it! The atmosphere was a bit dull, I made a mistake by ordering a whole Seabass, it arrived and hadn't been filleted. I hate hate hate spending my time picking out fish bones during a meal, after the first forkful this was inevitable. So I decided to return my meal...fully aware this was my mistake and happy to pay the price, however the manager arrived with a very rude and abrupt 'we'll i am sorry but this was your mistake you will have to pay full price for both meals' I didn't have a minute to think, so there we were, paying the bill for three. Then on our departure, there is the manager smoking a cigarette in the ally way. Nice.....

3 Thank Kmd_19885