“Very spacious and courteous, obliging host”
Review of Waverley B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Salcombe
Waverley B&B
Ranked #3 of 21 Salcombe B&B and Inns
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Very spacious and courteous, obliging host”
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Stayed three nights in April...enjoyed the run of the three-bedroomed self-contained second floor with two v large bedrooms and ensuite plus a smaller twin also with ensuite, I think. Comfy, very spacious and attractively decorated sitting room kitchen again tastefully furnished. You sit around a large table in the main house for breakfast....cereals, juices, choice of cooked breakfasts. All in all a v good find!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Salisbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 April 2013

The room was beatifully decorated, clean and breakfast was delicious, but....
The two chairs in the room were impossilbe to sit, as the spring(I think) of both chairs were too noticealbe. The balthroom was small, which is not a problem, but if there was a hook on the door, at least the guest could hung the towel or cloths when using shower. The towel rail is out of reach from the shower cubicle, as it was the other side of the washing basin, and this was not great specially it was rahter cold... The mirror in the bathroom was too high (am average hight), and I could only see my forehead. As there was no heating in the bathroom (assume you do not need in sunny, warm Salcombe?), the bath towel had no chance to dry overnight in cold April. I should have put near the heating in the room? You see, these small things add up and made me feel a bit dissapointed, as the furnishing is so well done. Wish the owner paid a little more attantion from the view of people staying the room.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kazanlik
Exeter, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here in the summer.

Everything about the b&b was perfect and Pauline was a great host. It was such a pleasant stay that we are looking forward to going back asap.

Breakfast was brilliant and the b&b was beautiful. Pauline gave us tips on places to visit and we had a truly brilliant stay. The best b&b we have ever stayed in.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Winchester, UK
Reviewed 24 October 2012

We stayed here for 2 nights in October 2012 for a wedding. The room was clean, and comfortable, although the bed was a little hard for my taste, but that's a personal thing. The bathroom was spotless, the shower was powerful and refreshing, which was nice! We had hanging wardrobe space, a decent sized flat screen TV (although we were out a lot so didn't use it) and enough spare sockets for chargers and that kind of stuff too. The breakfast was excellent both mornings, and we were made to feel welcome too. Any gripes? Well, the room we were in didn't have much in the way of daylight as it was at the bottom of the property, which isn't the same as ground level - more of a basement, but that is ok for short stays. The breakfast room though was right above us, so 8am onwards, you do tend to hear a game of musical chairs above you. That was just our room though, there are rooms which won't be affected by this and we were up and about anyway. There's enough room for about 5 cars to park in the driveway, but if you're not that mobile, be aware that Salcombe has some fairly steep hills and steps to climb - this property isn't at the top of the hill, but it is up the hill from the town. Very nice though and I'd be happy to stay there again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I cannot fault my stay.
Comfortable clean good sized room and ''having tried all the meals on
the menu'' fantastic breakfasts.
Pauline could not have been a better host, doing all she could to make
my stay truly memorable.
I will return to Waverley as soon as I can find an excuse to revisit Salcombe.

• Stayed September 2012
Bristol, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My room was right at the top on the second floor accessible by an outside staircase. To get to breakfast I had to come down the staircase and into the front door - a little odd. Judging by other reviews I was probably unlucky with my room. As another reviewer found, the UHT milk in a carton in the room was off - probably because it was left in the sun. Breakfast was fine. If on foot, the B&B is near the top of the hill, making it quite a climb from the town centre.

Room Tip: Try to get a room in the main building.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
Pauline S, Owner at Waverley B&B, responded to this review, 28 September 2012
I am saddened that the gentleman found short comings with my accommodation.
I have considered his points carefully with a view to implementing improvements where possible to do so. However taking each point raised in turn I am at a loss.
He was a single walker whom I accommodated in an en-suite double bedroom housing a king sized bed with circulation space to all three sides.
As a walker visiting Salcombe I am surprised to hear he had issues walking half way up a hill.
He mentioned he was unhappy with the UHT milk supplied so I provided fresh which he appeared to be happy with.
I cannot do anything to change the physical layout of my premises. My web site picture clearly shows the external staircase to the top flat which incidentally provides a kitchen and lounge for guest (his) use.
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I stayed as a single person in Waverly, after looking into few other B&Bs in Salcombe.

My room was very pleasant, clean, organized and comfortable from every aspect.

The lady running the B&B is very nice and helpful with every request and questions I had during my stay.

Free (and fast) internet, TV, amazing breakfast, all that you need to start a nice vacation.

Highly recommended, especially since as the value per costs is very high (in my opinion).

Room Tip: Salcombe is built on a steep hill, so for those sensitive to climbing - it's better you look for...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo