“Great view, bad service”
Review of The Ferry Inn

The Ferry Inn
Ranked #11 of 39 Restaurants in Salcombe
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Good pub grub, wholesome and reasonably priced. Great and friendly service, dog friendly, live sports in bar area and terrace to enjoy the sun. Front row seat for local regatta and firework display (book early). Amazing views from all areas and restaurant area available for booking. Live music and special events throughout the year (pig racing is a must see). The team at the Ferry Inn look forward to your visit
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The Ferry has some of the best views in the area, great enjoyed with a drink in the sun. Prices are average fr the area, and I didn't mind paying as the view is just great.

Only problem, is that the service has gone really downhill, the staff do not smile, and I almost felt like I was a burden every time I went to order a drink.

1  Thank HM92

Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Visited recently to Salcombe with the family and got lucky with beautiful weather! So where better to go than the beer garden over looking the water, we were greeted by lovely staff although they did look rather rushed off their feet. Overall, worth a go.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Having managed to get away earlier than expected this year,I yet again returned to Salcombe.I visited with friends and we tried our luck again at The Ferry Inn,Fore Street ( just up from Dick & Wills but down from The Harbour Hotel).
Having visited last year during Regatta weeks, the town had just the right amount of hustle and bustle for my liking for this short visit.We settled into a seat right by the "sea"wall and took in the magnificent vista. Drinks soon arrived and we chatted late into the evening. During our time at the Ferry Inn, we were approached by Mike (manager) who recognised us from last year and spent sometime with us, which was extremely nice of him, having only met once before.Mike took the time to explain what was "new" in town and what plans were afoot for the forthcoming Regatta weeks ( which we will try and get down for).
The food we had ( our party contained 5 members and all of us had fish & chips) was very well presented,at a correct temperature and served with professionalism and a smile.The price was great for the amount of food that we had,and too be perfectly honest was a little bit too much for me, but the rest of our party would have probably had seconds!!!! We were checked upon at regular intervals by not only waiters but also bar staff, one of which "Ben" or Benny" ( apologies if I didn't quite catch your name properly,) was extremely pleasant.
I would recommend The Ferry Inn to anyone,the staff, management and views are out of this world, so please,please,please give it a go if you've never been, not only to Salcombe,but also The Ferry Inn.
Jason and friends.

2  Thank Jasonj999
Reviewed 14 June 2014

A great place to sit and have a drink and watch the river. We had fish and chips which was just passable but so expensive as were the drinks. £33 in total. A bit of an expensive view in my opinion. If we went again we'd only have a drink and enjoy the view.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

This pub has the prime location in Salcombe, overlooking the mouth of the estuary.
Beer and food prices are reasonable and the food is of a decent standard.

The service and attitude of the staff are awful. You get the feeling that they are livid that you are giving them your custom. Nobody smiled and the staff serving the food clearly though that waiting on tables was below them. A wait for drinks and a long wait for food. A lady next to me at the bar was short changed by £10, but luckily noticed.

This pub could be so much more than a nice location... but they’ll always be busy, so probably don’t give a damn.

1  Thank Simon S