“The view saves it”

Ranked #12 of 39 Restaurants in Salcombe
Price range: US$7 - US$17
Cuisines: British
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Good pub grub, wholesome and reasonably priced. Great and friendly service, dog friendly, live sports in bar area and terrace to enjoy the sun. Front row seat for local regatta and firework display (book early). Amazing views from all areas and restaurant area available for booking. Live music and special events throughout the year (pig racing is a must see). The team at the Ferry Inn look forward to your visit
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We had a lunch at the Ferry Inn on a really hot day so went and sat on the terrace. It was packed and when you see the view you can understand why. I went into the bar to order, looked a bit grimy and the bar man could have been friendlier but I suppose he was hot and rushed off his feet. I ordered two crab baguettes ( you pay extra for a baguette) he then messed up the drink order and I was made to feel it was my fault- paid £26 for two baguettes, half a lager and a bitter shandy. Took my ticket and waited and waited and waited, people with numbers higher than us were getting their food so I went to ask to be told they had run out of baguettes and were cooking more, fair enough except when it arrived I would have preferred for it to have been allowed to cool as it was oozing out the sides.

On a plus side, it is dog friendly, they clear the tables quickly and the view is to die for.

1  Thank MrsKF

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had our second visit in a week here last night and both were great. With one milk allergy and one vegetarian family member it can be hard sometimes to find something suitable for everyone. We are usually disappointed by the quality of vegetarian dishes let alone the selection. The world appears to think we all like Goats cheese.

Both the mushroom, Stilton and walnut salad and the grilled halloumi salad were excellent. For other family members the chilli squid and the scallop and chorizo salad were also good.

With friendly and helpful service and amazing views we could not fault it.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Overlooking the harbour with great views and next to the ferry boats. Lovely place to relax and watch all the boats coming and going.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Drinks taste like they've been in their bottles for past over "sell by " date! Shame as fab location. Food mediocre... Needs an overhaul to catch up with rest of Salcombe and their much expected clientele....

1  Thank H B
Reviewed 21 July 2014 via mobile

Location location location , beer terrible food not much better but best location in Salcombe come on mike sort it out ..................