“Was a tad overpriced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Winking Prawn

Winking Prawn
Reserve with OpenTable
Winking Prawn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 37 Restaurants in Salcombe
Price range: US$9 - US$32
Good for: View, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
London, United Kingdom
“Was a tad overpriced.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

Drove past here on first day, and decided to give it a try when my parents joined us that day. Our grumpy teething 8 month old might have clouded my judgement a little.... So positives first. Friendly staff, lovely Marquee style area for BBQ food and a Esperanto restaurant. The decor was great, scrubbed bench tables, buckets and spades on tables. We chose the BBQ area rather than restaurant as it was cheaper and better suited for our family as it was less 'posh'. It was £16.95 per person and you could choose 2 main bits like chicken, steak. Prawns etc, then were given bread, salad, spuds for everyone. Steak was lovely. Everything else good, but portion size for 4 adults was a bit too lean. Hence why I think it wasn't best for value. Atmosphere was great and as I say staff were great. So I'd say was nice, but not nice enough for a very good.....

• Polish first
Dartmouth, United Kingdom
“Seaside perfect!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

Wow, what a good find this place is. Lovely, colorfully painted, wooden bench tables across the road from a gorgeous sandy beach. We sat in the sun and drank cold chenin blanc whilst sharing a plateau fruits de mer. Really lovely lunch, my only complaint is the chips were cold but pleasingly came with skin on for extra flavour. Happy days.

London, United Kingdom
“Fun and funky”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

Such a fun place. You go in smiling and come out smiling broadly. We walked in for breakfast, a buffet of stupendously good value, and settled down to enjoy the food, the seaside beach atmosphere and the Beach Boys pumping our their hits that bolstered the joys of this surfside, ramshackle, cheerful place.

bucks uk
“Great location and fun for kids”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

Fantastic location and views and fab ice cream.
Lunch service is slow when busy and as a result tables are cleared and cleaned as you might like but for what it is and where it is its great for relaxed lunches or BBQ evenings.
Kids love the sandpit and dressing up boxes.

• Visited May 2014
Northampton, United Kingdom
“More Fish Than Meat”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

I suppose the name should give it away but this beach side restaurant is almost totally fish focused which is fine if it's fish you want but if steak is your fancy for the evening you'd best make sure you give clear instructions on how they prepare it. I expect many reviewers will give The Prawn high marks but I am a bit circumspect about this place, great for families with kids and buzzing at most times in the day it was looking a bit careworn on the evening I visited and whilst the staff were efficient I had the feeling that they were nearing the end of a long hard day and had just about had enough of the great unwashed. Our meals were OK but at the prices quoted I thought the place was just a bit too informal however if I were 30 years younger I would probably give it good marks. One very good thing is that it is one of the few restaurants in Salcombe where you can park within a few feet of the building.

• Visited May 2014